VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello

1, I'm starting to get this page appear nearly everytime i use Firefox.

[Attachment 26360 - Click to enlarge]

2, I cannot update Malwarebytes and i keep getting a Malwarebytes popup

3, I cannot use Internet Download Manager, i get this popup

[Attachment 26362 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Let's assume it's malware, boot the computer into safe mode with networking, see if you can get to the web page, if you can, get to bleepingcomputer.com and download rkill and combofix, run rkill first, this will shut down any processes of malware, then run combofix and wait for it to finish. This is where I would start.
    It's not important the problem be solved, only that the blame for the mistake is assigned correctly
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Need more info

That message is more likely an issue with their sites security certificate being out dated, damaged, revoked, add it to exemptions list if you trust it

Tools > Options > Advanced : Encryption: Certificates - View Certificates > Servers

Can other browsers navigate to the site in question ?

The second needs more info

What is your trying to do with IDM.

Assume nothing till the above is confirmed.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I will just inject a thought about Combofix; this is a serious piece of software. Used incorrectly it will damage your operating system; once it starts, do not move or click the mouse or keyboard, it can hang the system. Be positively sure that all your antivirus and firewalls installed are turned off. If you get a warning from Combofix that there is an AV still running, believe it and do not proceed. I believe Bleeping Computer has directions, so read them carefully. It appears to me that Bjs approach should be your first plan of action.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!