VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    racer-x: Thank's for the help! I've managed to reproduce the problem and it is not solved with the "-shortest" option. The problem is the "repeatlast" option for the overlay filter that needs to be set to 0. This is fixed in the next update

mycek: Adding an output path to presets would make the newly created output path in Batch make and the output path for jobs redundant and I see no reason for that. Having the ability to specify an output path 3 different places would really be confusing
    Quote Quote  
  2. Yey it is unnecessary.
    Another suggestion, ability to remember last used output folder in batch window for every single files (maybe with checkbox) .Because now you can set custom output folder only if you drag and drop at least two files.Custom output folder can not be set for single file drag&drop.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    V1.0.28 just uploadet. Changes are:

1) Added support for pixel format.
    2) Added support for aspect ratio.
    3) Fixed issue with infinite encoding when using watermark filter*.
    4) Fixed issue with FFQueue sometimes would not exit (no reaction to close button).
    5) Preset manager implemented - presets can now be managed from Options, Batch make & Job editor.
    6) Copy & Paste functions in Preset manager for easy sharing of presets.

*) You must edit the watermark filter in the preset and click OK to save filter and then save the preset for fix to work.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the update. I tried the watermark filter and it worked fine. Nice touch on the drop-down menu for pixel_format and aspect-ratio, easier than entering them manually in commandline.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    @TorBru

You could add a export/import option to the preset manager. Makes it possible to exchange presets or to add a submitted preset.

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    V1.0.29 just published with minor changes:

1) Preferred path & format (last used) is reused in both Batch make & Job editor.
    2) Copy & Paste presets now encoded for better sharing.
    3) Functions for arranging presets (move up/down & sort) in Preset manager.

mycek: New version supports that.

Chris K: Copy & Paste functions are intended to export / import since the copied presets can be pasted / posted in forums, mails, files and what not.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    ffqueue mirror added.

I would include the changes in a changelog.txt in the 7z file also. Or post the changes on your site.
    Quote Quote  
  8. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Besides, please include the file "Documentation.html" in the downloadable archive.

I know, Firefox does NOT include an OFF-LINE docu, Opera neither, and you should have already learned
    how stupid is to assume every computer is connected to the Internet "24x365.2422" -_-

Also, you cannot guarantee that your server will ALWAYS be up and "worldwidely"-reachable.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by TorBru View Post
    Chris K: Copy & Paste functions are intended to export / import since the copied presets can be pasted / posted in forums, mails, files and what not.
    I've seen that copy put it on the clipboard and that it can be saved in a file this way. Then as the recieving user, I could open that file in e.g. notepad and copy the content to the clipboard but I see no way to paste it as a new preset.

If you save a preset in a file with a dedicated FFQueue extension, another user could simply import it if you add that option. That was the idea!

But perhaps it isn't worth to go into the trouble. Exchange and user participation is something from the old days.

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Baldrick: Thanks! A changelog will be added to website at some point.

El Heggunte: Documentation.htm will be aded to archive as soon as new-feature-fase slows down.

Chris K: Please try to select the block below and copy it to you clipboard (ctrl+c or right click). Open FFQueue, go to Preset manager and click "Paste". Voilá - a preset inserted

