VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Terminal n00b
    Search Comp PM
    Is there a way to customize the DVD volume name coming from an RDR-VX560? Currently it's "SONY_DVD_RECORDER_VOLUME".
    Common sense isn't.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you rip that dvd back to your HDD and then burn that rip to another dvd with imgburn you can enter any volume label you like.

But you can not edit the original since it is already burnt in to the disk sectors.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Go to the sony site for the manual,it decribes how to change the name of the title before you record.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Terminal n00b
    Search Comp PM
    The string "SONY_DVD_RECORDER_VOLUME" is the volume name, not a chapter title. DB83's right, the only certain way to get the desired volume is to re-burn the DVD. Sure would be nice to output to something volatile like an HDD or big USB stick... and I'd like free beer with that, too.
    Common sense isn't.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What i mentioned was the title of the disc,not chapter,did you even read the manual?
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Terminal n00b
    Search Comp PM
    Um, yes, as a matter of fact, I did (and continue to) read the manual. I'll re-check the title section but everything I've seen says this won't re-name the Volume ID: "SONY_DVD_RECORDER_VOLUME".
    Common sense isn't.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The re-titling offered by recorders is usually just that - a renaming of the recorded title from something like 'recording_DDMMYY_HHMM' to something more usefull. That is done before the disk is finalised. I do not think the Volume label is troubled by that.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Terminal n00b
    Search Comp PM
    Yep, fiddling with the title options offered via the System Menu allows listing, for example, a movie name in the menu shown at startup, but the disk's volume ID (reported by the OS, Win7 in my case) remains "SONY_DVD_RECORDER_VOLUME".

Ah, well, eventually the disks' content will wind up on an HDD; the issue goes away at that point.
    Common sense isn't.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!