VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've recently purchased a Humax Freesat 1000S with Freetime. The videos are in hts format. Does anyone know of any software that will convert this software? Or, failing that, any software that will play it. Thanks. Bruce
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    It's an encrypted proprietary format for HD recordings. See here for a guide on a program that may be able to convert it.
    http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/foxy-an-hd-recording-backup-utility-for-the-hdr-fox-t2-n...-released.240/

I have no experience with this so I can offer no more help. And this was all found with a fairly simple web search which you could have done yourself.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the suggestion. Foxy doesn't work with this format. I did search thoroughly on the web but found nothing helpful which I why thought I'd try this forum. From what you say it sounds like I won't be able to use these videos anywhere but on the Humax unit which is a pity.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Unfortunately it's very common for recording devices to encrypt what they record. If I have a recording on my cable company's DVR that I want to keep, I have to play it back in real time and record it to my PC via my Hauppauge Colossus card and then edit the video and do whatever I want with it. Hollywood can't legally stop you from recording TV because of the famous Betamax court case ruling, but they don't have any obligation to make it easy for you to do something with the recordings and the device makers are only too happy to cooperate by encrypting recordings.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!