VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all,

I'm using Video-to-Video software to convert/split all my .MOV raw files to .MPG4.
    In the software, I choose Youtube HD setting conversion.

Which free software can I use to convert the format suggested below so I can upload to Youtube faster?

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Handbrake, any of the ffmpeg based converters, and many others can export .mp4. But what makes you think your current process is unusually slow? What are the specs of the file Wondershare is exporting?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Faster? Aren't your upload speeds dependent on your Internet speeds and have nothing to do with your encoding practices? If you want faster uploads then make your videos smaller by using a lower bitrate.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I saw Youtube in 1080p of 5 minutes and its under 10MB.

Here is my conversion, the file size is ~100MB for ~1min clip.

1:04min clip, 1920x1080
    96.8MB
    29 frames/second
    Data rate: 12570kbps
    Quote Quote  
  5. You know, don't you, that YouTube reencodes everything?

But I'm not sure I'd take your word for it that a 5 minute long 1080p video on YouTube is under 10MB.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This one is about ~190MB for 10mins in 1080p. But for my clip 1:04min ~100MB already.

http://youtu.be/Um0NT5hVoJ0

10mins
    YouTube Video High Definition (1080p), size: 190 MB
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by kj1983 View Post
    This one is about ~190MB for 10mins in 1080p. But for my clip 1:04min ~100MB already.
    And your point is ... ?

Still waiting for that 5 minute 10MB 1080p YouTube video.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Video to video converter claims on their website you can manually set the bitrate. Lower it for a smaller file/faster upload.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!