VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Can somebody help me locate the Playback distributors that releases the Universal TV series'? I can't find them anywhere and I need to contact them because I bought the complete box set of Columbo ages ago and Disc 1 is faulty and it's too late for me to return it to Amazon. I need to contact Playback about returning Disc 1 for an exchange. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    You UK guys are always buying region 1 DVDs. Did you actually buy a region 1 box set and you neglected to mention that? If so, I suppose anything can happen, but I don't think you've got a chance in hell of getting a replacement if that's the case. Universal could argue that region 1 DVDs weren't intended for your market and you accepted the risk when you bought it. You need to also understand that disc replacement isn't an offer good until the end of time and a purchase "ages is ago" is likely to be met with no interest in helping you as they have no way to know if you were just careless and are trying to get a free disc to cover up your own misdeed that ruined the disc.

This website has a Contact Us button at the bottom of the main page.
    http://www.universalpictures.co.uk/
    You may get a replacement even if you broke the disc yourself if they have really good customer service. But I can tell you having visited their US theme park in Orlando that they could NOT possibly be more utterly clueless about customer service there and that doesn't give me any confidence that they'll want to help you. Every part of the Disney empire emphases customer service and Universal is the exact opposite. Here's how they are.
    Disney: Would you like to buy this extra stuff? We'd sure like to sell it to you if you'd like to have it. But if you don't want it, that's OK. Have a nice day either way!
    Universal: You see that money in your wallet? That belongs to ME. If you give it to me without complaint I'll give you some trinkets for it, but make no mistake - you don't have any money. That money in your wallet is MINE.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    You UK guys are always buying region 1 DVDs. Did you actually buy a region 1 box set and you neglected to mention that? If so, I suppose anything can happen, but I don't think you've got a chance in hell of getting a replacement if that's the case. Universal could argue that region 1 DVDs weren't intended for your market and you accepted the risk when you bought it. You need to also understand that disc replacement isn't an offer good until the end of time and a purchase "ages is ago" is likely to be met with no interest in helping you as they have no way to know if you were just careless and are trying to get a free disc to cover up your own misdeed that ruined the disc.

This website has a Contact Us button at the bottom of the main page.
    http://www.universalpictures.co.uk/
    You may get a replacement even if you broke the disc yourself if they have really good customer service. But I can tell you having visited their US theme park in Orlando that they could NOT possibly be more utterly clueless about customer service there and that doesn't give me any confidence that they'll want to help you. Every part of the Disney empire emphases customer service and Universal is the exact opposite. Here's how they are.
    Disney: Would you like to buy this extra stuff? We'd sure like to sell it to you if you'd like to have it. But if you don't want it, that's OK. Have a nice day either way!
    Universal: You see that money in your wallet? That belongs to ME. If you give it to me without complaint I'll give you some trinkets for it, but make no mistake - you don't have any money. That money in your wallet is MINE.
    What are you talking about?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Arthur_Ballsack View Post
    Can somebody help me locate the Playback distributors that releases the Universal TV series'? I can't find them anywhere and I need to contact them because I bought the complete box set of Columbo ages ago and Disc 1 is faulty and it's too late for me to return it to Amazon. I need to contact Playback about returning Disc 1 for an exchange. Thanks.
    If Playback doesn't have contact information in any literature included with the DVDs, you could try writing to Amazon and Universal to see if they can put you in touch with Playback.

Universal itself is unlikely to exchange the faulty disc. Their policy is that the retailer, in this case amazon.co.uk, handles returns. From the UK website linked to above:

DVD Enquiries

The DVD/Blu-ray Disc that I have bought / have been given is faulty. How can I exchange it for the correct version?
    Your sales contract is with the original retailer you purchased your product from so you will need to take it back to them. They will be able to exchange it for the correct product or offer you a refund. Standard procedures are in place for the retailer to return faulty stock to the local manufacturer.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Originally Posted by Arthur_Ballsack View Post
    If Playback doesn't have contact information in any literature included with the DVDs, you could try writing to Amazon and Universal to see if they can put you in touch with Playback.

Universal itself is unlikely to exchange the faulty disc. Their policy is that the retailer, in this case amazon.co.uk, handles returns. From the UK website linked to above:

DVD Enquiries

The DVD/Blu-ray Disc that I have bought / have been given is faulty. How can I exchange it for the correct version?
    Your sales contract is with the original retailer you purchased your product from so you will need to take it back to them. They will be able to exchange it for the correct product or offer you a refund. Standard procedures are in place for the retailer to return faulty stock to the local manufacturer.
    Thanks for that info. I'll ask Amazon first and if they don't allow an exchange I'll ask Universal how to contact Playback. Thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Arthur Ballsack to jman98:What are you talking about?
    Methinks jman98 saw your "Disc 1" and somehow has misunderstood that to mean "Region 1." Either that, or he's being his usual caustic, disparaging-of-lesser-mortals self . . . .
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!