VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi Guys,
    I want to replace an audio in a video file but I'm a little confused because its different.
    I want to replace a certain(special) duration in a video file.
    For example the video file duration is about 4 minute and the duration that i want to replace is from minute 2 to minute 3.
    Which software do you recommend for me and what method ?
    I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. You could use audacity (make sure you set up the ffmpeg plugin). Drop the video into Audacity and edit the audio as separate tracks.
    Export and mux the new audio and original video together with Xmedia Recode (use 'Copy'), or tsMuxer (just delete original audio and add your new audio file).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for answering earlier
    I expected to suggesting from popular software such as (Adobe Premiere Elements 12.0 or Corel Video Studio Ultimate 16.0.0.106)
    Is there any way to perform with singular software? such as the softwares that i mentioned above.
    Unfortunately (audacity-win-2.0.5) doesn't support MP4 video file so i think i have to set up several plugin, would you tel me where can i find them?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Audacity is an editor for audio ONLY. By altering the audio and copying the video component you won't lose video quality.
    If you use adobe or corel you are likely going to have to re-encode the video. But yes, you can use either of those.
    Separate the video and audio tracks and just replace the audio on the timeline.
    Quote Quote  
  5. In those software i don't know how can i edit the audio of the video file.
    I mean i want to edit the audio file of the movie not separately.
    Is it possible to edit?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Not unless you use the software you mentioned, or the packages I mentioned.
    Video and audio are stored in two (or more) different tracks. In order to edit, you first have to separate them.
    Then you have to join them back together. Adobe and Corel do it in one go, visually, on timelines.
    You may have to 'ungroup' (seperate them in adobe or corel), then replace the audio component with your own.

EDIT: I know, it sounds confusing, but once you have done it a couple of times you will wonder what all the fuss was about.
    The major setback is the learning curve required to master the various software packages which enable you to do it.
    Last edited by transporterfan; 3rd Aug 2014 at 10:15.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    If you already have Adobe PE or Corel VS, it's easy:

1. Load the V+A file in their tracks
    2. Load the A-only file in its track next to the V+A
    3. Sync the tracks
    4. Turn OFF the voice of the V's A track, leaving the A-only track's voice ON.
    5. Edit away, and then render out.

Scottt
    Quote Quote  
  8. So i have to separate video and audio file and then edit the audio file and finally mix all them together.
    Ok I'm going to check that.

Dear Cornucopia,
    I assume you didn't get what I need to perform.
    I don't Want to change whole sound track.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Yes, you just mute the old audio for that duration and replace it with the new one for that section

The other sections still have the old audio, just that part from minute 2 to minute 3 in your example has replaced audio
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    No, you weren't clear enough, so I didn't get what you wanted to do. However, what I said is still valid if you include the part that PDR just mentioned. Just mute the undesired clips' voice instead of the whole undesired track voice.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  11. You mean i can do it without separating?
    How can i mute the sound?
    i decided to separate the audio and then cut it to 2 part and after that add these parts in timeline and space( for example 1 minute) between them and finally add the new sound (that i wanted to replace) through them.
    Although this manner is a little difficult but its practical.
    If its possible to mute undesired duration without separating, would you tell me the exact learning?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Tell us what software you plan to use.

Search Youtube for 'premier elements audio editing'.

This is an example using corel video studio https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bq76eV8vV0
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by x_man9989 View Post
    You mean i can do it without separating?
    How can i mute the sound?
    i decided to separate the audio and then cut it to 2 part and after that add these parts in timeline and space( for example 1 minute) between them and finally add the new sound (that i wanted to replace) through them.
    Although this manner is a little difficult but its practical.
    If its possible to mute undesired duration without separating, would you tell me the exact learning?
    Mute a section, cut out a piece, separate, add more tracks... The software you mention can do all of these. There are many ways to skin this particular cat. It's easy. It's what the software is designed to do. You just have to take a few minutes to explore, experiment and get comfortable. If you haven't bought the software yet, add Vegas Movie Studio to the ones you want to try.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!