VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. http://avisynth.nl/index.php/MAA2

I have everything I need for it to run but it keeps telling me
    "Only YV12 colorspace is supported
    (MAA2.avsi, line 85)
    (MAA2.avsi, line 57)"

YV12 is just letters and numbers to me with something to do with colors. what does this have to do with colors and what can I do to get this working?
    Last edited by killerteengohan; 6th Jul 2014 at 04:58.
    Quote Quote  
  2. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Add the line

Code:
    ConvertToYV12(matrix="option")
    to that AVS file.

Originally Posted by http://avisynth.nl/index.php/ConvertToYV12
    matrix: Default "Rec601", scaled to TV range [16,235].
    "PC.601" : Uses Rec.601 coefficients, keep full range [0,255].
    "Rec709" : Uses Rec.709 coefficients, scaled to TV range.
    "PC.709" : Uses Rec.709 coefficients, keep full range.
    "AVERAGE" : Uses averaged coefficients, keep full range (added in v2.60). (So the luma becomes the average of the RGB channels.)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    Add the line

Code:
    ConvertToYV12(matrix="option")
    to that AVS file.

Originally Posted by http://avisynth.nl/index.php/ConvertToYV12
    matrix: Default "Rec601", scaled to TV range [16,235].
    "PC.601" : Uses Rec.601 coefficients, keep full range [0,255].
    "Rec709" : Uses Rec.709 coefficients, scaled to TV range.
    "PC.709" : Uses Rec.709 coefficients, keep full range.
    "AVERAGE" : Uses averaged coefficients, keep full range (added in v2.60). (So the luma becomes the average of the RGB channels.)

Any particular spot in the AVS file I should put it at, or does it not matter?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Somewhere before the call to maa2(). The function also requires progressive video. If your source is interlaced you'll have to convert to progressive before using maa2().
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Somewhere before the call to maa2(). The function also requires progressive video. If your source is interlaced you'll have to convert to progressive before using maa2().
    Would calling it after the deinterlacing make it considered progressive to MAA2?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by killerteengohan View Post
    Would calling it after the deinterlacing make it considered progressive to MAA2?
    Judging by your picture, it's anime you're working on. One doesn't just 'deinterlace' anime. Maybe you're using the word loosely and really mean to say 'after the IVTC' or 'after unblending'. Maybe it was encoded as interlaced and the content is really progressive already. Or maybe you really are (incorrectly) deinterlacing it. A sample would tell if you're not sure of what you have. In any event, yes, deinterlacing makes an interlaced source progressive.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Originally Posted by killerteengohan View Post
    Judging by your picture, it's anime you're working on. One doesn't just 'deinterlace' anime. Maybe you're using the word loosely and really mean to say 'after the IVTC' or 'after unblending'. Maybe it was encoded as interlaced and the content is really progressive already. Or maybe you really are (incorrectly) deinterlacing it. A sample would tell if you're not sure of what you have. In any event, yes, deinterlacing makes an interlaced source progressive.
    Yes I meant IVTC. The source is already progressive but I wont always have a progressive source to work with, thats why I was asking if using it after IVTC will it get maa2() to think its a progressive source.
    Last edited by killerteengohan; 6th Jul 2014 at 20:32.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I added ConvertToYV12(matrix="option") to the maa2.avsi file but all it does is crash the program before it even loads.

I cant get Avisynth to work and I cant get MeGui to open a .d2v file without it crashing.

The second I took that line back out, it started working again.

Did you mean add it into the script I am currently using or the maa2.avsi file?

I added it into the script I am currently using and it still says this.

"Only YV12 colorspace is supported
    (MAA2.avsi, line 85)
    (MAA2.avsi, line 57)"
    Last edited by killerteengohan; 6th Jul 2014 at 20:30.
    Quote Quote  
  9. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Please DON'T say that you didn't replace "option" with "Rec601" / "Rec709" / "PC.601" / "PC.709".
    Quote Quote  
  10. nope I didnt do that lol.

Anyways I got it working. I got the answer from here http://forums.bakabt.me/index.php?topic=40155.20

Apparently I needed fturn-26.dll and It came with the fturn-25.dll one.

So no problems anymore.

Thanks for all your time everyone.
    Quote Quote  
  11. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for sharing the solution
    Quote Quote  
  12. Right at the beginning of the maa2 script it tells you what other filters are required.
    Code:
    Requirements:

* AviSynth 2.6a4
       * SangNom2 0.3+
       * FTurn
       * Masktools 2.0a48
    And when you open a script in an editor you should get a message explicitly telling you what filters are missing.

Name:  err.png
Views: 868
Size:  13.7 KB
    Last edited by jagabo; 7th Jul 2014 at 11:19.
    Quote Quote  
  13. This is getting annoying.

now Im getting an error saying that
    there is no function named SangNom 2
    (MAA2.avsi, line 85)
    (MAA2.avsi, line 57)"

I clearly have Sangnom 2 installed and everything needed for it to work.

It works just fine on my other 2 computers and this installation was done the exact same way along with same plugins exactly copied over.

Why would it be giving me this error out of nowhere when put on this computer? Its the same operating systems.

I uninstalled AVISynth and reinstalled it and that didnt fix anything.
    Last edited by killerteengohan; 11th Jul 2014 at 15:18.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by killerteengohan View Post
    Where jagabo quoted from the AVSI above, it mentioned the name as being Sangnom2 (without the space). Could that be the problem, possibly? That you have it as Sangnom2 and it's supposed to be Sangnom 2, or vice versa?

If that's not it, have you tried loading it into your script with an Import command? And you're sure it's AVS and not AVSI, or vice versa?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Originally Posted by killerteengohan View Post
    Where jagabo quoted from the AVSI above, it mentioned the name as being Sangnom2 (without the space). Could that be the problem, possibly? That you have it as Sangnom2 and it's supposed to be Sangnom 2, or vice versa?

If that's not it, have you tried loading it into your script with an Import command? And you're sure it's AVS and not AVSI, or vice versa?
    Nope that's not the problem, like I said its the exact same filters as on the other computers. Names are all the same, filters are all the same and just copied over. Works fine on the other 3 computers but not this one. All files and programs are exactly the same on all the computers and this is the only one not working.

I tried an older version of sangnom2 which is 3.0 instead of 3.5 and it works now, but I want the newer one to work like on my other laptops and my friends computer as well. I shouldn't have to use an older one. I really don't know whats up with this.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Older version of AviSynth? Do you know how to tell?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Older version of AviSynth? Do you know how to tell?
    If your asking what I'm using, I'm using the AVISynth 2.6 Alpha 5
    Quote Quote  
  18. Yep, that's what I'm asking. I'm out of ideas then. Perhaps someone else can figure it out.
    Quote Quote  
  19. It turns out the problem was a runtime error.

Microsoft Visual C++ both x86 and x64 needed to be installed. I only had the x64 one.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!