VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey guys,

im searching a way to cut Videos without Re-Encode. What i want: Load a video in a Program, set several cut marks or areas and it should cut the Video at this points in parts, all without Re-Encode. AVI Demux works nice with different file types and without Re-Encode but i can only set one cut area and must save it.

For example i have a Video with 50 minutes, i wanna set cut areas or points from 5 min to 10 min, from 14 min - 17 min, from 31 - 34 min and it should save this areas. I hope you know what i mean.

thx for help
    Last edited by al2o91; 30th Jul 2014 at 17:00.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You are not using avidemux correctly.

Use the A/B markers to indicate what you want to cut out and then select 'Cut' from the edit window.

You can repeat that as many times as you like before you save your video.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hey thanks but no i don't wanna cut scenes out from the video, i wanna select several scenes in a video and save them separately at once. Other way could be select area save to batch queue, select area and save to batch queue and so on.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AFAIK, only software that does that are "Batch encoders" (not strictly editors, but usually have top+tail clip editing capability). Most are $$.

Scott
    "When will the rhetorical questions end?!" - George Carlin
    Quote Quote  
  5. http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/354976-How-to-cut-any-video-with-the-free-Video-to-...ideo-Converter

Cuts on keyframes only. Most formats catered for. Creates a cut list and saves as sections to a folder of your choice. Lossless.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by al2o91 View Post
    Other way could be select area save to batch queue, select area and save to batch queue and so on.

did you try avidemux's queue and joblist ?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by transporterfan View Post
    http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/354976-How-to-cut-any-video-with-the-free-Video-to-...ideo-Converter

Cuts on keyframes only. Most formats catered for. Creates a cut list and saves as sections to a folder of your choice. Lossless.
    Works good but select area with mouse is little bit difficult. Can't use arrow left/right key on keyboard to forwards/backwards on next frame... or is there another keys for this?

@ poisondeathray Yes i saw this option and tried it but when i go on save queue it asks me everytime after job name and save location. Is this normal or i make something wrong?
    Last edited by al2o91; 31st Jul 2014 at 05:59.
    Quote Quote  
  8. oops sorry double post
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by al2o91 View Post

@ poisondeathray Yes i saw this option and tried it but when i go on save queue it asks me everytime after job name and save location. Is this normal or i make something wrong?

Actually I don't know, I haven't really used it

If I have multiple sections , I typically use solveigmm video splitter which can do what you want. It also can cut frame accurately instead of at GOP boundaries (smart rendering) , but it's not free
    Quote Quote  
  10. Thanks. Another Question: How can i remove from several videos the first 10 seconds without re-encode?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can't cut without re encoding unless you cut on a key frame AFAIK. And many encoders won't do the re encoding involved at all, which gives you a horrible messy cut. Or they only do it with certain formats. Eg. avidemux only does smart cutting with mpeg4 visual.
    Quote Quote