VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So ive been ripping my dvds for years and now my blu-rays for years. I use AnydvdHD for my decryption. My method is to use BDInfo v0.5.8 to determine the playlist file then i use tsMuxeR GUI 2.6.12 to rip only the main movie main audio and subtitle. With the new version of tsMuxeR it has the iso option which i use as well...i havent really had any problems with ripping my collection however Im trying to rip The Lego Movie and it kept failing so I returned the disk for a new one and its still failing...

One weird thing it would do on my first one was during the failing it would cause my bd optical drive to no longer be recognized by my computer. so i went in and deleted upper and lower filters and rebooted and it would show up again like normal. With my new lego movie it hasnt made the drive disappear it just fails the rip...I dont know what other info to provide for this scenario...is there a log of some sort? thanks for your help
    Last edited by carlos28355; 31st Jul 2014 at 22:18. Reason: title change & mark as solved
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you upgraded to latest anydvdhd 7.5?

What exactly is happening? Can you just use anydvdhd to copy the movie to your hdd? as bdmv folder or iso? Then use tsmuxer.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Try extracting main movie with Clown_BD.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by carlos28355 View Post
    So ive been ripping my dvds for years and now my blu-rays for years. I use AnydvdHD for my decryption. My method is to use BDInfo v0.5.8 to determine the playlist file then i use tsMuxeR GUI 2.6.12 to rip only the main movie main audio and subtitle. With the new version of tsMuxeR it has the iso option which i use as well...i havent really had any problems with ripping my collection however Im trying to rip The Lego Movie and it kept failing so I returned the disk for a new one and its still failing...
    You're not using "rip" correctly for our needs. tsmuxer is not a ripper. You are apparently using it to convert your AnyDVD HD rips to another format. Look at our dictionary for the definition of "rip". If you want help, you'd be best served to use "rip" as we do and not the incorrect way it is commonly used. If you use it wrongly here, it may cause people to go down the wrong path and offer useless suggestions to you because they misunderstand what you really mean.

But to deal with your true issue about The Lego Movie, you'll just have to be patient and wait for an AnyDVD HD update that can handle it. Every major BluRay release cycle uses new copy protection methods that haven't been seen before and it takes a little time for AnyDVD HD to get updated to handle them.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    [/QUOTE]

You're not using "rip" correctly for our needs. tsmuxer is not a ripper. You are apparently using it to convert your AnyDVD HD rips to another format. Look at our dictionary for the definition of "rip". If you want help, you'd be best served to use "rip" as we do and not the incorrect way it is commonly used. If you use it wrongly here, it may cause people to go down the wrong path and offer useless suggestions to you because they misunderstand what you really mean.

Actually I always thought you could use tsmuxer as a ripper, I thought you just ripped the main movie and audio of your choice out of the DVD or Bluray after you already copied them to your hard drive without doing any conversion, Maybe I'm wrong again.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Have you upgraded to latest anydvdhd 7.5?

What exactly is happening? Can you just use anydvdhd to copy the movie to your hdd? as bdmv folder or iso? Then use tsmuxer.
    So what happens is it basically says it finishes but it doenst finish at 100%. I have tried using anydvd to rip to image on hdd then i did mount it and try to rip main movie but it only ripped about an hours worth. now i tried this on the one i took back but havent tried it on the new one yet. which i can and will do. I also have 7.5 as of last night and still failed at about 80%.

You're not using "rip" correctly
    from my understanding i thought i was "ripping" it its not like im changing it to an mkv or something. i keep all settings default i just choose the main movie/audio/subtitle. Do i lose any quality by using tsmuxer? is there a better way to do what im trying to do? I dont know what tsmuxer does if it doesnt rip the movie? cant find the term in the glossary...
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search PM
    Is this the 3D version, by any chance?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by gonca View Post
    Is this the 3D version, by any chance?
    It is not the 3d version

Use MakeMKV and remux it in tsMuxer.
    I dont want to do MKV files (i know may be irrational but i just want the blu-ray folder structer into iso) when you say remux it does that mean it takes it from mkv to the folder structure? Tried looking up remuxing in glossary lol but didnt find it. by the way i found rip in the glossary. also Clown_BD failed as well...
    Quote Quote  
  9. Yes. It takes it from the the MKV. You choose the streams when you start MakeMV. Have tsMuxer create the BD file/folder structure.
    MKV files from MakeMKV are lossless. You wont lose any quality.
    Last edited by transporterfan; 31st Jul 2014 at 21:30.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by transporterfan View Post
    Yes. It takes it from the the MKV. You choose the streams when you start MakeMV. Have tsMuxer create the or BD file/folder structure.
    MKV files from MakeMKV are lossless. You wont lose any quality.
    ill give it a try. thanks going to play around with it and see if i cant figure it all out...im not the sharpest bulb in the drawer...
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well using MakeMKV and tsMuxer sure did work. It was a couple more steps and longer but it worked non the less...thank you very much @transporterfan and everyone else
    Quote Quote  
  12. Glad you got there in the end.

Edit: It was probably a new protection method on the disc.
    Keep updating your AnyDVD. Slysoft always seem to crack them. Eventually...
    Last edited by transporterfan; 31st Jul 2014 at 22:33.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yeah i thought that could be a possibility ..then went to the beta and soon after i installed the beta 7.5 came out and still didnt work. the weird thing was that whatever happened it completely removed my optical drive from my computer
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!