VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is there one single free program that allows me to burn a movie from my computer, whether it is avi / mpg / mp4 to ISO or something where I can use DVD Fab or DVD Shrink to burn DVD-R so I can watch on my DVD player at home?

I see a bunch of programs but they seem complicated. Is there a free one that just converts then I can use Shrink and Nero to burn?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    If you want DVD-video from various types of video files, use AVStoDVD. It is free to use. You won't need to use DVDShrink after it has completed the conversion, as AVStoDVD will make the output fit onto a single layer DVD, unless you deliberately change the output size.

Burn the resulting DVD-video with whichever program you want. Most of use use ImgBurn.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I am just thinking of using a 4.47GB DVD-R

Will it convert and burn it onto this media using AVStoDVD?

Does AVStoDVD have a feature that allow you to set the number of minutes each chapter is
    i.e. 5 mins, 10 mins since there is one continuous scene. I'd like to create chapters.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    AVStoDVD will convert to DVD-video. That is its main purpose. Most of us advise you to output onto the hard drive so that you can test it before burning anything, but it is possible to set up AVStoDVD to burn automatically. You'll have to have the free burning program ImgBurn installed also, as it does not come with AVStoDVD. If you would prefer AVStoDVD to burn automatically to a disc, you'll need to go to Options-->Output Setup, and put a check mark next to Burn DVD.

AVStoDVD can set chapter points for you, and you can adjust the amount of time for the chapters. This is found in Preferences-->Authoring/Burning tab.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!