VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm new around here and I didn't know where to fit this thread. Anyway, I have just donwloaded a mkv file and it came with a custom thumbnail on it, which annoys me because I like to keep my TV shows folders organized. I would like to know if there's a way I can remove that thumbnail or make the default one appear instead.

Name:  Capturar.PNG
Views: 14365
Size:  13.2 KB
    Quote Quote  
  2. If it's just cover art, you can use mkvtoolnix (mkvmerge) to remove the attachment, remux a new mkv. If it's actually encoded in the file as an intro you can split the file (mkvtoolnix as well)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Does it change the quality of the video?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Remuxing doesn't change the quality of the video . It's like taking the audio & video out of box and putting it into another box
    Quote Quote  
  5. Oh, nice. Well, thanks. It worked!
    Quote Quote  
  6. In case anyone else finds this from Google search like myself, after installing mkvtoolnix (mkvmerge), you can run this simple script to remove attachments.

https://virginsecurity.wordpress.com/2016/01/26/bulck-remove-art-cover-from-mkv-files/

Code:
    @ECHO OFF
    SET MKVPROEDIT="C:\mkvtoolnix-64bit-8.8.0\"
    SET /P PATH="Enter folder path: "
    IF EXIST %PATH:~1,-1%
    (
       FOR /F "tokens=*" %%i IN ('dir /B /S %PATH%"\*.mkv"') DO (
           ECHO [+] Processing File: "%%i"
           START /D %MKVPROEDIT% /B /W mkvpropedit.exe "%%i" --delete-attachment mime-type:image/jpeg
           ECHO.
       )
    )
    SET /P X="Press any key to continue.."
    @ECHO ON

Paste into notepad and save as a .bat file. You can then double click the .bat file and enter your folder path to remove attachments.

Note: I had to change line 2 with the path of where mkvoolnix was installed; in my case: C:\Program Files\MKVToolNix
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!