VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. When I use Santiag() in my script it brightens the overall image and colors slightly. You can kind of see a white film or brighter looking image over the picture and colors when using it.

Is there a parameter or setting that will keep that form happening?

Is there a reason its happening?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I don't see that here. I verified with a levels chart that Santiag doesn't cause a levels change.

Code:
    AviSource("levels.avi") 
    Interleave(last, Santiag())
    ConvertToYUY2().VideoScope()
    What does your script look like?

<edit>

I also just checked with ColorBars() and viewing the U and V channels. No changes to overall color saturation there either.

</edit>
    Last edited by jagabo; 27th Jul 2014 at 18:06.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by killerteengohan View Post
    When I use Santiag() in my script it brightens the overall image and colors slightly. You can kind of see a white film or brighter looking image over the picture and colors when using it.

Is there a parameter or setting that will keep that form happening?

Is there a reason its happening?

Because it's an antialiasing function, It's going to depend on the type of content and amount of fine details and lines in your source. No fine lines, or details => no change. Lots of fine lines => lots of change

It's going to happen to some extent with any AA function. The stronger the AA , the more the effect. The more lines & fine details , the more the effects

You can try adjusting for it by using levels, tweak, etc.. but it's probably going to mess other things up because you'd have to adjust it dependent on the content and amount of detail
    Quote Quote  
  4. Extreme example to illustrate

santiag()
    coloryuv(analyze=true)

a: lots of fine lines
    Click image for larger version

Name:	a fine lines.png
Views:	425
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	26617

b: lots of fine lines + santiag

Name:	b fine lines santiag.png
Views:	404
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	26618

c: no lines

Name:	c no details.png
Views:	465
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	26619

d: no lines + santiag

Name:	c no details.png
Views:	465
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	26619

e: lots of fine lines + santiag(2,2)

Name:	e fine lines santiag(2,2).png
Views:	423
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	26620

Basically the more the fine details, the sharper your content, the more fine lines, the stronger the AA function, the stronger the effect
    Quote Quote  
  5. Those are local changes not overall changes. You've just assured that the entire frame is filled with those localized changes. I doubt that's the OP's problem. He probably has an incorrect colorspace change somewhere.
    Last edited by jagabo; 27th Jul 2014 at 19:09.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!