VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi!

I'm tring to encode a mkv video file 1280x1024 (4:3) with ~200MB file size to a mp4 704x528 (4:3) with 60MB file size.
    The encode is nice, the quality is good.
    The only problem is that the music starts, and the video "delay" about 3 secs to start. It is only a image, and after ~3secs the video start to play.

The audio sync is perfect with video. Only the beginning that the video like its "freeze".

My encoding settings:

Code:
    cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=hex / subme=7 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=12 / lookahead_threads=2 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=240 / keyint_min=23 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=2pass / mbtree=1 / bitrate=296 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / vbv_maxrate=62500 / vbv_bufsize=78125 / nal_hrd=none / filler=0 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
    I had encoded more than 3 times, all with the same "bug"

What i did wrong? How to fix it, please?

Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  2. Does original play ok? Is megui preview ok before you encode ?

How are you determining this ? What player software or hardware ? Have you tried another player e.g. mpchc , vlc, smplayer, potplayer ?

Post the megui log file
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Does original play ok? Is megui preview ok before you encode ?
    Yes and no.
    Megui preview before encode starts at frame 56 o.O Its the same when the video starts to play.
    But why??? o.OO How to fix it??

Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    How are you determining this ? What player software or hardware ? Have you tried another player e.g. mpchc , vlc, smplayer, potplayer ?
    Only tested in MPC-HC Nightly (64-bits) version 1.7.6.102 (4823123).
    Hardware:
    i7-3770K @ 3.50Ghz 16GB DDR3 1600 and Win 7 Ultimate 64-bits.[/quote]

Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Post the megui log file
    Attached!

Thank you!!!
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  4. Generally the video only starts with a "paused" frame if there's a video delay (relative to the audio). Most players seem to display the first frame for the duration of the video delay. Only thing is, I'm not sure if MeGUI would ever apply a video delay to the output file. Whatever it's doing though, it seems to be doing something right to keep the video and audio in sync.

I guess the same could be happening while decoding the original video when encoding.... the first frame is being repeated for the duration of the video delay.

It seems you're using the OneClick encoder (I never use it myself) and deciphering OneClick log files isn't something I've mastered, but it seems the video is being decoded via DirectShow. I'm not sure why. It's usually a "last resort" method, although I'm not sure if it'd be the cause of the problem.

It might pay to post a full MediaInfo report of both the input and output files (use View/Text or View/HTML mode). Or upload a couple of small samples of each. You can split the original MKV with MKVMergeGUI.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yes, likely problem is decoding the source - since preview shows the problem even before encoding

Not sure if OneClick is able to , but Instead of DirectShow, can you configure it to use FFMS2 or L-smash ? If not, then use the file indexer with FFMS2 or L-smash instead, and check the preview
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Yes, likely problem is decoding the source - since preview shows the problem even before encoding

Not sure if OneClick is able to , but Instead of DirectShow, can you configure it to use FFMS2 or L-smash ? If not, then use the file indexer with FFMS2 or L-smash instead, and check the preview
    I changed to FFMS2 and the preview don't freezes on beginning xD I'm encoding now and will post the result here!

Very thankz for you help
    Last edited by diegobh; 31st Jul 2014 at 19:26.
    Quote Quote  
  7. o.O Now its ok!

Its very nice ffms2, the encode is too fast.

The quality is very good, so i think is ok.

here my avs:

LoadPlugin("G:\Megui\tools\ffms\ffms2.dll")
    ffvideosource("F:\Animes\[Silex-Fansubs]_H2_01_[DVD_1024x768][AEC6505D].mkv")
    ConvertToYV12()
    #deinterlace
    #crop
    LanczosResize(704,528) # Lanczos (Sharp)
    #denoise
    And my encodding settings:
    cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=hex / subme=7 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=12 / lookahead_threads=2 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=240 / keyint_min=23 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=2pass / mbtree=1 / bitrate=296 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / vbv_maxrate=62500 / vbv_bufsize=78125 / nal_hrd=none / filler=0 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
    Do you suggest me some plugin or anithing to increses quality? Or this is ok?

