VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does anyone know of a program to convert HD-DVD to Blu Ray?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Not sure if there's a single app that does it all, but (probably a better way anyway):
    1. Decrypt+Rip (DVDFab HD Decrypter, ANYDVD, etc)
    2. Demux (EVOdemux)
    3. Re-author (TSMuxer, MultiAVCHD, etc)
    4. Burn (ImgBurn)

Menus & nav logic won't transfer, but then they never have for DVD either, etc.

Scott
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 25th Jul 2014 at 19:33.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    ClownBD can do it after you decrypt the HD-DVD. It uses some of the same tools that Cornucopia mentions, just in one GUI.

If burning to a disc, use ImgBurn as mentioned.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    TSmuxer,just load the EVO files and it will create BR structure. I converted all my HD-DVD's to Blue Ray this way. You will need a ROM drive capable of reading HD-DVD's.
    Last edited by wulf109; 25th Jul 2014 at 20:24.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by wulf109 View Post
    You will need a ROM drive capable of reading HD-DVD's.
    This. This this this this this.

If you don't already have one, then I wish you a lot of luck. They haven't been manufactured for years and I have no idea what they're going for on the secondary market. Unless you really have a lot of these to convert, it might actually be cheaper to just buy the BluRay versions. And pay careful attention to what Cornucopia posted - you CANNOT convert menus. Period. If you want to just do the movie with no menus this way, no problem. You can get the extras, but you'll have to rip them individually and again - no menus.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    If you need an HD-DVD drive for your computer, here is a fairly complete list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_HD_DVD_devices

They show up on ebay regularly, though of course, with used equipment you can never be certain of condition. The LG GGW-H20L was a particularly good Blu-ray burner and HD-DVD reader.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!