VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,
    I am using vidcoder to encode my video files to .mp4 before upload it to youtube.
    Please I would like to add a logo or a watermark or a title (in subtitle format) to video file but I want the file to remain the same size and same quality.
    It will be my website title.
    I tried too many tools from here but it is reducing the video quality and increasing the file size.
    Here is the exact situation:-
    The original video file is a .ts format, and I use VideoReDo to edit the parts I want and keep only the parts I want in a single file.
    I use vidcoder to encode a file that is an hour duration and change its frame size to 640x360 to fit youtube and do required crop, and it is encoding in about 2 minutes and 35 seconds.
    I want to add a watermark or a logo or a title to the encoded video before I upload it to youtube.
    Note:- I've realized there is a subtitle option in vidcoder but I do not know how to use it at all and posted in vidcoder help support forum but no reply from them.
    The size for the file after encode it using vidcoder is about 150 mb and it is an hour duration long.
    I tried too many tools but all consume a lot of time and reduce the video quality and increase the size.
    I want something to do the job quickly as what vidcoder does as time is a very critical issue for me, but also keep the file resulted from vidcoder the same quality and size.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Unless you add the logo (subtitle?) in your vidcoder step, you're going to incur another
    encode of the material, resulting in *some* generational loss.

You should be able to get the same size by specifying the same bitrate in the encoder as the existing file.
    File size = bitrate x running time.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yep, add an annotation or SRT subtitle to the video after uploading.

Why only 640x360? Don't you want 480p available? Maybe use 852x480. And your size is fairly small for an hour long video. The poorer quality the video you upload, the poorer quality it'll be after YouTube gets done with it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Make an ASS subtitle file using Subtitle Edit or Aegisub.
    Mux it into your source file from VideoReDo using MKVMergeGUI.
    Hardcode (Burn-in) the subtitle in Vidcoder.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	VidCoderSub.jpg
Views:	2429
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	26580  

Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Unless you add the logo (subtitle?) in your vidcoder step, you're going to incur another
    encode of the material, resulting in *some* generational loss.

You should be able to get the same size by specifying the same bitrate in the encoder as the existing file.
    File size = bitrate x running time.
    Yes that is what I am after.

Yes, this is a clever idea but I want it to be permanent with hard burn and not on the fly only.

Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Yep, add an annotation or SRT subtitle to the video after uploading.

Why only 640x360? Don't you want 480p available? Maybe use 852x480. And your size is fairly small for an hour long video. The poorer quality the video you upload, the poorer quality it'll be after YouTube gets done with it.
    I thought increasing the frame size will increase the size especially that the original video is a .ts and its frame size is 720x576, but I will try this and feed you back.

Originally Posted by videobruger View Post
    Make an ASS subtitle file using Subtitle Edit or Aegisub.
    That sound a good idea, but I tried this editor and was not able to adjust the place and position of the subtitle in the frame as I want it to be displayed in the top right of the frame as a logo.
    Please is it possible that you may post any one here and I can follow your steps so I can adjust it?
    Quote Quote  
  6. In Subtitle Edit Right click on the style (Default)
    Select Advanced Sub Station Alpha styles
    Tick Topright

Name:	VidCoderSub2.jpg
Views:	803
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	26582  

Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by videobruger View Post
    In Subtitle Edit Right click on the style (Default)
    Select Advanced Sub Station Alpha styles
    Tick Topright
    thanks for the quick response.but if i want to set duration to be a long duration to fit all my videos what shall I do?
    I mean I do not know the exact duration for each video file so can I set it to something like an hour or 90 minutes so I can make sure that it will fit all videos?
    Or I should exact time?
    I want to make it the default subtitle file so I can set it once and setup and forget and use it all the time without editing anything once again.
    Thanks indeed.
    Quote Quote  
  8. can I set it to something like an hour or 90 minutes
    You mean longer than the video itself? Never tried it but I would think so. Or set it to like 5 hours. Make a test in Vidcoder with a 2 min video/5 hours subtitle.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I can not find anything titled or related to style as shown in your picture.Attached is the file I created.
    Please advise.

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	711
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	26589  

Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  10. You´re using .SRT format. In top of the window select .ASS format.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Hithis is the file I created (attached)
    I tried to import it to vidcoder but failed because the edit button you mentioned only support .srt
    Please advise.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  12. Mux it into your source file from VideoReDo using MKVMergeGUI.
    (You can't hardcode .SRT with Vidcoder/Handbrake. Only ASS/SSA, VOBSUB & PGS - and only when muxed into (contain in) the video file)

(Correction Vidcoder 1.5.22 BETA can hardcode SRT - but it's a BETA)
    Quote Quote  
  13. This is the folder for both the .ts file after export it from videoredo and the .ass file.Please tell me what to do exactly as I am really confused.
    Sorry

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	425
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	26594  

Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  14. Start MKVMergeGUI. Drag-Drop your 2 files onto it. Press "Start Muxing". It'll create a new file containing your ASS. Use this file in Vidcoder. Press the Edit button for subtitle as shown above. Select your subtitle and burn in. Start Vidcoder.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Does there is a way to apply one subtitle file to several video files at once or I need to do it one by one?I am asking because I've a lot of video files and can not do it one by one as it is a very time consuming and time is a very critical factor for my job.
    So please advise.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Write a batch file using Command Line Interface (CLI) versions of MKVMerge and Handbrake (Vidcoder) CLI.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Hi,I just want to give you more details about my issue so you can better help me.
    The reason I am telling you details here so you can understand more details and reply me back as usual.
    My work is recording TV streaming using DVBViewerPro, and the recorded file is a .TS and its duration is about 23-24 hours long and its size is about 25-27 gigabyte.
    I use videoredo v4 to edit the file and cut only the required shows and remove commercials from this shows.
    I save each show to a separated file.
    So I end up with about 10-15 shows each one in a file.
    So I add them all at once to vidcoder and encode them all into .mp4 and ended up with all files encoded into .mp4.
    So this is for only one channel.
    So I want to add the subtitle to the files all at once and make it easier for me.
    Because my job is recording about 10 to 14 TV streaming channels and edit it shows and encode them then upload it to YouTube.
    This is done on a daily base. and this is the contract I am contracted with my clients.
    This is what I've got paid for.
    So please if you can better help me or have a better work flow for that that would be awesome.
    Note: the logo water mark trick was denied by the client because he want something that is hard burned into the file so if any one downloaded the file so he still have it, also because the client monetizing the channels.
    So all I am looking for is do the thing very quickly and reduce number of steps I am doing, so I can save more time as the minute really count for my job, and the more videos I am encoding and uploading the more contract I can signed.
    Sorry for bothering you with all these details but I believe that this way you can better help me in case you know everything.
    Quote Quote  
  18. If you add the watermark during YouTube upload (as I linked to earlier) it is burned into the YouTube encodes. No one can download a clean version.

Didn't you ask for: "Add logo or watermark quickly without affecting video file size or quality?"
    Quote Quote  
  19. Workflow:

Do your editing in VideoReDo.

Have a programmer write you a batch file that process specified files like *.ts and

- Use mkvmerge CLI to mux .ts and logo.ass
    - Use HandBrake CLI to hardcode .ass
    - Upload to YouTube

That would be a fairly ease task for a programmer.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    If you add the watermark during YouTube upload (as I linked to earlier) it is burned into the YouTube encodes. No one can download a clean version.

Didn't you ask for: "Add logo or watermark quickly without affecting video file size or quality?"
    in that case then you saved me my friend and thanks a lot.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by videobruger View Post
    Workflow:

Do your editing in VideoReDo.

Have a programmer write you a batch file that process specified files like *.ts and

- Use mkvmerge CLI to mux .ts and logo.ass
    - Use HandBrake CLI to hardcode .ass
    - Upload to YouTube

That would be a fairly ease task for a programmer.
    I am afraid I do not know any programmer around me.I do everything manually starting from hardware and software ...etc
    But I tried to adjust the handbrake to do the crop but I was not able to do it easily as what vidcoder does.
    If you can help me that would be awesome.
    But does using the batch will be fast encoding as vidcoder or not? because vidcoder encoding a file that is an hour long duration into .mp4 h.264, encode it in about 2 minutes and 30 seconds which is really good for me.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    If you add the watermark during YouTube upload (as I linked to earlier) it is burned into the YouTube encodes. No one can download a clean version.
    Yes, and that's probably the way to go. I hadn't watched enough of the video to which you linked and thought it was a removable annotation or subtitle. Just now, after watching more of the video it looks to do exactly what MGadAllah wants.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Yes, and that's probably the way to go. I hadn't watched enough of the video to which you linked and thought it was a removable annotation or subtitle
    I must admit - I watched the video but must have missed the part about hardcoding. The easiest way to go if it hardcodes.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Ok, it seems that using the YouTube way is the way to go.Thanks a lot and much appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  25. - later edit - Please I tried adding the logo/watermark to a YouTube video as suggested and downloaded it later on to check if the logo is hard coded or not.
    I am afraid that the logo is displayed as fine on YouTube but when I downloaded it does not exist in the video, so please may you advise?
    http://youtu.be/4Qpp06wmysI
    Thank
    Quote Quote  
  26. I don't think you followed the instructions correctly or completely. You created a removable annotation. You can get rid of it even while watching the video by going into Settings (the little gear wheel looking thing) and turning off Annotations.

Or maybe the guy that made the video is wrong about what it does. Not sure. At 4:30 he says 'you can't close it or get rid of this thing so it's always there', but he was comparing it to an ad you can get rid of by clicking the 'X', so maybe he just doesn't understand about annotations. For me, an annotation would be more than enough (and I refuse to put even them on), and I hate permanent logos and watermarks.
    Last edited by manono; 26th Jul 2014 at 17:06.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    I don't think you followed the instructions correctly or completely. You created a removable annotation. You can get rid of it even while watching the video by going into Settings (the little gear wheel looking thing) and turning off Annotations.

Or maybe the guy that made the video is wrong about what it does. Not sure.
    I did followed it correctly.The tutorial video mentioned above, I downloaded it using IDM, and it was not including the watermark the guy used in the video, and you can check it and download it and you will not find it.
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  28. Right, I've decided he's wrong about what his tutorial does. It creates a removable annotation. If so, then you have no choice but to encode your watermark every time. You asked earlier about the timing of a subtitle. If you choose a subtitle length beyond the end of all your videos, it'll play to the end.

I think I'll leave a comment on his video about what it does and does not do.
    Last edited by manono; 26th Jul 2014 at 17:28.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by videobruger View Post
    Make an ASS subtitle file using Subtitle Edit or Aegisub.
    Please is it possible to send me this .ass file for example so I can try it with vidcoder?
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!