VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi guys when using latest few versions of tsmuxer my blurays are not playing on bluray player.
    process: Add the file create bluray folder selected & then burn the 2 created folders to disc, all setting are default in tsmuxer. I upgraded my PC recently so had to download all my software again but before that I never had a problem with tsmuxer until now, weird thing is after trying many versions I've found 1.9.9 works but none of the latest will?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Make sure the two boxes are checked for "picture timing info" and "insert SPS/PPS". Make sure "Blu-ray disc" is checked if burning to BD-25.

Play the tsmuxer output from the hard drive before you burn to disc to see if it works. Burn with ImgBurn and use quality media.

There has to be some problem or wrong settings on your system. BD-RB uses the latest version of tsmuxer and there have been no reports of the newer versions not working.

You said "not playing on bluray player", but is there a specific error message? Did you try it on more than one player?
    Quote Quote  
  3. More information needed. Did you shoot the footage yourself? Are you using ImgBurn to burn to disc?

Open one of the input files in Mediainfo, text view, and post the file attributes.

Welcome to the forum.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Vidd View Post
    Make sure the two boxes are checked for "picture timing info" and "insert SPS/PPS". Make sure "Blu-ray disc" is checked if burning to BD-25.

Play the tsmuxer output from the hard drive before you burn to disc to see if it works. Burn with ImgBurn and use quality media.

There has to be some problem or wrong settings on your system. BD-RB uses the latest version of tsmuxer and there have been no reports of the newer versions not working.

You said "not playing on bluray player", but is there a specific error message? Did you try it on more than one player?

Originally Posted by fritzi93 View Post
    More information needed. Did you shoot the footage yourself? Are you using ImgBurn to burn to disc?

Open one of the input files in Mediainfo, text view, and post the file attributes.

Welcome to the forum.
    I dont normally select change fps or change level but above said to try it sadly still doesn't play. i use imageburn, put the disc in the bluray player & it sticks on loading with a blue background & its not just this movie many of them do the same but if i use 1.9.9 same process they all work.

media info

General
    ID : 1 (0x1)
    Complete name : C:\Users\me\Desktop\TEST\BDMV\STREAM\00000.m2ts
    Format : BDAV
    Format/Info : Blu-ray Video
    File size : 7.59 GiB
    Duration : 1h 42mn
    Overall bit rate mode : Variable
    Overall bit rate : 10.6 Mbps
    Maximum Overall bit rate : 35.5 Mbps

Video
    ID : 4113 (0x1011)
    Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L4.1
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
    Codec ID : 27
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 8 648 Kbps
    Maximum bit rate : 40.0 Mbps
    Width : 1 920 pixels
    Height : 800 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 2.40:1
    Frame rate : 23.976 fps
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.235
    Stream size : 6.20 GiB (82%)

Audio
    ID : 4352 (0x1100)
    Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
    Format : DTS
    Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems
    Mode : 16
    Format settings, Endianness : Big
    Codec ID : 130
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 1 509 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 6 channels
    Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Bit depth : 24 bits
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Stream size : 1.08 GiB (14%)
    Last edited by Madness85; 12th Jul 2014 at 06:19.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Resolution is not Blu-Ray compliant. It's been cropped.

You could:

1) Re-encode it to add back the black bars. Something like uncropMKV can do it fairly simply.
    2) Some standalone players that choke on non-compliant Blu-Ray structure will happily play, for instance, a cropped MKV.
    3) Find another way to play the file, e.g. media player, HTPC, etc.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Resolution is not Blu-Ray compliant.
    What he says is your problem. It's not a guess - we know for a fact this is your problem. BluRay requires 1920x1080. You have 1920x800. tsmuxer can't re-encode so it just takes whatever you give it, makes a BluRay or AVCHD format from it as best it can even though what you gave it may not be valid, and it's up to your player at that point. I've seen a lot of BluRay players be very flexible about frame rates in tsmuxer created discs, but usually they enforce resolution requirements. For example, 720x480 video in BluRay is supposed to require interlaced video and 59.97 frames per second but I've got some BluRays I've made with progressive 24 fps video at 720x480 and they play fine. But if you deviate at all from the supported resolutions, and 1920x800 is a big deviation, that usually won't work. I'd say "It never works" but maybe somewhere there is a player I've never heard of that doesn't enforce resolution compliance on BluRay and AVCHD. Probably not though.

