VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi,

I've installed GPAC and MP4Box GUI but they installed to two separate locations. How do I make MP4Box GUI use the mp4box.exe in the GPAC folder and not the one in its own folder?

Do I need GPAC to demux files with MP4Box GUI?

Regards,
    B
    Quote Quote  
  2. I don't play with MP4s much, but I've used My MP4Box GUI to demux MP4s and I don't have the MP4Box GPAC Framework installed.

If there's a newer version of MP4Box have you tried replacing all the relevant files in the "My MP4Box GUI\Tools" folder with the newer versions? You could always make a backup copy of the current Tools folder in case MyMP4Box doesn't work properly with the new version.

Mind you I downloaded My MP4Box GUI version 0.6.0.6 and "MP4BOX_GPAC.Framework.Setup-0.5.0" and they both seem to include the same version of MP4Box.exe. Are you downloading a GPAC beta version?

You can download "MP4BOX_GPAC.Framework.Setup-0.5.0.exe" (or a beta version) and extract it's contents to a folder with 7zip (as you'd extract a zip file) and you'll find the relevant files inside. No need to install it. Whether My MP4Box GUI will necessarily work properly with newer versions.... I've no idea.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!