WwBwAHIAZQBzAGUAdABdAA0ACgBpAGQAPQBMAGYASgBXAHgAaw
    BjAEIAQQBBAEQAMwBZAFEAQQBBAGsAegBnAEEAQQBBAD0APQAN
    AAoAbgBhAG0AZQA9AFQAaABpAHMAIABpAHMAIABhACAAdABlAH
    MAdAAgAHAAcgBlAHMAZQB0ACAAdABvACAAZABlAG0AbwBuAHMA
    dAByAGEAdABlACAAdABoAGUAIABwAGEAcwB0AGUAIABmAHUAbg
    BjAHQAaQBvAG4ADQAKAHYAaQBkAGUAbwBfAGMAbwBkAGUAYwA9
    AGwAaQBiAHgAMgA2ADQADQAKAHYAaQBkAGUAbwBfAHIAYQB0AG
    UAPQAxADAAMAAwACwAMQANAAoAZgByAGEAbQBlAF8AcgBhAHQA
    ZQA9AA0ACgB0AHcAbwBfAHAAYQBzAHMAPQAwAA0ACgB0AHcAbw
    BfAHAAYQBzAHMAXwBuAHUAbABsAD0AMAANAAoAYQB1AGQAaQBv
    AF8AYwBvAGQAZQBjAD0AYQBhAGMADQAKAGEAdQBkAGkAbwBfAH
    IAYQB0AGUAPQAxADIAOAAsADEADQAKAGEAdQBkAGkAbwBfAGMA
    aABhAG4AbgBlAGwAcwA9AA0ACgBhAHUAZABpAG8AXwByAGUAcw
    BhAG0AcABsAGUAPQANAAoAbQBlAHQAYQBkAGEAdABhAD0ADQAK
    AHAAaQB4AGUAbABfAGYAbQB0AD0ADQAKAGEAcwBwAGUAYwB0AF
    8AcgBhAHQAaQBvAD0ADQAKAGMAdQBzAHQAbwBtAF8AYQByAGcA
    cwA9AA0ACgBzAHUAYgB0AGkAdABsAGUAPQAwACwAMAAsADEAMA
    AwACwAMAAsADAALABjAG8AcAB5AA0ACgBmAG8AdQByAGMAYwA9
    ACwADQAKAA0ACgA=
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Chris K: Please try to select the block below and copy it to you clipboard (ctrl+c or right click). Open FFQueue, go to Preset manager and click "Paste". Voilá - a preset inserted
    OK, this is new to me. As far as I remember, the previous version copied it as a ini file like number of text lines to the clipboard?

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Chris K: In my post #66 I mentioned the change. The ini-style copy-paste was not suitable for forums 'n stuff
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Another problem encountered...
    Loaded *.ts file (of "BD profile-compliant" 720p60 MeGui/x264 2passVBR19Mbps-encoded video+LPCM 16/48/2 audio, muxed in TSmuxer) to be rewrapped into .MP4 container (already created an ffmpeg/ffqueue preset of "passthrough/copy").

This is what popped up immediately upon loading the file:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	FFQueue_wxWidgetsError.gif
Views:	257
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	26867

What up with dat?!

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Another problem encountered...
    Loaded *.ts file (of "BD profile-compliant" 720p60 MeGui/x264 2passVBR19Mbps-encoded video+LPCM 16/48/2 audio, muxed in TSmuxer) to be rewrapped into .MP4 container (already created an ffmpeg/ffqueue preset of "passthrough/copy").

This is what popped up immediately upon loading the file:

What up with dat?!

Scott
    Thaks for you bugreport!

Looks odd.. Is it reproducable, does it happen each time the file is loaded? Does it happen when the "Refresh" button (next to streams) is pressed for that file? Does it happen with other files (of similar type) or is it just that file?

I'll do what I can to fix it when I've got the time and a clue of what's wrong
    Quote Quote  
  15. TorBru ,thank you for ability to remember output folder.
    Some sugestions for future versions
    1)Ability to store logs in dedicated folder.For example Logs folder inside FFQueue main dir.
    2)Ability to define extension or container in job editor (mp4,mkv,avi,mp3,aac,flac)
    3)Button which change preset for a job(s) in main window or through right mouse button in drop down menu (when select one or multiple jobs).
    4)Preview function.
    5)Ability to add job in queue (drag&drop),when encoding another.
    6)Display elapsed time (not only remaining) and percentage in progress bar.
    7)Could you add .SUB (DVD-Subtitles) auto detection.
    Last edited by mycek; 15th Aug 2014 at 03:27.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mycek View Post
    TorBru ,thank you for ability to remember output folder.
    Some sugestions for future versions
    1)Ability to store logs in dedicated folder.For example Logs folder inside FFQueue main dir.
    2)Ability to define extension or container in job editor (mp4,mkv,avi,mp3,aac,flac)
    3)Button which change preset for a job(s) in main window or through right mouse button in drop down menu (when select one or multiple jobs).
    4)Preview function.
    5)Ability to add job in queue (drag&drop),when encoding another.
    6)Display elapsed time (not only remaining) and percentage in progress bar.
    7)Could you add .SUB (DVD-Subtitles) auto detection.
    1) Might be added in the future.
    2) Will not be added - output format is specified in the ouput file name.
    3) Nice idea! A menu item for editing the preset for the selected job will be available in the next version. Selecting multiple jobs and launch the preset editor for each jobs preset is defenately not going to happen - that would be a really annoying feature!
    4) I might implement a "Run ffmpeg for a minute and preview" function. FFPlay does not seem to support the complex filtergraphs handled by FFQueue.
    5) The queue is locked when active. I see no reason in changing this since the ability for modifying an active queue can cause a lot of problems that I do not want to deal with at this point in time.
    6) Next version will display elapsed time and estimated total time in a tool tip when hovering mouse over status bar. Same for percentage & progress bar.
    7) Also fixed in next version.

