I'm doing a subtitle with Subtitle Edit. I have 2 original files, the other one for captions and the other one for subtitles.
1. How can I change the position of the captions? I can't find a function for that in Subtitle Edit or Aegisub. In some cases I want to fit both the caption on top and subtitle on bottom. If thatīs too difficult I can have them after oneother but I need to position some captions on top.
2. In some cases, I want to cover the on-screen text with the translation. So I guess I just have to get a black background for the subtitle and place it correctly. Unfortunately I can't find a way to get a black background and white text. Any ideas?
3. Do I have to combine the captions and subtitles in the same file? I'm supposed to deliver STL-files, but I guess if that's not possible srt is okay too.
I'm very new to subtitling and have figured out everything else I needed but now I'm running out of time and nerves. I would really appreciate your help!
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
Here's some answers which will maybe help you.
1. Positionning is available in styling, in Aegisub.
Chose the original position of the sub (i recommend "center bottom" alignment), and then play with the margins parameters.
Then save your syle under some name. Its now a "preset".
You can preview the result within Aegisub (You'll need to load your video)
- To do so : You can apply a style (and hence, a defined position) line by line.
Juste select one (or multiple ones) and then drop down the style menu to apply.
You may find some useful info on this topic
(Post #14 may be what you need)
I didnt get the difference you make between "captions" and "subs" in your exemple.
But Aegisub can export .Stl files.
Last edited by CyberOtter; 28th Jul 2014 at 07:29.