VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread
  1. Member
    Join Date: Jun 2003
    Location: United States
    Search Comp PM
    I have a number of TV episodes that seem to be named properly (Sherlock Holmes S05E04, for example) but, once I copy them to a flash drive and plug it into my WDTV Live player, they come up as "TV DISC 12 Episode 41", etc.. I figured this must have something to do with metadata so I fired up MetaZ (on my Mac) and, sure enough, the Title field had the "TV Disc...etc.". So I provided the correct name and updated. This wrote an entirely new file to the disk, replacing the original. I examine the file again in MetaZ and it now has the proper name in the Title field. However, when I copy that file back over to the flash drive (replacing the old one) and plug it into the WDTV, it still shows the bad name. I reset the WDTV back to factory specs, re-configured it and even repaired the directory of the flash drive. Still the bad names persist. Is there another metadata field I'm missing? I've been using WDTV devices for about four years and have never encountered this issue before.

    Suggestions are welcomed.

    Thanks,
    Barry
    Quote Quote  
  2. try delete that .wdtv folder or file (not sure what now) that is in the root of media storage, it was generated by WDTV player
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Join Date: Jun 2003
    Location: United States
    Search Comp PM
    Yes; I forgot about that folder. Although there was nothing in it I could see (and I have PathFinder which reveals invisibles), I deleted it along with a few other Mac-related folders. Then, just for grins, I used Disk Warrior to rebuild the directory on the flash drive (it's formatted for a Mac; there are some network issues this resolves). Then I popped the drive back into the WDTV. PROBLEM SOLVED. Now the names appear properly. *whew*

    Thanks _AI_ for your perspective/assistance.
    Quote Quote