Next version will be available in a couple of days - more or less
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    V1.1.31 just published. Lots of improvements and support for creating thumbnails and mosaics. Please read the full change log on the download page

Feed back is most welcome!
    Quote Quote  
  18. First all, sorry my bad English.

I know to set width or height as -1, the scale filter will also use a value that maintains the aspect ratio of the input image.

But, if I want to specify the sar output and keep the aspect ratio, then I can't set width or height as -1, so I must to use the following methods.

Can you add these resize methods. thanks!

1. Loose

ScaleHeight = Trunc((CustomWidth * CustomPAR / InDAR) / Modulus + 0.5) * Modulus

For example:
    Width: 720, Height: Auto, PAR: ~1.0, Modulus: 8
    Code:
    scale='w=720:h=trunc((ow/dar)/8+0.5)*8'
    2. Fit to Width

ScaleHeight = Trunc((CustomWidth * CustomPAR / InDAR) / Modulus + 0.5) * Modulus

For example:
    Width: 720, Height: Auto, PAR: 40/33, Modulus: 8
    Code:
    scale='w=720:h=trunc((ow*40/33/dar)/8+0.5)*8',setsar='r=40/33'
    3. Fit to Height

ScaleWidth = Trunc((CustomHeight / CustomPAR * InDAR) / Modulus + 0.5) * Modulus

For example:
    Width: Auto, Height: 480, PAR: 40/33, Modulus: 16
    Code:
    scale='w=trunc((oh*33/40*dar)/16+0.5)*16:h=480',setsar='r=40/33'
    4. Fit to Both

ScaleWidth = Min(CustomWidth, Trunc((CustomHeight / CustomPAR * InDAR) / Modulus + 0.5) * Modulus)

ScaleHeight = Min(CustomHeight, Trunc((CustomWidth * CustomPAR / InDAR) / Modulus + 0.5) * Modulus)

For example:
    Width: 720, Height: 480, PAR: 40/33, Modulus: 2
    Code:
    scale='w=min(720,trunc((480*33/40*dar)/2+0.5)*2):h=min(480,trunc((720*40/33/dar)/2+0.5)*2)',setsar='r=40/33'
    And if I need "Full D1 (NTSC)", then
    Code:
    pad='w=720:h=480:x=(ow-iw)/2:y=(oh-ih)/2'
    Last edited by twkalvan; 21st Aug 2014 at 10:13.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by twkalvan View Post
    Can you add these resize methods. thanks!
    Perhaps an idea for TorBru to offer the option to add "named" user filters instead of only one single filter? That would allow experts to add anything they wish and give it a arbitrary chosen name.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Click image for larger version

Name:	æ“·å–.PNG
Views:	609
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	26994

burn a subtitles stream to video
    Code:
    Starting FFMpeg 08/21/14 23:38:31 with command: -hide_banner -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -filter_complex "[0:0]subtitles=D\\:\\\\input.mkv:si=3" -vcodec libx264 -acodec libfdk_aac -ac 2 "D:\output.mp4"

Invalid input file index: 0.

