VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Thanks whoever this site is called videohelp, because that's what I need. Im' puzzled:

Today I seat to watch the last dvd r I burnt and was shocked to see that three times during the first 30 minutes of the movie include sections of a dvd-r I'd burnt the some days before (not exactly the previous one, I burnt another in between.

Thing goes like this: 1. The screen goes like broken frames (only an instant) and then for about 5 seconds another movie shows on screen, both audio and viedo.

Friends this is no complaint I commeting because I thought you experts could be interested. Has anything like this happened to you before.

PS The movie which interferes is called Le Streghe (The Witches)
    Quote Quote  
  2. Where'd the copy of the movie you burned come from? What type of file(s)?

That's the sort of thing which can sometimes happen when you download video with a torrent program. The program may allocate space on the hard drive for the entire video, space which might have contained a previous video that has since been deleted. If you try to play the downloaded file before it's completely finished downloading, sometimes you can get bits of the old video.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi hello-hello, that must be it! Both of them were dvd-r from torrent. My guess wass that as I had left both dvds one on top of the other overnight perhaps sexual intercourse had taken place. Thanks for the advice: I'll never try to play the video before finishing downloading. Anyway if in nine months time I find a baby dvd, I'll let you know!

So as to avoid this in the future, is it enough not to play the files before it finishes downloading or should I take some more precautions? Like not downloading twice to the same folder. Now that I remember, by mistake I started downloading the files to a pendrive and when I noticed it I changed the download location to the hard drive.

Sorry for posting a new thread for such a silly mistake on my behalf but I really didn't know about this. Thanks once more.
    Last edited by Cristina Borello; 30th Jul 2014 at 09:52. Reason: Mispelling
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!