VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I recently wanted to take some vids and make them playable on my dvd player for me and my wife to watch at home, I have some avi files I want to burn to a DVD. Did some research and found DVD flick, easy to use after a couple you tube videos i felt like i had a good grasp on this whole concept....everything seems to be working but after 8 hours and still encoding audio I'm sure there has to be a better way! or a better program to use, I don't mind buying software or anything like that and my pc isn't amazing but for the most part its alright (I listed specs when i made this account 3 mins ago if you cant see them let me know I'll list), but anyways I think I have dvd flicks setting set to max, but I'm not even using 20% of my pcs power I think if I close everything I'm doing and set it to above normal its using 4% processing power? Pretty sure I'm missing something any help would be awesome!!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try AVStoDVD, very easy to use, yet powerful and high quality. (Just noticed the same recommendation in the DVD Flick tool page !)

And welcome to the forums
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know for sure, since I haven't used it in a few years, but maybe DVD Flick only allows using a single thread for encoding?

AVStoDVD is a another converter you could try. There is a multi-threaded encoding option on the systems tab in the AVStoDVD Preferences window that may speed up encoding if the encoder you select supports multi-threading. (HCEnc does support mutli-threading.) However, don't be surprised if it still takes a few hours to convert 2 hours worth of HD video to DVD compatible MPEG-2.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the help I'm working right now so was looking for the fast lazy easy way out lol! Thanks ill check out avstodvd and do all my research when i get home tonight! This looks like a really good forum site i might just have to stay awhile and listen
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'll third it for AVStoDVD. Use it all the time for creating DVDs. VERY useful, and surprisingly so for freeware.

The file converter and DVD creator in aTubeCatcher are more simple to use, but I've found that aside from the program not being able to create menus it also doesn't allow you to fast forward or rewind the DVD once it's made. (Not even sure if you can use "pause".) Fast, but not ideal.

Depends on what your goal is.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Also recommend AVStoDVD. Another option is DVDStyler.

Here's how to install it without adware:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzlPGx-iQmM
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks again to everyone! I've started using avstodvd and its awesome, I'm sure i haven't figured out everything thing it can do just yet ,but that will all come with time and a little more searching. I tell most of my customers between youtube and google you can figure just about anything, but ill keep you guys in my back pocket for anything video Thanks again for all your help!
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!