FFMpeg exited 08/21/14 23:38:31, running time 00:00:00.056
    Job completed irregularly - please check output above for detailed information!
    Last edited by twkalvan; 21st Aug 2014 at 12:11.
    Quote Quote  
  21. I hope that each stream can use different settings.

https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/How%20to%20use%20-map%20option
    Last edited by twkalvan; 21st Aug 2014 at 12:44.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    twkalvan: Than you for your feedback!

1) The advanced scale settings are what I would consider to be expert features - but you can still use them with FFQueue without any problems. The newly updated scale filter (Version 1.1.31) supports advanced inputs and you can simply enter your algorithms into the width and height fields since number validation has been ditched. You can also create a custom video filter (last item in the filter menu) and enter your scaling requirements that way. The setsar / setdar filters can also be integrated to the filter chain by using a custom video filter.

2) The mapping issue is defenately a funny little bug and I must really have been tired that day! It was introduced the day I cleaned up the command line - I might have cleaned it up a bit too much since the input file was cleansed also LOL! However, you can dodge this issue by entering the D:\input.mkv file in both #1 and #2 and then select the video and audio streams from #1 and the subtitles from #2 = problem solved. I will fix this issue for the next release, thanks again for the report of this issue!

Chris K: I'm not sure what you mean with named filters but as mentioned above the "problem" with the scaling requirements can be solved without new features using the custom filter feature which is intended for the support of advanced filters and / or unimplemented filters.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search PM
    Chris K: I'm not sure what you mean with named filters but as mentioned above the "problem" with the scaling requirements can be solved without new features using the custom filter feature which is intended for the support of advanced filters and / or unimplemented filters.
    I actually thought of the ability to add multiple user filters that could have a unique name. But since the filters, including the user filter, are part of a preset and creating presets is virtually unlimited, the user probably can already get what he wants by making creative use of the existing options.

BTW; The ability to change the order of the filters in the chain with the up down buttons is a very nice and useful feature.

Chris
    Last edited by Chris K; 21st Aug 2014 at 16:45. Reason: keys to buttons
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
    I actually thought of the ability to add multiple user filters that could have a unique name. But since the filters, including the user filter, are part of a preset and creating presets is virtually unlimited, the user probably can already get what he wants by making creative use of the existing options.

BTW; The ability to change the order of the filters in the chain with the up down buttons is a very nice and useful feature.

Chris
    I do not thing that "filter groups" are nescessary. You can emulate this behaviour with presets and just copy-paste when needed. The ability to move filters up and down (de-interlace excluded) is nescessary since new filters are always appended. But glad U like the feature

Version 1.1.33 has just been released: Bug with text subtitles making the input file vanish has been fixed, features for previewing filters & encoding has been added. View changelog and docs for details. Cheers!
    Quote Quote  
  25. I have some suggestions

1. Add VBR option (-qscale:v, -qscale:a) in the GUI.

2. Add video sync option (-vsync) in the GUI.

3. Can't enter "24000/1001" in textbox of the frame rate, please fix it.

4. I like the idea of Chris K.
    For example AVCHD Video, following is all use same encoding settings and different resolutions,
    so I think that, if we can save "filter groups" as "filters presets" that will be easy to use editing.

Code:
    AVCHD PARs
    ‧ Full HD / HD 1080
     - 1920x1080, PAR 1:1
    ‧ HD 1080
     - 1440x1080, PAR 4:3
    ‧ HD 720
     - 1280x720, PAR 1:1
    ‧ Full D1 NTSC 16:9
     - 720x480, PAR 40:33
    ‧ Full D1 NTSC 4:3
     - 720x480, PAR 10:11
    ‧ D1 NTSC 16:9
     - 704x480, PAR 40:33
    ‧ D1 NTSC 4:3
     - 704x480, PAR 10:11
    ‧ Full D1 PAL 16:9
     - 720x576, PAR 118:81
    ‧ Full D1 PAL 4:3
     - 720x576, PAR 59:54
    ‧ D1 PAL 16:9
     - 704x576, PAR 118:81
    ‧ D1 PAL 4:3
     - 704x576, PAR 59:54
    Last edited by twkalvan; 27th Aug 2014 at 03:12.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have some suggestions

1. Add VBR option (-qscale:v, -qscale:a) in the GUI.

2. Add video sync option (-vsync) in the GUI.

3. Can't enter "24000/1001" in combobox of the frame rate, please fix it.

4. I like the idea of Chris K.
    For example AVCHD Video, following is all use same encoding settings and different resolutions,
    so I think that, if we can save "filter groups" as "filters presets" that will be easy to use editing.
    Thank you for your suggestions!

