VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When I Google search for "HVJenkins64" a blank page results if I click any links related to HVJenkins64. A friend sent me the link related to registration which results in blank page too. I've tried IE7 and Mozilla Seamonkey as well as trying 3 different PCs (2 WinXP and 1 Win7) all resulting in same blank page. The only solution I find from Google search for the blank page problem is a download from http://www.pcactivator.com/fix/errors.php?error=Blank%20Page&gclid=CJ3Chdr39L8CFWwQ7AodsyYA7w. Does anybody know cause or fix for this problem and whether the download fix link is advisable?
    Last edited by bevills1; 3rd Aug 2014 at 09:56.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I have an idea why this might be happening. Some ISPs restrict web site access and won't let you click on links you find via searches. This is done through some DNS trickery. I've only seen this done for warez sites and sites that have live sports streaming that might be illegal in the USA. I strongly suggest that you change your DNS servers to either Open DNS or Google DNS.

Instructions to use Google DNS
    https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using
    or Open DNS
    https://use.opendns.com/

Your search seems to be for a school reunion or at least that's what my searches found, so I have no idea why your ISP wants to block your access. If I am right then changing your DNS servers will fix the issue because the real problem is that your ISP won't allow the DNS queries on your links to resolve so you can actually go to the pages. Fix the DNS problem by using a different DNS server and the problem goes away. I use Open DNS but both are good.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    works fine here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-08-02_134803.png
Views:	199
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	26711
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried the Open DNS steps for WinXP, but it doesn't help. Would using the steps for Generic Router instead of or in addition to WinXP steps resolve the problem?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    are your browsers up to date? wix.com uses html5 and older browsers may not open the sites. that would explain the blank pages.
    --
    Quote Quote  
  6. Yup, he's using seven year old IE7. And SeaMonkey (not Seaminkey) browser uses a subset of Firefox code (Which may not interpret HTML5 code either)
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  7. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post
    SeaMonkey (not Seaminkey) browser uses a subset of Firefox code (Which may not interpret HTML5 code either)
    More probably, it's wix.com that dislikes anything which is not Gayfox or Chrome-cloned.
    I am no expert, but I serious doubt the Seamonkey developers would dare to cripple the functionality of the Gecko layout engine.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    firefox worked on that page fine. but it's up to date version 31.
    --
    Quote Quote  
  9. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    For the notes, an up-to-date build of NETSCAPE 5 deals fine with wix.com.

Only now I remember: some weeks ago, I had to upgrade my Seamonkey setup, because of
    some dubious "improvements" in mega.co.nz (downloads were freezing at 99%).

Last edited by El Heggunte; 3rd Aug 2014 at 11:48. Reason: disambiguation : - /
    Quote Quote  
  10. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    firefox worked on that page fine. but it's up to date version 31.
    I'm afraid you meant *Gluegoe Chrome* when you wrote "firefox"
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mozilla-Firefox-31-Beta-2-Now-Available-for-Download-447118-2.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	163.2 KB
ID:	26715  

Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    TreeTop thanks for pointing out the misspelling of Seamonkey which I've now corrected. I upgraded Seamonkey to latest version, but Seamonkey still gives blank page for the site. However, Seamonkey worked for El Heggunte which must mean it's something other than a browser issue. Even Chrome, an up-to-date build of NETSCAPE 5, or any other browser will likely fail until whatever the cause is gets resolved.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    For the notes, an up-to-date build of NETSCAPE 5 deals fine with wix.com.

Only now I remember: some weeks ago, I had to upgrade my Seamonkey setup, because of
    some dubious "improvements" in mega.co.nz (downloads were freezing at 99%).
    Do you mean you upgraded to latest Seamonkey version, or what did you do if not that? I'm running Seamonkey 2.26 which is latest version shown on the Mozilla site, and I can't understand why my Seamonkey won't display the link in that thread while yours does.
    Quote Quote  
  13. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, I have Seamonkey version 2.26. Regarding that page at wix.com, the only problem I had with it was happening because of NoScript ---
    --- after I gave permission to run wix.com, the page finally displayed normally, instead of showing just a list of links

But FULLY-BLANK pages at mega and wix, to me they only happen when I use Opera 11.64.
    So I have no idea of what is wrong with your setup, sorry
    PERHAPS a firewall setting OR/AND your ISP is blocking some site on which wix.com depends?
    Last edited by El Heggunte; 6th Aug 2014 at 10:14.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well I don't know anything about NoScript, but I installed the NoScript plugin for Seamonkey after reading your post. Now giving permission for wix.com it shows just a list of links instead of a blank page. My suspicion is you probably have some other plugin that I don't have. Can you tell me what plugins you have for me to try to see if it helps?

In my searches for a solution to the problem I found something about Google Chrome Frame, but unfortunately it was discontinued by Google in February 2014 according to search results. If that's needed, I suppose I'm out of luck due to its discontinuance unless I could find it on some old apps site, but the only ones found thus far lead to link to download and install Google Chrome browser. Hopefully another plugin you are running will resolve problems if you can provide that info.

