Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Download Skin v1.3: DAUM_PotPlayer_SKIN.zip

Click image for larger version

Name:	DaumPotPlayerSkin.png
Views:	7908
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	26970

If your Windows custom sizing options (DPI settings) is above 100% then the new "zoom in skin" feature in v1.6.6.x breaks the clear display of some custom skins, unless you go to
    Settings > [under General] OSC/Zoom in > Skin Zoom Settings > Set every option to Do not use skin zoom function.

Name:	@Do not use skin zoom function2.jpg
Views:	5129
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	37141

I couldn't find a forum, or a thread let a lone how-to instructions really discussing the actual skin customization process in detail. I had to figure it out from scratch and it took a really long time.

I have some notes in the attached zipped file on how I did what I did but I really wanted to make a skin that would have large buttons with most frequently used commands (for me) and not have the minimalistic look at all that a lot of other skins have and also not have microscopic tiny buttons that virtually all other skins have. Instead I opted for things like a large mute button - it comes in handy.

So... I really wanted to avoid going through a jungle of Menus > Submenus.

For example:

• When you take pictures with your phone, sometimes your pictures are landscape and sometimes portrait orientation. Then, in your wisdom, you think you can record video automatically in landscape or portrait and video gets recorded flipped at a 90 degree angle. Well how about a Rotate video single click button?

• Sometimes you watch something and you go, 'What did he say?' - well how about a Closed Captioning single click button so you can just quickly turn captioning ON/OFF?

• How about a quick screenshot of anything with a single click?

• How about a LARGE mute button?

• How about a single click button that takes you to the menu of the DVD you're watching in case you're watching a multi-episode DVD?

• How about separate Open DVD / Open file buttons?

It took a long time to make all that.

Freeware player download:
    https://www.videohelp.com/tools/PotPlayer
    For this skin to work, copy the .dsf skin to
    C:\Program Files\DAUM\PotPlayer\Skins
    and then right click on the player > Skins > to select a different Skin.

Right click on player > Preferences >
    Click on + next to General > Startup > Window size: Custom size: 900 x 506
    and
    Playback > Default window size: Video output size x 1.5
    [If you select Fit to video aspect ratio, then 720x480 videos will start playing at a window size that cannot display all custom buttons of custom skins with large buttons.]

[Since the skin has large buttons, initial window size has to be set larger like that.]

DAUM_PotPlayer_INFO.zip
    Last edited by c627627; 4th Jun 2016 at 09:41.
    Quote Quote  
  2. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/351386-Potplayer-%5B-%5D-skins

IIRC, the "Arcsoft TMT skin" had large buttons. Some OLDE version of PotPlayer included them...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Good job with your customization. In case anyone's interested, here's a pic of the old TMT3 skin that I prefer the most (last seen by me in 1.5.28025). It lacks the new control panel but is easy to include one from another skin. I've customized a few button functions and made a new Daum logo. Also shown is my separate Colour Profiler app (incl precise speed controller), it's not skinnable but roughly matches the TMT3 theme.

Name:	potplayer.png
Views:	8194
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	26249
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You should have attached your actual custom skin file.

Is it possible to force a brand new installation to display the custom logo found in skin or is custom logo only available after manually switching?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    OK, here's the TMT3 skin from 1.5.28025. It's not mine (don't know the original author). I just changed the second button (Favorites) to 'Aspect Ratio', the last button (View file) to 'Info' (stream details), and made a custom Daum logo.

I've included 2 files: PP_TMT3_cust.zip (Normal) + PP_TMT3_ext_logo.zip (Tweaked)

Normal: open PP_TMT3_cust.zip and extract tmt3_en.dsf to your Skins folder, select tmt3_en.dsf from your Skins menu.

NB: The default behaviour of PotPlayer with skins (when the Logo is referenced in XML) is to extract multiple copies of the Logo to the temp path each time you run it (even if it is not used). I've tweaked the XML to de-reference the internal logo.

Tweaked: Start PotPlayer and select Prefs[F5]->General->Logo and set: Logo (playback off) = <Default logo>*, and Logo (start playback) = {Normal logo}* (or Default) otherwise PotPlayer will crash or not load! Open PP_TMT3_ext_logo.zip and extract tmt3_en.dsf to your Skins folder, and extract PotPlayer.png to your Logos folder (overwriting the existing file), then select tmt3_en.dsf from your Skins menu.

