VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Pro and re-encode the DVD to de-interlace(it is really annoying to watch interlaced stuff on a 240Hz TV) and to encode it into h.264 mp4 and stick it back into DVDRemake Pro and have it work as if the tracks were not messed with?
    Or am I using the wrong stuff?
    What should I be using?
    the video is cartoon DVDs so 250kbps h.264 looks ok enough to work and 96kbps AAC, they are all on DVDs that I have ripped(yes I own them) and want to combine them on one blu-ray with menus intact so that we can navigate the menus as if we inserted all the DVDs and does it make a menu that leads to the individual menus?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DVDRemake Pro is only for editing DVDs. There is no support for Blu-ray or h.264 video. DVDRemake was written well before Blu-ray was available or h.264 was popular.

There is no software available that will convert DVD menus to Blu-ray menus.

You will need to encode the video to Blu-ray spec, so 250kbps h.264 with 96kbps AAC will not work. You can find the proper command line for x264 here: http://www.x264bluray.com/

Instead if encoding the audio to AAC, use the original AC3 tracks.

There is software to create Blu-ray menus, but you will need to construct it all by hand.

EDIT:
    I would recommend using BD-RB. It will import multiple DVD discs and create a Blu-ray disc with a simple custom menu. That feature was created by jdobbs to convert a multiple disc season set to one Blu-ray disc.
    Last edited by Vidd; 14th Jul 2014 at 10:22.
    Quote Quote  
  3. You can tell DVDremake pro to do 25-50GB discs.
    what about just having a bunch of MP4s with a disc menu?
    How would I go about making that work?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It won't work using DvdReMake.
    First, DVDRemake Pro does not support mp4. It only supports DVD structure which is MPEG-2 in the VOB container.
    Second, you can't burn a 25GB to 50GB DVD structure to a Blu-ray disc because no Blu-ray player will play it.

You can burn the mp4 files to a Blu-ray disc or put them on a USB drive. Most Blu-ray players support mp4 and mkv and they have a file navigation menu.

If you want a Blu-ray structure with simple custom menu, use BD-RB.
    Last edited by Vidd; 14th Jul 2014 at 10:48.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I will put the mp4s on a blu-ray. I was wondering if it would be possible to make a short menu that would point to the individual files that shows motion excerpts. Is there any way I can do this.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by BirdDaddie View Post
    I will put the mp4s on a blu-ray. I was wondering if it would be possible to make a short menu that would point to the individual files that shows motion excerpts. Is there any way I can do this.
    You would need a Blu-ray authoring tool for this. And the only ones I've used will not accept video that isn't compliant to Blu-ray specs, so the videos would probably need to be re-encoded. Its doubtful that they are already made to be compliant.

The only free tool that I am aware of that might work for you is MultiAVCHD, but even it might re-encode them.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!