VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi

Is there a way to have Ripbot load an Avisynth line for every conversion?

Each time I convert from Vegas to Ripbot the following line is required to correct the colorspace:

ConvertToYV12(matrix="PC.709")
    Ripbot already has the line "ConvertToYV12()" loaded by defaut but it's not visible in any of the .avs files found in the Ripbot folder. So the easy "find&replace" method is not an option.

I also tried with x264 commands as an alternative but they don't seem to work:

--colormatrix bt709
    OR

--colorprim bt709 --transfer bt709 --colormatrix bt709
    Your thoughts?
    Last edited by lonrot; 2nd Jul 2014 at 13:55.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by lonrot View Post
    Your thoughts?
    Make a template AviSynth script to open in RipBot with all you want in it already? Then just change the video name every time and anything else necessary. That's what I do.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Originally Posted by lonrot View Post
    Your thoughts?
    Make a template AviSynth script to open in RipBot with all you want in it already? Then just change the video name every time and anything else necessary. That's what I do.
    Thanks for the input manono, Ripbot is returning this:

Script error: Invalid arguments to function "ConvertToYV12"
    (C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job5\getinfo.avs, line 2)
    With this script:

video=DirectShowSource("Z:\Zoomin Games\renders\fs.avi").ConvertToYV12(matrix="PC.70 9")

video=Spline36Resize(video,1920,1080).Sharpen(0.2)
    Last edited by lonrot; 2nd Jul 2014 at 17:20.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Are you exporting RGB or YUV from dmfs? It should be RGB, because it is processed as RGB in Vegas.

in ripbot gui try TV to PC color conversion, or edit avs script directly in its gui (properties, show script) and use this for YUV video (which you perhaps should not do that ):
    .ColorYUV(levels="TV->PC")
    instead of :
    .ConvertToYV12()
    Quote Quote  
  5. erase that space character in this, matrix="PC.70 9", to matrix="PC.709"
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by _Al_ View Post
    Are you exporting RGB or YUV from dmfs?
    you cannot use
    for YVV file, only for RGB, ..., ConvertToYV12() is fine, it is generated by script just to be sure file is YUV, but if it already is, you cannot use that argument in it - matrix="PC.709"

in ripbot gui try TV to PC color conversion, or edit avs script directly in its gui (properties, show script) and add at the end of line:
    .ColorYUV(levels="TV->PC")
    instead of :
    .ConvertToYV12()
    The problem with "TV to PC color conversion" is that the color palette is not true to the source, specifically red and magenta . PC.709 replicates the color correctly.

The original file comes via frameserver and is RGB24.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by _Al_ View Post
    erase that space character in this, matrix="PC.70 9", to matrix="PC.709"
    Strange, there's no blank space in the script.
    Quote Quote  
  8. it works here alright, I load RGB 24 signpost.avi to ripbot, and that script works, meaning this line:
    Code:
    video=DirectShowSource("C:\....path...\Untitled.avi",audio=false).ConvertToYV12(matrix="PC.709")
    getinfo.avs is not dedicated for the job,...., job1.avs, job2.avs are used for encoding

it looks like that script should be presented here in code tags, otherwise there can be space added etc...
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by _Al_ View Post
    it works here alright, I load RGB 24 signpost.avi to ripbot, and that script works, meaning this line:
    Code:
    video=DirectShowSource("C:\....path...\Untitled.avi",audio=false).ConvertToYV12(matrix="PC.709")
    getinfo.avs is not dedicated for the job,...., job1.avs, job2.avs are used for encoding

it looks like that script should be presented here in code tags, otherwise there can be space added etc...
    I copied replaced your code and simplified the address to no avail:

Code:
    video=DirectShowSource("Z:\fs.avi",audio=false).ConvertToYV12(matrix="PC.709")
    video=Spline36Resize(video,1920,1080).Sharpen(0.2)
    Also tried with:

Code:
    video=DirectShowSource("Z:\fs.avi",audio=false).ConvertToYV12(matrix="PC.709").Spline36Resize(video,1920,1080).Sharpen(0.2)
    And Ripbot says:

I don't know what "video" means
    (Z:\Zoomin Games\renders\frameserver.avs, line 1)
    (C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job5\getinfo.avs, line 2)
    Here's the text file.

frameserver.avs
    Quote Quote  
  10. That avs script is incomplete , you need something like "return video"

Did you understand what manono suggested ? Make an avs script to load into ripbot, not loading the "fake" AVI from debugmode into ripbot, then editing the ripbot job files

e.g
    All you would do is edit the 1st line for a different frameserve, save the .avs file
    Code:
    AVISource("Z:\fs.avi")

Did you really want to sharpen and resize ? i think those things are added by ripbot
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by lonrot View Post
    I copied replaced your code and simplified the address to no avail:
    I posted only one line that was in dispute, because you posted error with wrong argument for ConverttoYUV(), .., so as was just said you need one more line that says: return video is needed, but I think you need to clear everything you got there, clean ripbot, and start again

definitely to load Avisynth script alone to ripbot is much better, but it could be overwhelming at the begging, meaning writing and understanding that script, ...,first line is usually line that loads clip, lines that do something to video follows ...
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    That avs script is incomplete , you need something like "return video"

Did you understand what manono suggested ? Make an avs script to load into ripbot, not loading the "fake" AVI from debugmode into ripbot, then editing the ripbot job files.
    Thank you for clearing that up.

