VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

We need a highly skilled expert with ffmpeg to help us out.

We are receiving an 8 mbs stream and need to re-encode to 250kb, 750kb, 1.5mb, 3 mb streams using ffmpeg. We have someone doing it internally but the streams seem to be unstable.

We need someone that is very good to configure the streams for high quality and high stability.

Please can anyone help us?

We are willing to pay for help with this.

Thanks.

Bob
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Unstable? How???
    Quote Quote  
  3. There are

1. Artifacts
    2. Video pauses alot
    3. Video becomes jittery sometimes

Bob
    Quote Quote  
  4. typical questions:
    • How do you plan to stream the content once it's encoded? (depending on the streaming solution, there might be additional restrictions)
    • What type of content do you plan to stream? (is it progressive, interlaced, telecine, does it need filtering)
    • What formats do you plan to offer? (Audio/Video formats are normally restricted by a. target devices, b. browser compatibility c. support by the chosen streaming solution)

but the streams seem to be unstable.
    What do you understand under 'unstable'?

1. Artifacts
    2. Video pauses alot
    3. Video becomes jittery sometimes
    a. use lower resolutions and or better filtering
    b. adjust the vbv settings you use for encoding
    c. jittery can have lots of causes (player compatibility, wrong filtering,..)
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  5. Selur,

Here are answers.

Please note, I don't have the capacity to do the ffmpeg changes myself. I'm looking to hire someone from this forum to do this for me.

So i'm hoping that if someone is interested in taking up this project we can talk further or if someone can recommend an expert to help me than that would be great.

How do you plan to stream the content once it's encoded? (depending on the streaming solution, there might be additional restrictions)

We have our own servers that stream the content.

What type of content do you plan to stream? (is it progressive, interlaced, telecine, does it need filtering)

I'm not sure, we are streaming live television 24/7/365.

What formats do you plan to offer? (Audio/Video formats are normally restricted by a. target devices, b. browser compatibility c. support by the chosen streaming solution)

Not sure what a format is, but we are doing HLS. Target is to pc's and IOS/Android mobile devices.

Thanks.

Bob
    Quote Quote  
  6. we are streaming live television
    You might have to setup different configurations depending on the input channels.
    (at least here in Germany some channels are broadcasted interlaced and others are progressive, some are broadcasted @25fps others come @50fps)

Target is to pc's and IOS/Android mobile devices.
    Okay, so I assume the target audio&video formats are H.264&AAC. -> You might want to check the MPEG-4 license costs&restrictions (http://www.mpegla.com/main/programs/avc/Documents/avcweb.pdf), if you are not offering the streams for free.

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
  7. Selur,

Awesome. Yeah this is the type of things that we need to find out and I'm hoping that the 'consultant' would help us find these out. Correct we may need different settings depending on the channel.

Would you be able to recommend someone? You seem very knowledgeable in this area. Would this be something that you would consider helping us on?

Thanks.

Bob
    Quote Quote  
  8. Yes, I know my way around setting up a streaming platform (consulted on a few projects), but I simply don't have the time for another project (at least not before November), but if you have specific questions I might be able to help by answering them here.

Since you mentioned you already have someone who is doing the conversion internally, but who has some problems with artifacts&co it might be a good idea if that person would post here looking for help.

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
  9. Cu,

Unfornately the person we have working on this speaks English not so well and has spent 7 months on this already. So I can't rely on him at the moment.

November time frame is quite a push for us and we can't wait that long.

Would you happen to recommend someone else from this forum that you can trust to do a good job?

Thanks.

Bob
    Quote Quote  
  10. Cu = see you, that's not my name

Would you happen to recommend someone else from this forum that you can trust to do a good job?
    Sorry, no clue what the other folks in this forum do.
    Personally I would probably post in the ffmpeg developer mailing list and ask if there's someone interested.
    (I know that Fiona Glaser did consultant jobs a while back, but I'm not sure if she is still doing that. Side note: Don't get confused DarkShakiri, Jason Garrett-Glaser, Fiona Glaser are all the same person.)
    Quote Quote  
  11. could you direct me to anyone capable or experienced with c++ and mpeg. 4 files?
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!