Originally Posted by c627627
    Is it possible to force a brand new installation to display the custom logo found in skin or is custom logo only available after manually switching?
    After installation just copy your new skin to the Skins folder and select it from the Skins menu. If PotPlayer is set to use "[Skin default logo]" then it will use the skin logo. "Normal" or "<Default logo>" settings will use the Logo/PotPlayer.png file - I actually prefer this to storing it with the Skin (all skins can use it).
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    When playing a DVD (not a video file, an actual DVD), either from disc or from folder, you can fast forward it or rewind it when playing it, so when you play a DVD folder, or a DVD disc, the following command is supposed to play the video backwards:
    ID_DVD_SPEED_B8X

Would you please try to use this command to REWIND playback, in other words, not jump back certain number of seconds but actually play backwards a DVD?
    It is supposed to do that but it does not, it rewinds without visually displaying the rewind progress.
    The equivalent Forward command actually works but not the Rewind command:
    So this works: ID_DVD_SPEED_F8X
    This does not: ID_DVD_SPEED_B8X
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by c627627 View Post
    Would you please try to use this command to REWIND playback, in other words, not jump back certain number of seconds but actually play backwards a DVD? It is supposed to do that but it does not, it rewinds without visually displaying the rewind progress.
    I get the same result, all rewind speeds don't update the screen (just the status bar). Also, there doesn't appear to be much difference between the speeds. One can confirm all this with the DVD Control/Speed menu. IMO the general implementation of DVD Speed control is shoddy. e.g. 'FF' or 'RW' then 'Play' to resume doesn't work, but ID_DVD_SPEED_F1X to resume mostly works (can lockup player). The latest player 1.6.48576 seems reasonably stable (less lockups), but with older 1.5.x versions the only way to resume reliably is using the Skip functions. This is one of the reasons I rarely use PotPlayer as a DVD/BD PLayer.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you very much for confirming.
    I contacted the author to see if ID_DVD_SPEED_B8X command can show video playing backward.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The author said it cannot display video playing backward.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I added v1.3 which now has useful ZOOM features (without clogging existing buttons.)
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i can't apply this skin on potplayer version 1.5.44407..... plz help i get this error:

Name:	Untitledk.jpg
Views:	46998
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	26988
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have old Windows 2000 machines which use old PotPlayer versions so I made this skin for them and it will help you too because it will work on your old version of Daum PotPlayer as well. It has no zoom feature though and it has a Windowed frame:
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by c627627; 1st Sep 2014 at 04:11.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search PM
    update skin Black Onix 0.4.9.8.demo
    https://forum.videohelp.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27742&stc=1&d=1411902702
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM

Name:	BlackOnix0.4.9.9.png
Views:	4370
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	27808

That's a really interesting one, thanks. My favorite part of it are the buttons, very nice!

Can you translate tool tips into English?
    The Audio skin is absolutely beautiful but it doesn't work, Black Onix 0.4.9.9 crashes as soon as any mp3 file is opened.

Rather than gray, I was also looking into the black base frame like black onix but I couldn't find one, it would be nice to use the Black frame with Orange/Red instead of Gray with Blue but it would be too time consuming for me at this point, maybe some day in the far future
    Last edited by c627627; 2nd Oct 2014 at 19:10.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Age080 View Post
    i can't apply this skin on potplayer version 1.5.44407..... plz help i get this error:

[Attachment 26988 - Click to enlarge]
    I have installed new 1.6 beta version and there isn't old skin (like on that pic). Could somebody please upload that skin here?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi. To install custom skin on version 1.6, unzip the .zip file from post #1 then for this skin to work, copy the .dsf skin file to

C:\Program Files\DAUM\PotPlayer\Skins
    or
    C:\Program Files (x86)\DAUM\PotPlayer\Skins
    and then right click on the player > Skins > to select a different Skin.

Right click on player > Preferences >
    Click on + next to General > Startup > Window size: Custom size: 900 x 506
    and
    Playback > Default window size: Fit to video aspect ratio.

[Since the skin has large buttons, initial window size has to be set larger like that.]
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search PM
    I've found skin I was looking for, it is Olddefault.dsf.
    Is that SkinSupport.txt file safe to delete or some of old 1.5 version skins need it?
    Last edited by Chaffee; 27th Feb 2015 at 19:58. Reason: problem solved
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That files lists commands so that when someone is making a custom skin they would know what the command names are. You can delete it if you don't want to customize your skin on your own, if you don't want to create a brand new skin yourself. Existing skins do not use that file.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, I have designed a custom skin and wanted to add a button that moved to 3 seconds before end of time.

I know I can move to 30 seconds before end but this does not help.

