VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. =====SOLVED=====

This is a quick question, perhaps a dumb one.

Is there any plugin around that could saves the timeline editing of the Vdub?
    Sometimes, I have a Vdub's crash when editing. This throws away all my work of cutting the video until that time.
    The problem with the crashes occurs at the coding part and the result is a corrupted video. So, I have to redo all cut editing again...
    If there were a way to save the cuts, would be great.
    "Save processing settings" command ignores the cuts in the timeline, unfortunately.
    Last edited by jairovital; 21st Jul 2014 at 12:18. Reason: Solved question
    Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    At the bottom of the "save processing settings" window is a checkbox labeled "include selection and edit list". Check that and your cuts will be saved as well.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Calidore View Post
    At the bottom of the "save processing settings" window is a checkbox labeled "include selection and edit list". Check that and your cuts will be saved as well.
    As I said before, it was revealed as a dumb question.
    I can't' realize why I never looked at that dialog box before.

Thx
    Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm pretty sure the same thing happened to me once also. For some reason, that's kind of a stealth option, even though it's right there.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well, for me at least, most VirtualDub editing is so super fast - basic direct stream cuts mostly - that it's easy to ignore an option like that from lack of need in most cases.

Having said that, what I find even more useful is the batching (Job control) since I may edit several clips at a time and want to render later. This is kind of like my "save" of edit timelines, in a different light.
    I hate VHS. I always did.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!