VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey so im editing a video for my youtube channel in which me and a friend both play a game, and im laying both of the recordings of our gameplay side by side so they can see both screens at once. At the bottom im laying down a picture so its not just a boring black background and for some reason this black border keeps cutting off my picture. Can someone help? So you can see there that the picture at the bottom is cut halfway off by a black border, and I need that gone so they can see the whole image. Anybody care to help? I appreciate you taking your time to help me
    Quote Quote  
  2. There also seems to be a border on the right hand side that doesnt block my image but it blocks the video on the right, I cant move it over any farther than that.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Is the border on the right shown in your screenshot (ie. is the video on the right "cut off" ? or is it showing the entire video) ?

How are these tracks arranged ? post a screenshot of the work area
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There are no black borders, that's the black background. The dimensions of the three media events simply do not add up, and align, to the dimensions of the project.

You need to go back to Pan/Crop or TrackMotion and resize everything to fit. Vegas shows you the numbers, you simply need to do a little math instead of eyeballing it.

You can't just put a "square peg in a round hole".
    Last edited by budwzr; 6th Jul 2014 at 11:06.
    Quote Quote  
  5. No I had originally thought that as well, but when I completely enlarged one of the videos it stretched all the way to the bottom.

So yea you can see that there IS enough room on the preview screen but something is blocking the picture i inserted from stretching down.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Is the border on the right shown in your screenshot (ie. is the video on the right "cut off" ? or is it showing the entire video) ?

How are these tracks arranged ? post a screenshot of the work area
    Well conveniently the video on the right is actually smaller than the one on the left so that it fits in that amount of space but if i had wanted to move it farther to the right then yes it would be cut off.

Heres my track layout:
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Your composite modes are creating an anomaly. You don't need any composite modes for this type of thing. Set all the tracks to normal. You're overthinking it.

Top track is in the foreground, bottom track is in the background, and the rest are in the middle. If you crop, size, and position correctly, it will "just work".

Think of it like moving planets in space.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by budwzr View Post
    Your composite modes are creating an anomaly. You don't need any composite modes for this type of thing. Set all the tracks to normal. You're overthinking it.

Top track is in the foreground, bottom track is in the background, and the rest are in the middle. If you crop, size, and position correctly, it will "just work".

Think of it like moving planets in space.
    Hmmm how exactly do you mean? Im kind of a noob to sony vegas or editing in general sorry but how do you mean I set all the tracks to normal? And with the repositioning maybe im just not understanding you but I've tried moving the pieces around and nothing seemed to quite work. Care to elaborate? (Btw thanks for your help )
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just size, crop, line up the events so they show in their own space against the background, and don't overlap. Like a Collage of still photos.

Don't use Pan/Crop as an all purpose tool. You need to use the TrackMotion tool as well, to resize and position everything. Pan/Crop tool is very specific, only good for panning and cropping.

This is the worst stage of learning in that you know enough to get something going, but not enough to fine tune it. Get in there with the TrackMotion tool and play with it until you understand it.

The manual does not convey what the tools really can do. I can't elaborate anymore because you have to gain your own understanding to actually understand it. Hahaha.
    Last edited by budwzr; 6th Jul 2014 at 13:25.
    Quote Quote  
  10. If you move the picture vertically up in the frame, so it covers the 2 videos, do you see the bottom of the picture ? Or is it still cut off ?

Solo that picture track, can you see the bottom of the picture ?

Something is really messed up. Save your project. Try rebooting/ restarting. Perhaps even try reinstalling vegas
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If all else fails, post the project file and include the media in a .zip. We'll do it for you. Then you can see how to do it too.

We "gots" the pro talent here. The Illuminati. We shine the light on darkness.

Last edited by budwzr; 6th Jul 2014 at 16:24.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!