VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all,
    Im fairly new to the whole video media and I downloaded a movie file yesterday and its a WMV, when I try to play it with VLC it plays the entire file in less than 1 second even tho the file size is over 900mb. Does any body know why it does this? This is not the first time I've come across a file like this.
    Quote Quote  
  2. 1)Try a different player like MPC-HC.
    2)Post a mediainfo report of the wmv and let's see if there's anything off.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Lot of fakes around, especially wmv. In some cases, they contain scripts and redirects so be careful with that.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Lot of fakes around, especially wmv. In some cases, they contain scripts and redirects so be careful with that.
    Thats probably what it is, the file I downloaded also came with a text file saying you need Windows Media Player to play the file and it should update all the codecs automatically. Im deleting it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mr1shaggy View Post
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Thats probably what it is, the file I downloaded also came with a text file saying you need Windows Media Player to play the file and it should update all the codecs automatically. Im deleting it.
    That's a wise move. Somewhere within the Microsoft WMP player options, you can disable script activity found in
    Windows Media. You can also disable automatic codec download. Look at the options/security tab.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!