VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Looking for a video converter that converts video kinda like HandBrake but more like Vidcoder (as in it has the option to Traget Size , Avg Bitrage and Constant Quality). VidCoder say they are like HandBreak and donot merge files. Looing for one that does merge file while converting it

The feature I'm looking for is the ability to merge clips while converting in x264 or any formate that allows you to pick the target size.
    Last edited by AndreL; 8th Jul 2014 at 12:46. Reason: Title Edit
    Quote Quote  
  2. I didn't know Handbrake could merge files. Is that what it's batch encoding does? I assumed it's still encode them individually, but I don't use Handbrake so I'm probably talking crap.

I haven't used it in quite a while, but I'm pretty sure ffcoder will join multiple input files together as a single encode, if that's what you're referring to when you say "merge".

There may be other programs. It's not hard to do with Avisynth. You can create scripts to open individual files, then join the scripts together as a single encode. You'd need an avisynth based program though, such as MeGUI, and a little time to learn how to manually import multiple scripts into a single script for MeGUI to encode.

You can of course append the encoded video after it's encoded as individual files (as long as the same encoder settings are used each time etc). MKVMergeGUI will join MKVs. I tend to do it that way myself. There's no reason why you couldn't specify the same average bitrate for each individual encode, which should result in the same average bitrate after they're joined together.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hand Break Dosn't merge files it just used CQ (Constant Quality)
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Join/merge + convert : sounds like an NLE to me.

No need to make 3 right turns just to avoid making a left turn, especially if what you actually want to do is make a simple left turn.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    AviDemux can append (join) files with identical specifications and can convert to various formats. It will allow you set a target size also.

I use VidCoder or MeGui however, so I won't guarantee good results doing this with AviDemux. I keep reading threads about lost video/audio sync using AviDemux, but you never know what is going on in the input files either.

Edit: I did a test encode, joining two files and converting to a set output size using AviDemux. Two pass, H264 and mkv container. Worked perfectly well and had no issues in audio/video sync.
    Last edited by Kerry56; 8th Jul 2014 at 13:45.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I downloaded a trial ver of VSO video Converter and it does both setting file output size and file joining multipule files, but when I did it it did not keep the source FPS and had it down to 10 FPS and I could not change it.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 can join and convert at the same time.It is good at those annoying Blueray movies that have multiple files. It was the only program that I use that could join all the files of the newest version of Total Recall and keep everything in SYNC..
    Last edited by isapc; 9th Jul 2014 at 23:57.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Still debugging and developing manual...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter_76 Jul. 11 00.04.jpg
Views:	775
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	26313

Name:	ScreenHunter_75 Jul. 11 00.04.jpg
Views:	786
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	26314

Name:	ScreenHunter_76 Jul. 11 00.13.jpg
Views:	902
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	26316
    Last edited by Budman1; 11th Jul 2014 at 01:18.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    TMPGEnc is good but its 90 some bucks and looking at the free trial is a lot to understand. Is there any thing simple like vidcoder that has the ability to join files while encoding.
    option to Traget Size , Avg Bitrage and Constant Qualit
    Last edited by AndreL; 17th Jul 2014 at 23:20.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!