VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 42
Thread
  1. Member
    Join Date: Jan 2011
    Location: Canada
    Search PM
    I downloaded AC3ACM and have three files in the 64 folder:

    AC3ACM.acm
    AC3ACM64.inf
    Install the 64-bit codec.bat

    Clicking on the "install" .bat file produces this message:

    An error ocurred while copying the AC3ACM.acm. Cannot copy file to destination directory.

    I want videos to play in Virtual Dub with sound. How do I do this? Should I be using the x86, not the 64?

    edit: the x86 bat install produces same message.
    Last edited by shokan22; 25th Jul 2014 at 07:33.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try install codec by right click on AC3ACM64.inf file and select Install
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Join Date: Jan 2011
    Location: Canada
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by roma_turok View Post
    Try install codec by right click on AC3ACM64.inf file and select Install
    Tried that...for a millisecond, I saw a box appear then immediately disappear. Opened a Matroska video in Virtual Dub. Same audio decompressor not found message.

    edit: .avi files do play with sound now in Virtual Dub, not Matroska (.mkv).
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Join Date: Jan 2011
    Location: Canada
    Search PM
    Matroska.vdplugin in plugins32 always has been there
    Quote Quote  
  5. Right click on the bat file and select Run As Administrator.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Join Date: Jan 2011
    Location: Canada
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by roma_turok View Post
    What MediaInfo report about type of sound have in MKV file?
    Virtual Dub Error

    (red x symbol) No audio decompressor could be found to decompress the source audio format (source format tag:00ff)

    That's the message that appears. Don't know what You mean about Media Info Report.
    Quote Quote  
  7. MediaInfo is program that can tell what type of sound have in MKV file
    link : http://www.videohelp.com/tools/MediaInfo
    Last edited by roma_turok; 25th Jul 2014 at 10:27.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I believe tag 00ff is AAC.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Join Date: Jan 2011
    Location: Canada
    Search PM
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 85
Size:  71.0 KBHere it is.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Join Date: Jan 2011
    Location: Canada
    Search PM
    An error ocurred while copying the AC3ACM.acm. Cannot copy file to destination directory.
    Quote Quote  
  11. The file contain AAC sound not AC3 (dolby digital codec)
    What purpose you want open mkv file in VirtualDub?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Join Date: Jan 2011
    Location: Canada
    Search PM
    I want to open an .mkv file in Virtual Dub and play it with sound.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by shokan22 View Post
    I want to open an .mkv file in Virtual Dub and play it with sound.
    Do you want to edit/convert Mkv file or just play?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Join Date: Jan 2011
    Location: Canada
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by roma_turok View Post
    Originally Posted by shokan22 View Post
    I want to open an .mkv file in Virtual Dub and play it with sound.
    Do you want to edit/convert Mkv file or just play?
    Both.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Ok
    So download this file: http://www.free-codecs.com/download_soft.php?d=6282&s=826&r=
    right click on AACACM64.inf file and select Install

    If you want convert to mp4 or mkv
    better use Handbrake
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Join Date: Jan 2011
    Location: Canada
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by roma_turok View Post
    Ok
    So download this file: http://www.free-codecs.com/download_soft.php?d=6282&s=826&r=
    right click on AACACM64.inf file and select Install

    If you want convert to mp4 or mkv
    better use Handbrake
    Have already done that. But, I did it again just now (install the ACM download) . Any mkv file will not play with sound. Same "no decompressor ..." message.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Did you try run bat file run as administrator ?
    Do you have windows 7 64 bit?
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Join Date: Jan 2011
    Location: Canada
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by roma_turok View Post
    Did you try run bat file run as administrator ?
    Do you have windows 7 64 bit?
    Yes and yes. Same message trying to play any mkv file.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Do you have in Programs and Features list, AAC codec installed?:

    Click image for larger version

Name:	codec.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	26566
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Join Date: Jan 2011
    Location: Canada
    Search PM
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 76
Size:  12.9 KBYes I do.
    Quote Quote  
  21. try restart computer

    try open with virtualdub 64bit: http://www.videohelp.com/download/VirtualDub-1.10.4-AMD64.zip
    Last edited by roma_turok; 25th Jul 2014 at 12:25.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Join Date: Jan 2011
    Location: Canada
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by roma_turok View Post
    try restart computer

    try open with virtualdub 64bit: http://www.videohelp.com/download/VirtualDub-1.10.4-AMD64.zip
    Restarted, same problem.

    Downloaded 64. In the VirtualDub-1.10.4-AMD64 folder you see the plugins I copy pasted from the old VD 32 bit plugins folder. Right click on any. mkv file, open with, VirtualDub-1.10.4-AMD64 folder click on either one of the VD exes and I get:

    VirtualDub Error
    The file 'F:\Destination Flavour Japan. Mkv is of an.unknown or unsupported file type.
    Attached Images    
    Quote Quote  
  23. You need to use all 32 bit components with 32 bit VirtualDub. You need to use all 64 bit components with 64 bit VirtualDub.

    Forget using 64 bit VirtualDub. It's not as stable and not as many filters are available in 64 bit versions. Use 32 bit VirtualDub and 32 bit filters.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Copy Matroska.vdplugin file from plugins32 folder of 32bit VirtualDub
    to VirtualDub 64bit plugins32 folder
    and try again
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Join Date: Jan 2011
    Location: Canada
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    You need to use all 32 bit components with 32 bit VirtualDub. You need to use all 64 bit components with 64 bit VirtualDub.

    Forget using 64 bit VirtualDub. It's not as stable and not as many filters are available in 64 bit versions. Use 32 bit VirtualDub and 32 bit filters.
    Ok. Then, all my original questions remain. Open Matroska file, click play, "no decompressor... ".
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Join Date: Jan 2011
    Location: Canada
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by roma_turok View Post
    Copy Matroska.vdplugin file from plugins32 folder of 32bit VirtualDub
    to VirtualDub 64bit plugins32 folder
    and try again
    Nope, tried that. Unsupported file type.
    Quote Quote  
  27. So try install AAC 32bit codec version, check Programs and Features that this installed
    and open mkv in VirtualDub 32bit
    Quote Quote