1, 2 & 3) Will be available in next version. For 3 you can add the result of the division (floating point value ~23,976024) for now.

4) You can create a preset containing the filters you need and then copy-paste it and modify the scaling. I know that this would require all the copied presets to be re-copied for each change in the filter chain but for now I have no plans of creating filter groups since other features are of greater value to implement
    Quote Quote  
  27. I hope the GUI can do it, using different settings for each output stream.

For example, using different tab pages for setting each stream.

Like this:
    Name:  Screen-2014-08-29_19-31.png
Views: 2466
Size:  4.0 KB

Tab Page:
    1. Make a drop menu for selecting the input stream. (-map input_file_id:stream_specifier)
    2. Make a drop menu for selecting the format of the output stream. (-c:stream_specifier)
    3. Make some needed options.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Code:
    Stream #0:0[0x1011]: Video: h264
    Stream #0:1[0x1100]: Audio: truehd
    Stream #0:2[0x1100]: Audio: ac3
    Code:
    ffmpeg -i input.m2ts -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -map 0:2 -map 0:1 -c:0 libx264 -b:0 8000k -c:1 copy -c:2 copy -c:3 libfdk_aac -ac:3 2 -b:3 320k output.mkv
    Code:
    Stream mapping:
    Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (h264 (native) -> h264 (libx264))
    Stream #0:1 -> #0:1 (copy)
    Stream #0:2 -> #0:2 (copy)
    Stream #0:1 -> #0:3 (truehd (native) -> aac (libfdk_aac))
    https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/How%20to%20use%20-map%20option
    Last edited by twkalvan; 29th Aug 2014 at 09:42.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I hope the GUI can do it, using different settings for each output stream.

For example, using different tab pages for setting each stream.

Like this:
    [Attachment 27137 - Click to enlarge]

Tab Page:
    1. Make a drop menu for selecting the input stream. (-map input_file_id:stream_specifier)
    2. Make a drop menu for selecting the format of the output stream. (-c:stream_specifier)
    3. Make some needed options.
    It looks like the features for another GUI than FFQueue since the requested features would require a rewrite of FFQueue. You can emulate the behaviour by creating the individual streams using FFQ and then remux/remap all the streams using "copy" codec to your final file.

I've just released version 1.2.34 that includes some bug fixes and some new features like images to video, concat multiple files (audio/video) to one and such
    Quote Quote  
  29. Thank you very much for the update!

Can you please add more VBR options?
    I think user needed these options in most cases.
    ‧Ratefactor (VBR): -crf
    ‧Quantizer (VBR): -qp
    ‧VBR: -vbr

Have you a plan to support multi languages by ini-file?

By the way...
    You can recommend the ffmpeg to user
    from https://github.com/jb-alvarado/media-autobuild_suite
    I think it is better than Zeranoe builds.
    Last edited by twkalvan; 2nd Sep 2014 at 01:33.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Originally Posted by twkalvan View Post
    Thank you very much for the update!

Can you please add more VBR options?
    I think user needed these options in most cases.
    ‧Ratefactor (VBR): -crf
    ‧Quantizer (VBR): -qp
    ‧VBR: -vbr

Have you a plan to support multi languages by ini-file?

By the way...
    You can recommend the ffmpeg to user
    from https://github.com/jb-alvarado/media-autobuild_suite
    I think it is better than Zeranoe builds.
    I think CRF and qp are not needed.You can specify settings for x264 through command line arguments.It's piece of cake
    @TorBru thank you for preview option.It works good.With each version FFQueue becomes better and better.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!