VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I just downloaded a file that has a size of 1908x1080. Has anyone ever encountered this? Is there any way around re-encoding it? Like...some sort of dvdpatcher for blu-ray?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    If you use tsmuxer I think you can click on the video before muxing and give it whatever value you want. I think. No guarantees but you can try it easily enough as it's free.

I don't know much about 1908x1080 but I found something that suggests that iTunes uses it. Why? I have no idea.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Unfortunately TSmuxer doesn't let you screw with the size. It only lets you mess with fps.

Here's something odd, though: when I tried authoring with multiavchd, I got the red bar of death around it. I decided to just author it with tsmuxer to see what would happen. Well, my PS3 plays it perfectly. However, I'd much rather use Multiavchd to make menus and chapters and whatknot. Any idea why it wouldn't be accepted by one but when authored with tsmuxer, it plays fine?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I have personally found multiAVCHD to be such a bitch to get working that I've just said "Screw it" and I'm not interested in spending any more time on it, even if I could get it working.

tsmuxer doesn't enforce full BD compliance. This is good and bad. If you have a player that does enforce full compliance, you'll run into problems. If your player is a bit flexible, like to my surprise your PS3, then it works fine.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I've never had a problem authoring out of spec blu-rays with multiavchd even with the red borders showing,it's just a warning,i don't author blu-rays anymore,i just either stream mkv or burn them as data.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    I've never had a problem authoring out of spec blu-rays with multiavchd even with the red borders showing,it's just a warning,i don't author blu-rays anymore,i just either stream mkv or burn them as data.
    Is there a program that people prefer now that doesn't re-encode that is also more lax on its authoring?
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Did you try to author with multiavchd even though it showed red borders or did it give you an error or or just wouldn't accept the file?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    Did you try to author with multiavchd even though it showed red borders or did it give you an error or or just wouldn't accept the file?
    Believe it or not, I never would have tried had you not asked me that question. I just tried it and it did, indeed, author the disc anyway! That's crazy!

Thank you for suggesting! I wonder why it did it...
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The only issue you will get with authoring out of spec files is if there is too of high r-frames such as 8 or the resolution is 1920x800 you will have lots of artifacting with high r-frames and with videos with such as 1920x800 you will get out of proportion video displayed such the screen being filled where as it should have borders.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    The only issue you will get with authoring out of spec files is if there is too of high r-frames such as 8 or the resolution is 1920x800 you will have lots of artifacting with high r-frames and with videos with such as 1920x800 you will get out of proportion video displayed such the screen being filled where as it should have borders.
    And...in my case...?
    Quote Quote  
  11. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The video in your case isn't too far out of spec so it will play with no issues.I found with older blu-ray players that having a high r-frame didn't matter but the newer ones(2011 +)have major artifacting.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    The video in your case isn't too far out of spec so it will play with no issues.I found with older blu-ray players that having a high r-frame didn't matter but the newer ones(2011 +)have major artifacting.
    Thank you very much for your help
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!