If you want to take the easy way, there's some chance if you simply make an MKV out of that video that your player may play that OK. Then again it may bitch about the resolution in the MKV file, but in general BluRay players that play MKV are a bit more flexible about things like resolution than they are with BluRay or AVCHD discs.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Resolution is not Blu-Ray compliant.
    What he says is your problem. It's not a guess - we know for a fact this is your problem. BluRay requires 1920x1080. You have 1920x800. tsmuxer can't re-encode so it just takes whatever you give it, makes a BluRay or AVCHD format from it as best it can even though what you gave it may not be valid, and it's up to your player at that point. I've seen a lot of BluRay players be very flexible about frame rates in tsmuxer created discs, but usually they enforce resolution requirements. For example, 720x480 video in BluRay is supposed to require interlaced video and 59.97 frames per second but I've got some BluRays I've made with progressive 24 fps video at 720x480 and they play fine. But if you deviate at all from the supported resolutions, and 1920x800 is a big deviation, that usually won't work. I'd say "It never works" but maybe somewhere there is a player I've never heard of that doesn't enforce resolution compliance on BluRay and AVCHD. Probably not though.

If you want to take the easy way, there's some chance if you simply make an MKV out of that video that your player may play that OK. Then again it may bitch about the resolution in the MKV file, but in general BluRay players that play MKV are a bit more flexible about things like resolution than they are with BluRay or AVCHD discs.
    Big thanks for replying guys but why does 1.9.9 work flawlessly but the new versions will not?
    Quote Quote  
  8. It didn't work flawlessly, for the reason already stated. You just got away with it somehow.

Two possibilities I can think of:

1) You didn't have trouble before because you weren't trying to mux non-compliant files to Blu-Ray before. I'm betting on this one unless you can replicate muxing the non-compliant file (whose attributes you posted) and have the result play on your standalone.
    2) Your particular standalone player accepted non-compliant resolution BD files from one version of tsMuxer, but not later versions. Somehow. Odd things do happen. [shrugs] Don't expect it to work on other players.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by fritzi93 View Post
    It didn't work flawlessly, for the reason already stated. You just got away with it somehow.

Two possibilities I can think of:

1) You didn't have trouble before because you weren't trying to mux non-compliant files to Blu-Ray before. I'm betting on this one unless you can replicate muxing the non-compliant file (whose attributes you posted) and have the result play on your standalone.
    2) Your particular standalone player accepted non-compliant resolution BD files from one version of tsMuxer, but not later versions. Somehow. Odd things do happen. [shrugs] Don't expect it to work on other players.
    Thank you again

I have these same results with multiple movies 1.9.9 all works lastest none work, I will uncrop and try again but IMO too many work with 1.9.9 for this just to be lucky.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe tsmuxer 1.9.9 generated an incorrect video flag that claimed the video output was valid (ie. 1920x1080) when really and truly it wasn't. Such a flag might cause the video to be displayed incorrectly and perhaps you don't notice it because the vertical stretching is not too much. Users may have demanded that tsmuxer generate the correct resolution information for the input video so that stretching doesn't occur and the newer versions do that. I have no way to know, but it's a reasonable guess that would explain what you see.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Madness85 View Post

I have these same results with multiple movies 1.9.9 all works lastest none work, I will uncrop and try again but IMO too many work with 1.9.9 for this just to be lucky.
    Version 1.9.9 must have a bug that lets your video play. The newer versions probably have this bug fixed, because your source video does not meet the Blu-ray specification.

Did you try a 1.9.9 disc on multiple players? It may be your current player will accept the disc, but I would not be surprised if other players reject it since the resolution is 800.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Ok guys thank you very much for taking the time to reply I will uncrop and post back with the results.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Ye when uncropped it works Don't know why 1.9.9 works with cropped tho.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!