VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have recorded some TV shows. I want to remove the ghost style TV logos from them before I archive them.

Does anyone know if it is possible to do this? Most of my files are mpg or mp4.

Thanks,

TC
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, it is possible. Do a search on this site for logo removal and look through the posts.

Brainiac
    Quote Quote  
  3. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    It's possible, but it's not «perfect». Often the final results are "acceptable" though, and of course, YMMV.

JMO --- if the logo is not very intrusive or annoying, it's better to leave the video untouched.
    Otherwise, the video does not deserve to be archived, you send it to the garbage can, problem solved
    Quote Quote  
  4. If the logo is translucent its removal can be near perfect. Removal of opaque logos usually leaves behind moving garbage that's more distracting than the logo. A quick search here will turn up dozens of threads about logo removal.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    wups, wrong thread...post removed
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Not worth doing since it requires re-encoding and usually leaving garbage as already mentioned,just watch the show and forget about the logo.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    Not worth doing since it requires re-encoding and usually leaving garbage as already mentioned...
    That's a matter of opinion. I remove all logos. I'm usually going to reencode anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  8. manono,
    How do you remove logos? I've seen them removed where the end result looks pretty good (it's not distracting at all) and I've seen an end result that looks worse than having the logo there.

Not that I need to remove logos much, but I've tried it in the past with a VirtualDub plugin (can't remember which one) and I think also with an Avisynth plugin, but not came up with a satisfactory result, however as it's not something I'd do often I've not spent much time trying.

Any tips?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  9. A very conspicuous logo, with a logo remover, can look like this:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/360967-AviUtl-video-tutorial?p=2290046&viewfull=1#post2290046

or use a subtitle remover instead on such opaque logo.

For pretty transparent logo, removal can be near-perfect, but it may not worth the effort to remove such faint logo anyway.

Click image for larger version

Name:	De-TokyoMX01.png
Views:	503
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	26200Name:  De-TokyoMX02.png
Views: 591
Size:  76.0 KB
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It may be easier just to cover a corner bug with something else.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    How do you remove logos?
    It depends on the logo. As jagabo mentioned, the opaque ones will leave a blur. About half the time this isn't a problem because the logo is on a solid background. Some of the time it's not noticeable unless you're looking at it. Maybe 10% of the time it's irritating as all get-out, like when there's a textured or moving background around it. All-in-all, I still consider it worth it. I use AviSynth's InpaintFunc for those.

The translucent ones can usually be pretty much completely removed. For example, here's the company's video of a song with the godawful Shemaroo logo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxKHcxr7nDk

and here's mine with the ugly logo removed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMXlhmQzflA

For those (and for that video) I use AviSynth's LogoTools.
    Quote Quote  
  12. LogoTools. Cheers. I'll keep it in mind if I ever work up the courage to try logo removal again.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I researched several old threads on this board. Everything that I saw was for avi files.

Is there something that will work on mp4 files?

Thanks,

TC
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by True Colors View Post
    Everything that I saw was for avi files.

Is there something that will work on mp4 files?
    If you're using AviSynth logo removers, the video format makes no difference at all.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!