VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi.

When I have the HD PVR 2 connected with my Xbox 360, the monitor sometimes loses It's signal and my Xbox 360 reset itself. It can happen at any time, after 10 minutes, 33 minutes, 90 minutes, It's 100% random.

I've tried different HDMI cables. I've plugged the USB cable from HD PVR2 to CPU in different ports as well without any luck.

These are the capture programs I've been using: Arcsoft Media Extreme and Hauppauge Capture.

Whenever I don't have the HD PVR 2 plugged in (which is everytime now because of this problem) and I just play with the Xbox 360 connected to the monitor I have never lost the signal.

Any idea what the problem is, I've run out of ideas.

I appreciate any tips.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Clue is MAYBE there something wrong with HD-PVR 2 you should get hold tech suppout and see about getting it RMA.
    Last edited by SHS; 15th Jul 2014 at 15:10.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Make sure the device isn't sitting on top of a hot component like an amp.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Rabalardo View Post
    When I have the HD PVR 2 connected with my Xbox 360, the monitor sometimes loses It's signal and my Xbox 360 reset itself. It can happen at any time, after 10 minutes, 33 minutes, 90 minutes, It's 100% random.
    I'm a little confused between your title and what you describe here. Is the HD PVR resetting, or is your Xbox resetting? What does "reset" mean? Do you mean the HD PVR actually turns itself off, or does your Xbox lose the signal and the HD PVR stays on? Etc, Etc?

All of the HD PVR's are poorly ventilated. They shut down if they get too warm. As mentioned earlier, don't put the HD PVR in a warm place with no ventilation. If necessary, get a small 3" or 5" A.C. fan to cool it. If that won't work, workarounds are posted on the 'net on how to install a cooling fan in an HD PVR (that's what I had to do).
    - My sister Ann's brother
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by LMotlow View Post
    I'm a little confused between your title and what you describe here. Is the HD PVR resetting, or is your Xbox resetting? What does "reset" mean? Do you mean the HD PVR actually turns itself off, or does your Xbox lose the signal and the HD PVR stays on? Etc, Etc?

All of the HD PVR's are poorly ventilated. They shut down if they get too warm. As mentioned earlier, don't put the HD PVR in a warm place with no ventilation. If necessary, get a small 3" or 5" A.C. fan to cool it. If that won't work, workarounds are posted on the 'net on how to install a cooling fan in an HD PVR (that's what I had to do).
    The picture on the monitor goes black and then it says "signal lost", a few seconds later it finds the signal again and the Xbox reset itself and I have to sign back in.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!