VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I wonder if anyone has found some software that will allow me to convert TV Freeview HD m2ts files or will allow me to play these files from the computer

All i get with the software i have tried so far is a failed to load come up

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Could you tell us how you recorded them? HD is usually encrypted.
    Post a mediainfo report (View>Text) of one of the m2ts files.
    Tell us which softwares you tried (so we don't repeat suggesting something).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by transporterfan View Post
    Could you tell us how you recorded them? HD is usually encrypted.
    Post a mediainfo report (View>Text) of one of the m2ts files.
    Tell us which softwares you tried (so we don't repeat suggesting something).
    General
    Complete name : C:\00001.m2ts
    File size : 1.28 GiB
    this is the text view ?
    as for what software i have used I've tried most
    the HD files from the Panasonic recorder go on to the hard drive and then i transfer them to a disc. outher blu-ray players will play the files but no sound as for computer software the files wont load at all hence no picture or sound
    Quote Quote  
  4. If that is all you have for the text view then the file is corrupt or encrypted...somehow.
    If it's genuinely HD then I am surprised you got it play on another player.
    Try loading it into Tsmuxer. See if it recognizes the streams and report any errors.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by transporterfan View Post
    If that is all you have for the text view then the file is corrupt or encrypted...somehow.
    If it's genuinely HD then I am surprised you got it play on another player.
    Try loading it into Tsmuxer. See if it recognizes the streams and report any errors.
    i have just found that arcsoft will play the disc from the USB BLU-RAY player attached to the computer no sound thou

arcsoft however will not play the file from the computer however no sound or picture failure to load comes up

tsMuxeR cant detect stream type ?

the files are spot on and will play on all blu-ray players to hand just no sound

the Panasonic recorder plays both sound and picture as you would expect
    Last edited by fourbanks; 5th Jul 2014 at 12:06.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Yeah. Sounds like encryption. I don't think you can play both video and audio together.
    Sorry. I can't fix that one for you. Maybe another member can chip in.
    I think most of them will say the same though.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by transporterfan View Post
    Yeah. Sounds like encryption. I don't think you can play both video and audio together.
    Sorry. I can't fix that one for you. Maybe another member can chip in.
    I think most of them will say the same though.
    thanks anyhow for your input
    I'm told it's because the sound has a custom codac as freeview HD is not a ble-ray spec at 720 HD so the file transfer is ok in the picture but the sound has to be modified somehow in the transferring to the disc hence the loss of sound
    it is not encrypted i have been told it's just a oddity to which i don't understand on the sound part
    Quote Quote  
  8. Did you try vlc ?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Did you try vlc ?
    yes I've tried that just arcsoft and power DVD only at this time with no sound perfect picture
    Quote Quote  
  10. can you post a short sample ?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    can you post a short sample ?
    a short sample of the file ? maybe i tried to cut it but it failed for some reason
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by fourbanks View Post
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    of what ?
    obviously a sample of the m2ts file that you're having problems with

record something short if you don't have a tiny sample

what model is this "panasonic recorder" ? how do you have this connected ?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Originally Posted by fourbanks View Post
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    of what ?
    obviously a sample of the m2ts file that you're having problems with

record something short if you don't have a tiny sample

what model is this "panasonic recorder" ? how do you have this connected ?
    the model is the 720 i will get a 15 minute sample and post it sometime tomorrow in HD connected via HDMI TO TV
    Quote Quote  
  14. the file upload doesn't work for me so will have to try later
    Quote Quote  
  15. Perhaps you hit filesize limits? You don't need 15min sample, a few seconds will do

Some filetypes are not registered for the upload box here, Try zipping it up first (e.g. 7zip, winrar)
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Perhaps you hit filesize limits? You don't need 15min sample, a few seconds will do

Some filetypes are not registered for the upload box here, Try zipping it up first (e.g. 7zip, winrar)
    it was only a 5 minute clip but as you say will try 7zip and try tomorrow
    Quote Quote  
  17. here we go and fingers crossed someone can work out what sound codec is missing
    i have the AACS folder to upload if you need that ? and the rest of the BDAV folder ?
    http://files.videohelp.com/u/206594/00001.m2ts
    Quote Quote  
  18. Neither commercial (VideoRedo, TMPG, ConvertXtoDVD, Corel, Wonderfox, Aieesoft) nor free (FFmpeg, Format Factory, Pazera, Freemake, HDConvertToX, and a host of others not listed) could identify anything in that file. No video. No Audio.

Every player exulted by members on here failed. I don't know how you manage to get picture playback (having said that my vlc isn't up to date). Also, if you can play video I don't understand why you can't manage to demux it. Identifying the video format would narrow the options for audio considerably.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by transporterfan View Post
    Neither commercial (VideoRedo, TMPG, ConvertXtoDVD, Corel, Wonderfox, Aieesoft) nor free (FFmpeg, Format Factory, Pazera, Freemake, HDConvertToX, and a host of others not listed) could identify anything in that file. No video. No Audio.

Every player exulted by members on here failed. I don't know how you manage to get picture playback (having said that my vlc isn't up to date). Also, if you can play video I don't understand why you can't manage to demux it. Identifying the video format would narrow the options for audio considerably.
    as i said before the file that i uploaded was uploaded from the computer not directly from the blu-ray disc player on the computer there are other files which maybe needed ?

as i said before also the file will only play with arcsoft from the blu-ray player on the computer it will not play the file once transferred onto the computer arcsoft wont play the stream it is needing the full information from the other files i feel that are on the disc and are being read in a sequence that the arcsoft software understands ?

i will up load those and maybe with all the files loaded and downloaded and then put on to a disc someone will be then in my position with a working disc but no sound ?

http://files.videohelp.com/u/206594/00001.rpls

http://files.videohelp.com/u/206594/CPSUnit00001.cci

http://files.videohelp.com/u/206594/info.bdav

http://files.videohelp.com/u/206594/MKB_RW.inf

http://files.videohelp.com/u/206594/Unit_Key_RW.inf

once downloaded the file structure should consist of the following

2 folders one AACS and one BDAV

in the AACS folder the files there should contain as follows

MKB_RW
    AACS_av (file folder)
    Unit_Key_RW
    CPSUnit00001.cci

in the BDAV folder the files there should contain as follows
    info.bdav
    PLAYLIST (file folder)
    CLIPINF (file folder)

As i say hopefully someone will construct these downloads and get it to play in something other then arcsoft hopefully with some sound and a big thanks to anyone giving this a try

a free trial for arcsoft can be found here i have the paid version
    http://www.arcsoft.com/totalmedia-theatre/
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!