VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi guys,

I hope someone can give me a hand solving this problem:

I used EAC to rip a CD-Audio (Uncompressed image + Cue file), the last song is actually made of two songs with a long silence in between (I think it's called a "ghost track"), EAC sees them as a single track.
    - Is there a way to have two separate tracks in the .cue file?
    - Would burning a CD using the .cue file in wich the last track is "invisible" output a disc including the ghost track too?
    Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    #1 - yes, use a text editor (or better, cuemaster, cdrcue, and other good cuesheet-specific editors) and add a Track (or Index if you prefer it that way) # to the end, using the time at which the "ghost track" starts. May have to try a few times to get that right
    #2 - If using the ORIGINAL cue (and bin/wav/iso) file, yes, it would include the "ghost track" (SHOULD - if the app+burner are doing proper DAO cue-sheet burning)

Understand that a track designed in this manner isn't REALLY a separate track at all except in your mind, just a continuation of the previous track with a gap of silence in-between. The difference would be whether the Track# increments or not. I've seen it done both ways with these kinds of tracks, but the kind with the additional track# isn't really "hidden" any more, just delayed.

I've heard the term "hidden track", and even "surprise track" before, but not ghost track. I kind of like it.

Scott
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 27th Jul 2014 at 13:34.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for replying.

Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    #1 - yes, use a text editor (or better, cuemaster, cdrcue, and other good cuesheet-specific editors) and add a Track (or Index if you prefer it that way) # to the end, using the time at which the "ghost track" starts. May have to try a few times to get that right
    So, if I understand it right it's a bit of a "trial and error" process.
    #2 - If using the ORIGINAL cue (and bin/wav/iso) file, yes, it would include the "ghost track" (SHOULD - if the app+burner are doing proper DAO cue-sheet burning)
    Let's say ImgBurn...
    I've heard the term "hidden track", and even "surprise track" before, but not ghost track. I kind of like it.

Scott
    I've never heard "surprise track" and I kind of like it too, so we are even
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Well, if you had an audio editor that read the full cue sheet, you could just scroll to the start of the hidden segment, read off the time (in HH:MM:SS:FF, where frame=CD frame= 1/75sec), then use that # for the time of the new track#. That would get you pert near exact, as they say.

Imgburn is fine for this.

Glad you like the term.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Well, if you had an audio editor that read the full cue sheet...
    Such as?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    EAC, Audacity (with cue2label), AudioCueSheetEditor, Sequoia, Fission, Audition & SoundForge (with similar cue-to-region scripts), kdenlive, and IIRC Wavelab.

You could also just open the full wav file, without the cue sheet, in ANY good audio editor, and scroll to the spot after the gap.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  7. I think you are talking about the EAC "Process Wav" tool, aren't you?
    I am not familiar with Audacity labels, anyway I see if I can figure it out, one way or the other.
    Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Instant Martian View Post
    I used EAC to rip a CD-Audio (Uncompressed image + Cue file), the last song is actually made of two songs with a long silence in between (I think it's called a "ghost track"), EAC sees them as a single track.
    Lemme guess: the "ghost" track is in the last track of coldplay "ghost stories", no? Extract to *.wav in audacity (along with the rest of the CD of course). Select and delete silent part. Save. Create new CDDA project and disc, or convert to *.mp3.
    For the nth time, with the possible exception of certain Intel processors, I don't have/ever owned anything whose name starts with "i".
    Quote Quote  
  9. I managed to achieve the goal with Audacity (didn't use labels).

@turk690
    Sorry, wrong answer. It's a CD by an Italian singer.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!