Thank you!!!
    Last edited by diegobh; 31st Jul 2014 at 19:57.
    Quote Quote  
  8. 296 kbps isn't very much bitrate for 704x528, If you want more quality, increase the bitrate (and filesize)

Since it's anime fansub ? I would use more b-frames . You can see from your previous log file significant strings, use 3 b-frames
    ---[Information] [sáb, 19, 07, 2014 22:53:28] x264 [info]: consecutive B-frames: 12.2% 16.9% 14.3% 56.6%
    You can use slower presets to slightly improve encoding effciency

It might benefit from some light filtering to improve compression. Hard to guess without seeing it.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    296 kbps isn't very much bitrate for 704x528, If you want more quality, increase the bitrate (and filesize)

Since it's anime fansub ? I would use more b-frames . You can see from your previous log file significant strings, use 3 b-frames
    ---[Information] [sáb, 19, 07, 2014 22:53:28] x264 [info]: consecutive B-frames: 12.2% 16.9% 14.3% 56.6%
    You can use slower presets to slightly improve encoding effciency

It might benefit from some light filtering to improve compression. Hard to guess without seeing it.
    Yes, it is.

This settings is for a low-file-size, so i think bitrate is ok. The 720p uses 1042 kbps ^^

I'm already using 3 b-frames. Its not shows on encode settings, but only four+ b-frames that the option --bframes 4 shows. I put 3.

I don't care about time to encoding, if have a conf that make the encoder better without increases file size ill be greatfull accept

Tell me where i've to change configs on megui and ill change it!

And thank you for your help ^^
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by diegobh View Post
    This settings is for a low-file-size, so i think bitrate is ok. The 720p uses 1042 kbps
    That doesn't mean much. I have encodes of animated video at 640x480 with bitrates around 1000kbps.

Originally Posted by diegobh View Post
    I don't care about time to encoding, if have a conf that make the encoder better without increases file size ill be greatfull accept
    Try the animation tuning in MeGUI's x264 encoder configuration, along with a slower x264 speed preset. I don't know if it'll necessarily output a noticeable quality difference as I never encode while selecting a bitrate myself, only a CRF value (quality), but at low bitrates it'll probably help. The animation tuning will automatically increase the number of reference and B frames and makes changes to the deblock and psy defaults.

The x264 "slow" speed preset along with the animation tuning looks something like this (high profile, level 4.1 and single pass encoding in this case).

cabac=1 / ref=10 / deblock=1:1:1 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=umh / subme=8 / psy=1 / psy_rd=0.40:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=6 / lookahead_threads=1 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=5 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=240 / keyint_min=23 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=50 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=20.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / vbv_maxrate=62500 / vbv_bufsize=78125 / crf_max=0.0 / nal_hrd=none / filler=0 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:0.60
    The commandline in the x264 encoder configuration just looks like this:

program --level 4.1 --preset slow --tune animation --crf 20.0 --vbv-bufsize 78125 --vbv-maxrate 62500 --output "output" "input"
    Last edited by hello_hello; 1st Aug 2014 at 00:56.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I'm at work now, but ill try it later! Thank you!

One question is in megui's pressets, i config it to Automated 2 pass. But when I start a encode, it happens only 1 pass.

Did i made something wrong? Its happens on FFMS2 but not on DirectShowSource.

Could i made some wrong configuration? Or have i to change another thing?

Thank you!!!
    Quote Quote  
  12. Where did you configure it for automated 2 pass? The x264 encoder configuration?
    How to you add the encoding job to the queue?
    Quote Quote  
  13. I did at MeGUI, but sry i was wrong. Its doing 2 pass. So 1st pass is too fast lol

Thank you four your help and tips ^^

And have a easy way to change between 8 and 10bits on MeGUI? Or i have to rename the x264's .exes ?
    Quote Quote  
  14. o/ very easy thank you!!!

And i think that the last one kkkkkkkk

How could I encode audio 5.1 and 7.1 channels True-HD?

I use now NeroAAC, but i think that only for stereo audios...
    Quote Quote  
  15. I use NeroAAC for re-encoding 5.1ch audio. Just set the "output channels" in the audio encoder configuration to "keep original channels". Or select NeroAAC, open the audio encoder configuration and load the default settings.

As far as I know 7.1ch audio would be fine, but I'm not sure I've ever re-encoded any.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!