Edit: It's apparently something either besides or in addition to Chrome Frame because I found and installed Chrome Frame Add-On for IE from http://techdows.com/2010/09/download-google-chrome-frame-offline-installer-stable-version.html. I've still not found Chrome Frame for Seamonkey, but the problem now seems to be something else.
    Last edited by bevills1; 6th Aug 2014 at 13:11.
    Quote Quote  
  15. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Have you already tried the intermediation of a public/free proxy server

Because if even through a proxy you remain unable to view wix.com correctly, then you can be sure that the problem is somewhere on your computer, and not between wix.com and your ISP
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	seamonkey-addons.png
Views:	494
Size:	160.6 KB
ID:	26747  

Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I know the problem isn't between wix.com and the ISP because a friend with the same ISP can view the page, and I have no idea what intermediation of a public/free proxy server is or how to do that. My hunch is that it's 1 or more plug-ins they have and you have that I don't have. What's the point of the thumbnail for Add-Ons Manager - Netscape 5 since I don't have Netscape?
    Quote Quote  
  17. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by bevills1 View Post
    What's the point of the thumbnail for Add-Ons Manager - Netscape 5 since I don't have Netscape?

That's NOT Netscape 5, it's Seamonkey I changed the browser's name in the title bar, only because "Seamonkey" was the codename for Netscape 5

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/366258-Transform-SeaMonkey-into-Netscape-5

And the old icon rocks as well
    Last edited by El Heggunte; 7th Aug 2014 at 00:39. Reason: add link
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried installing DOM Inspector 2.0.15pre, Java Script Debugger 0.9.89 and Old Default Image Style 3.0.5, but it showed they are unavailable for Seamonkey 2.26. I elected to install DOM Inspector Plus [dm] 2.0.15.1 and Tiny JavaScript Debugger 0.9.5 after which Seamonkey shows they were installed but also shows Java Script Debugger 0.9.89 and DOM Inspector 2.0.15pre are present. Do you know if I can or should remove DOM Inspector Plus [dm] 2.0.15.1 and Tiny JavaScript Debugger 0.9.5? Seamonkey still won't display the wix.com pages which must mean there's some other problem.
    Quote Quote  
  19. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by bevills1 View Post
    I tried installing DOM Inspector 2.0.15pre, Java Script Debugger 0.9.89 and Old Default Image Style 3.0.5, but it showed they are unavailable for Seamonkey 2.26.
    http://addonconverter.fotokraina.com/

But since the OS itself seems to be screwed , I recommend that you first do a TOTAL uninstall of SeaMonkey and/or Firefox
    with the help from CrapCleaner, Revo Uninstaller, whatever.

BTW, there is a portable edition of Pale Moon, maybe it's worth trying...
    Last edited by El Heggunte; 7th Aug 2014 at 13:36. Reason: disambiguation
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not sure your assumption the OS seems to be screwed is valid. However, IE7 began causing problems including system crash. I removed IE7 and installed IE8 resulting in the HVJenkins64 pages at wix.com now opening normally in IE8 plus all pages now open much faster in IE8 than in IE7. Perhaps uninstalling and reinstalling Seamonkey may help. I'll post back whether it helps or not.
    Quote Quote  
  21. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    What, so wix.com has a "special consideration" for IE8

Originally Posted by wix.com
    You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer. For a faster, safer browsing experience, ......... Upgrade Now
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    More likely it's short comings or bugs in IE7 that were fixed in IE8 I believe.
    Quote Quote  
  23. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Wix HTML5 Product Drops Support for IE8

Wix News | May 8th 2012

http://www.wix.com/blog/2012/05/wix-html5-product-drops-support-for-ie8/

How Will this Impact Me?

If people using IE8 will visit your (WIX) website, they’ll still be able to view and interact with your content. However, some advanced HTML5 features will not display as nicely as they would for people using modern browsers. The great news is that by freeing our HTML5 platform from the constraints of IE8 compatibility, we will now be able to integrate spectacular new features for your benefit.
    In other words, wix.com (still) tolerates IE8, and expects that every user of Opera has switched to the Chrome-clone editions -_-

Why We’re Dropping Support for IE8

Following the exciting launch of our HTML5 website builder, our current target is to turn it into the gayest website builder in the market. IE8, however, interferes with this mission. In terms of browser functionality, IE8 is considered far behind the curve: it is slow to load, ranks low on web browser security and doesn’t support rich HTML5 features. Every revolution is fueled by change, and in order to give you the full power of HTML5 technology we’re letting IE8 go.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    One of the suggestions from http://www.wix.com/blog/2012/05/wix-html5-product-drops-support-for-ie8/ is to switch to IE9 or IE10, but that's not an option for WinXP systems that support up to IE8 only. Looks kike my best option is to do the Seamonkey uninstall and reinstall to see if it will work properly. Actually I'd prefer to stop using IE altogether if some sites didn't require its use, but I want to keep number of browsers to a minimum too.

Edit: Seamonkey was uninstalled using Revo Uninstaller and then reinstalled resulting in same behavior as in original post, i.e. blank page for wix.com sites. Looks like I'm stuck with IE8 for now because I don't want to install 3,4 or more browsers.

Edit: Finally found a solution posted at http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r29462386-Seamonkey-unable-to-display-some-web-pages?r=82#29462589. Apparently something was corrupt in the original Seamonkey profile because creating a new profile fixed the problem.
    Last edited by bevills1; 14th Aug 2014 at 16:17.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well it turns out nothing was corrupt after all in the original Seamonkey profile. By trying different cookie settings in the original Profile under Seamonkey Preferences, Privacy & Security, Cookies I find I can display the web page by selecting 'Allow cookies for the originating website only (no third party cookies)" under Cookie Acceptance Policy and "Accept for current session only" under Cookie Retention Policy. The more restrictive "Ask for each cookie" setting I had been using under Cookie Retention Policy results in the blank page.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!