Can I combine 2 comands to one button ID_PLAYBACK_LAST + ID_PLAYBACK_1MIN_FORW. I would set the ID_PLAYBACK_1MIN_FORW to 27 seconds.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No, it has to be an actual listed command in the SkinSupport.txt file which is included with Daum PotPlayer.
    Only the listed commands can be used, you can't modify or use commands which are not part of the program, as listed exactly in SkinSupport.txt.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search PM
    I think I did not explain correctly then. There are 2 commands I want to use that are listed in the SkinSupport.txt
    They work as individual commands from a button

Button Tooltip='Real Time' CmdID='ID_PLAYBACK_LAST' Left='83' Top='60' Width='28' Height='28' ImageLeft='504' ImageTop='487'/>

I want to combine two commands from the one button click. I can only get the first command to work it ignores the second command exmple below

Button Tooltip='Real Time' CmdID='ID_PLAYBACK_LAST' CmdID='ID_PLAYBACK_1MIN_FORW' Left='83' Top='60' Width='28' Height='28' ImageLeft='504' ImageTop='487'/>
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    These commands can be crazy difficult to implement, just insanely crazy and time consuming.

Use Notepad++ or similar program that displays different colors of commands so that it is easy to spot if for example you forget the sign < in front of <Button or that you forget to use AltCmdID for the custom second command instead of CmdID twice like you are using...

The *only * thing I can tell you is to open my custom VideoSkin.xml file in Notepad++ and spend a long time very carefully examining how I did it and substituting commands JUST TO SEE if different commands will actually work and only then taking them to your own custom skin and changing other things around.

Very time consuming process - I could not find much help at all anywhere when I did mine, it was ALL trial and error. It took a very long time.

Take my skin and just test different commands for existing buttons I made, then copy paste my work and start rearranging the graphics after that... that's what I would suggest.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by zenton View Post

I want to combine two commands from the one button click. I can only get the first command to work it ignores the second command exmple below

Button Tooltip='Real Time' CmdID='ID_PLAYBACK_LAST' CmdID='ID_PLAYBACK_1MIN_FORW' Left='83' Top='60' Width='28' Height='28' ImageLeft='504' ImageTop='487'/>
    What you want is this:

<Button Tooltip='Real Time | 1 min FWD' CmdID='ID_PLAYBACK_LAST' AltCmdID='ID_PLAYBACK_1MIN_FORW' Left='83' Top='60' Width='28' Height='28' ImageLeft='504' ImageTop='487'/>

AltCmdID= is the command for right-click action, just make sure you put a description for it in the ButtonTooltip (like in the example) so people know there's a right-click alternative too.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for the help but it looks like it is impossible to do what I wanted. I dont want the commands to be seperate ie. left click or right click. I wanted to run the commands concurrently from one left click. Not sure if you can use IF THEN ELSE AND type command to achieve this.

<Button CmdID='ID_PLAYBACK_LAST'
    Then
    CmdID='ID_PLAYBACK_1MIN_FORW'
    Left='83' Top='60' Width='28' Height='28' ImageLeft='504' ImageTop='487'
    />
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by zenton View Post
    I wanted to run the commands concurrently from one left click.
    Make two separate commands point to the same button/point of action, but make one a blank image and position it a few pixels to the side. This way if you move the mouse a little bit you get the second command and both are still on the same button. This of course if your button isn't too small..
    Quote Quote  
  27. Hello everyone!
    I want to add some buttons to the "original korean" default skin (live version of player. to install live version (with potplayer.exe) you have to choose korean language when installing potplayer)
    I use youtube with potplayer:

I want add some buttons to the "Program" window. Buttons are "Go back page", "Go forward page", "Home" (http://youtube.com), and "Reload page" (buttons like in web browsers)

So would look something like:

Help me please
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There is no program that would make this easy. This is a long and involved process...
    If this makes any sens to you, here's how I got started with editing the main skin:

Daum PotPlayer Skins folder contains SkinSupport.txt file which lists Daum PotPlayer commands.

Existing *.dsf skin file needs to be unzipped to access the .png graphics file and a VideoSkin.xml file with commands.

Figure out which section of the VideoSkin.xml file contains the CmdID commands.

Example:

<Button Tooltip='Fullscreen' CmdID='CMD_FULL_WINDOW' Left='-270' Top='-57' Width='34' Height='43' ImageLeft='0' ImageTop='4' HoriCenter='1' />

• CmdID is the button command (List of commands is fund in SkinSupport.txt file.)
    • For Tooltip='Value': Value is text which appears when you hover over the button.
    • Left is the horizontal location of button in relation to the central skin button.
    • Top is the vertical location of button in relation to the center of the central skin button.
    • Width is the actual width value of the button
    • Height is the actual height value of the button
    • ImageLeft is the actual horizontal value of the top left corner of the button image in the png file [the X Value]
    • ImageTop is the actual vertical value of the top left corner of the button image in the png file [the Y Value]

Any changes made to VideoSkin.xml should be applied in VideoMore.xml if it exists.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!