VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello everyone,

I hope you can help me with the following issue.

I am authoring a DVD with DVD LabPro2. There are 10 short videos which has to be locked using a keypad menu. When I play the DVD in a DVD player, this works exactly I want it to work.

Now, the issue is when I play the DVD in a computer using Windows Media Player. For some reason, I am able to open the titles list and play them straight forward. I need to prevent Media Player from playing the titles.

I saw some example which Windows Media Player cannot play the locked titles.

I wonder if there is a way to solve this issue. Maybe it is something about DRM or a menu command in the DVDLab Pro authoring, but I do not know how to do it.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Rocio Aranda
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Windows Media Player is not a proper dvd-player. It plays titles, chapters but does not AFAIK handle menus.

Try your disk in vlc and I think you will find it works fine.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Maybe there is a misunderstanding, but I do not have a problem playing the DVD. The menus work fine in WMP. My problem is that in WMP it lists all the chapters/titles in the DVD and I can choose to skip to any of them which completely bypasses my menu system, I want to try to avoid this.

Please, have a look at the file attached. This might make more clear what I am trying to explain.

Kind Regards,
    Rocio
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	wmp-diff.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	26457  

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ok. I understand now.

You can 'hide' that list locally but I do not think you can disable it remotely.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Those sort of keypad menus can be bypassed with (certain) ripping software anyway.
    I hate it when content is locked in the first place.

I got a free disc - except you had to phone a premium number to get an unlock code.
    So I just ripped the titles from the DVD instead.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!