VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Searching for knowledge. trodas's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    For years, I had no problemo opening and playing a MKV and MP4 files using the Haali Matroska Splitter + FFDshow decoder.

Sadly on x64 Win 7 Ultimate that filter is NOT working anymore (or perhaps the playback is wrong?), so I searched for alternatives.

For example these Gabest’s Matroska Splitter files:
    http://www.hack7mc.com/2009/02/mkvs-for-minimalists-on-windows-7.html

Or getting the latest Haali Media Splitter - 20/05/2010 2010-05-20
    http://www.matroska.org/downloads/windows.html

Sadly, absolutely nothing worked.

MatroskaDiag show that NOTHING is installed using these Haali trusty, great working splitters Using these new Gabest's it report:

Matroska Splitter : Gabest's Matroska Splitter
    Installed : yes, in D:\Install\Win7 MKV\MatroskaSplitterx86.ax (1.0.3.1)
    Can be created : yes
    Matroska Splitter : Haali's Matroska Splitter
    Installed : no
    Can be created : no
    RenderFile with DirectShow : OK
    But once again it fail to work. MP4 files it won't play at all, and the MKV files plays only audio, video get updated only when I move the window of BSplayer. Weird. Suuuuux big time

So I tried the LAV filters 0.62 and get similar result. MP4 no go, MKV no go. Nothing worked. Of course I have every the filetypes selected correctly.

Of course all other videos like avi, wmv, mpg (but not asf, surprisigly it need seeking to play and it still stall at start) are working fine. FFDshow used to decode them.

What I coudl possibly doing wrong?!
    "I believe that all the people who stand to profit by a war and who help provoke it should be shot on the first day it starts..." - Hemingway :) my config
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by trodas View Post
    For years, I had no problemo opening and playing a MKV and MP4 files using the Haali Matroska Splitter + FFDshow decoder.

Sadly on x64 Win 7 Ultimate that filter is NOT working anymore (or perhaps the playback is wrong?), so I searched for alternatives.

For example these Gabest’s Matroska Splitter files:
    http://www.hack7mc.com/2009/02/mkvs-for-minimalists-on-windows-7.html

Or getting the latest Haali Media Splitter - 20/05/2010 2010-05-20
    http://www.matroska.org/downloads/windows.html

Sadly, absolutely nothing worked.

MatroskaDiag show that NOTHING is installed using these Haali trusty, great working splitters Using these new Gabest's it report:

Matroska Splitter : Gabest's Matroska Splitter
    Installed : yes, in D:\Install\Win7 MKV\MatroskaSplitterx86.ax (1.0.3.1)
    Can be created : yes
    Matroska Splitter : Haali's Matroska Splitter
    Installed : no
    Can be created : no
    RenderFile with DirectShow : OK
    But once again it fail to work. MP4 files it won't play at all, and the MKV files plays only audio, video get updated only when I move the window of BSplayer. Weird. Suuuuux big time

So I tried the LAV filters 0.62 and get similar result. MP4 no go, MKV no go. Nothing worked. Of course I have every the filetypes selected correctly.

Of course all other videos like avi, wmv, mpg (but not asf, surprisigly it need seeking to play and it still stall at start) are working fine. FFDshow used to decode them.

What I coudl possibly doing wrong?!
    Um, the 'latest' haali media splitter came out in 2013...

Maybe you should download it here rather than the Matroska Website.

-Edit- I've used Shark007 on Windows 7/8.1 which includes Haali, although doesn't activate it by default, and never had problems.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Searching for knowledge. trodas's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Got it, but same crap as before. Not playing MP4 at all and for the MKV it update the video ONLY when the play window moved on the screen...

Damn, damn, damn!

Not one of the older Media Player Classic does work AT ALL. (v6.4.9.0 and v6.4.7.5)
    "I believe that all the people who stand to profit by a war and who help provoke it should be shot on the first day it starts..." - Hemingway :) my config
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think it can be a conflict and a bad combination between 32bit and 64bit version of each filters installed in your system? Try the latest version of MPC-HC 64bit instead and check the options for filters and parsers : don't make it default player, just throw your files in and see if it plays.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Searching for knowledge. trodas's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Aaaargh! I could not mix x32/x64 filters! OMG... My bad then. I realized that with VirtualDub - even I use x32 version, I cannot open any video, even FFDshow VFW was properly configured.

Well, good news is, that the new version of the Haali MKV/MP4 splitter:
    https://www.videohelp.com/tools/Haali-Media-Splitter
    ...works perfectly. Things started to work, when I chage the BSplayer settings for output from "Internal renderer overlay (default)" to "Overlay mixer."

Now almost everything play well, except two problems:
    - The Matrix series MKV files (all there) show like a 10 pixels high dark pink space at bottom of the overlay window, visible on fullscreen too.

This happen only for these files, all other hi-res MKV / MP4 files do play w/o this dark pink stuff. I absolutely did not understand WTF is going on. Anybody ever heard about it?!

- few very old and quite kinky ASF files do not play correctly. They need seek to actually start playing. 3 from 7 files. Weird. These files use the cursed 0x0161 audio - eg. WMA v2 and it looks like that I cannot get a x64 filter for it anywhere to reencode this stuff and see, if the audio change helps.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can mix 32 bit (aka x86) and 64 bit (aka x64) filters and codecs but as you said, 32 bit applications "won't see" and can't use 64 bit filters and vice versa. Another thread for VirtualDub and FFDShow : install both 32 bit version, in the FFDShow VFW config and Decoder tab -> tick what codec you want to use with VirtualDub.

Well, good news is, that the new version of the Haali MKV/MP4 splitter:
    https://www.videohelp.com/tools/Haali-Media-Splitter
    ...works perfectly. Things started to work, when I chage the BSplayer settings for output from "Internal renderer overlay (default)" to "Overlay mixer."
    I don't use BSplayer so IDK if there a way to select "Windows EVR" render because it may be better with that OS. Also letting Windows filters (DirectShow DMO) for its proprietary formats asf or wmv works best most times.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Searching for knowledge. trodas's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    There is no need to install both x32/64 versions. Just to have a x64 0x0161 audio filter (WMA v2) will fix all these problems, but I did reencode the audio and save the result as avi and no problemo with ASF anymore.

The Matrix dark pink lane bug stays, tough. Very flustrating.

No, no Windows EVR option present. This is older BSplayer v1.41, so... no Windows EVR
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by trodas View Post
    Now almost everything play well, except two problems:
    - The Matrix series MKV files (all there) show like a 10 pixels high dark pink space at bottom of the overlay window, visible on fullscreen too.
    Is it 10 pixels or maybe 8? Is it 1080p? 1080 doesn't divide cleanly by 16 so is encoded as 1088, the extra 8 pixels on the bottom are cropped at playback... There could be something off with the cropping process for those videos.
    Last edited by ndjamena; 3rd Aug 2014 at 11:41.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Searching for knowledge. trodas's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    No no no, it is a 1280 x 532 pixels MKV rip. The latest BSplayer worked w/o this 8 or 10 pixels ughly pink lane, but there are other problems for what I would like to avoid using the latest BSplayer. Too buggy.
    Things that are never failing in v1.41 are completely broken in v2.67 Subtitles are handled weird and even disabling the new subtitles renderer does not help : ( So I seeking a ways to run old working BSplayer w/o this pink thing...
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    532 doesn't divide cleanly by 16 either.

532/16 = 33.25

which would leave 12 pixels needing to be cropped from the bottom of the h264 stream...
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!