VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello Folks,

This is my first post!

I have many .ts files from TV, but when I use tsmuxerGUI to cut a head or tail off, then all the sub titles disappear! Normally I have 4 audio paths, and also 4 subtitles!

Thank you!

--soborobo
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Not sure what system is in play in France, if it is MPEG2 + Audio +subs etc then topping and tailing before extracting the subs etc by demuxing will remove important header information. Before any editing of the original TS file you need to demux the file into it's elementary tracks, this will give you the video. audio and all the subs.

If the system is similar to Germany and Australia ie PAL MPEG2 + Audio +subs etc then use ProjectX to Demux and edit in ProjectX to maintain subtitle sync.

Post a MediaInfo report of a file before any editing, will help in identifying the parameters of the file....
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

That sounds like overkill!

Because if I edit the video removing stuff! Then the same has to be done to the subtitles! sounds complicated!

Thankd anyhow!

--soborobo
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No not at all - if you edit within ProjectX and then demux with ProjectX all one operation, you will extract the subs in sync with the video and audio. If you edit a TS file before extracting the subs you won't be able to do so, as you discovered. It takes me all of 5 minutes to top n tail edit out commercials and demux. I then drag and drop the audio, video and SRT files into MKVMergeGui to produce a MKV file. This takes 2 minutes. No re-encoding or loss of quality. voila!
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!