It works the same as copy-pasting the color code inside the "ConvertToYV12()" command for each new job.

I thought it could be done better by running a proxy avs file directly. Sorry for the confusion.

Did you really want to sharpen and resize ? i think those things are added by ripbot
    Yup, it's intended for Youtube.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by lonrot View Post
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Yup, it's intended for Youtube.
    Hehe, I do the opposite - use a softer resizer (Bilinear) and no sharpening when something's for YouTube. The reason is that YouTube's bitrate is so low that using a sharper resizer and sharpening on top of that makes it more likely to artifact, especially for fast-paced gameplay (if I understand correctly what you're up to).
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by _Al_ View Post
    definitely to load Avisynth script alone to ripbot is much better, but it could be overwhelming at the begging, meaning writing and understanding that script, ...,first line is usually line that loads clip, lines that do something to video follows ...
    Hmm, VirtualDub does read the file.

The
    Code:
    Spline36Resize(video,1920,1080).Sharpen(0.2)
    Is faulty because the "video" instance hasn't been named before. My bad :P
    Last edited by lonrot; 2nd Jul 2014 at 20:41.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Forget that 'video=xxx' stuff. Do it simply:

AVISource("Z:\fs.avi",audio=false)#better than DirectShowSource, if it can be used
    Spline36Resize(1920,1080)
    Sharpen(0.2)
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Forget that 'video=xxx' stuff. Do it simply:

AVISource("Z:\fs.avi",audio=false)#better than DirectShowSource, if it can be used
    Spline36Resize(1920,1080)
    Sharpen(0.2)
    Thanks alot!

It's now working

A funny thing to note: Ripbot doesn't show the custom avs script settings in the properties panel. So whenever I didn't get the error message I still though something was wrong because it didn't appear up in the "Show script" panel. Thanks to you guys and Virtualdub for previewing the actual changes I was able to take courage and render the video.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Do you have audio frameserving from vegas? If so, you should leave the audio=false out in your own avs script

When ripbot makes it's own avs script, it divides up the audio & video tasks, that why you get the video=xxx, stuff , and DirectShowSource with audio=false (because the audio is in another part of the script processing). If your .avs script that you load into ripbot doesn't contain audio, the final video won't have audio either
    Quote Quote  
  18. manono for scaling gameplay footage from 1024 to 1920 what Bilinear setting would you use?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Do you have audio frameserving from vegas? If so, you should leave the audio=false out in your own avs script

When ripbot makes it's own avs script, it divides up the audio & video tasks, that why you get the video=xxx, stuff , and DirectShowSource with audio=false (because the audio is in another part of the script processing). If your .avs script that you load into ripbot doesn't contain audio, the final video won't have audio either
    Thanks for the tip.
    Last edited by lonrot; 2nd Jul 2014 at 21:56.
    Quote Quote  
  20. I am still not sure where it failed for you, because exporting RGB 24 and write audio as PCM (without this checked ripbot has trouble understanding audio and offers only video track, no audio) I got this from ripbot (disregarding whatever line starts with#):

Code:
    video=DirectShowSource("C:\...path...\Untitled.avi",audio=false).ConvertToYV12()
    LoadPlugin("C:\..path where ripbot is stored...\ripbot264\RipBot264 1.17.4\tools\AviSynth plugins\NicAudio\NicAudio.dll")
    audio=RaWavSource("E:\..path for temp ...\RipBot264temp\job1\audio.wav",1)
    audio=ResampleAudio(audio,48000)
    audio=DelayAudio(audio,0)
    audio=ConvertAudioTo16bit(audio)
    AudioDub(video,audio)
    Trim(0,68)
    changing .ConvertToYV12() to .ConvertToYV12(matrix="PC.709") is working also
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by _Al_ View Post
    I am still not sure where it failed for you, because exporting RGB 24 and write audio as PCM (without this checked ripbot has trouble understanding audio and offers only video track, no audio) I got this from ripbot (disregarding whatever line starts with#):

Code:
    video=DirectShowSource("C:\...path...\Untitled.avi",audio=false).ConvertToYV12()
    LoadPlugin("C:\..path where ripbot is stored...\ripbot264\RipBot264 1.17.4\tools\AviSynth plugins\NicAudio\NicAudio.dll")
    audio=RaWavSource("E:\..path for temp ...\RipBot264temp\job1\audio.wav",1)
    audio=ResampleAudio(audio,48000)
    audio=DelayAudio(audio,0)
    audio=ConvertAudioTo16bit(audio)
    AudioDub(video,audio)
    Trim(0,68)
    changing .ConvertToYV12() to .ConvertToYV12(matrix="PC.709") is working also
    There are no problems with audio using this script:

Code:
    AVISource("Z:\fs.avi")
    It sounds counter intuitive but ignoring the audio makes Ripbot to the rest of the job by itself.
    Last edited by lonrot; 3rd Jul 2014 at 01:27.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    If your .avs script that you load into ripbot doesn't contain audio, the final video won't have audio either
    It will if, as I do, you load the audio separately. But I don't use Vegas for anything either.

Originally Posted by lonrot View Post
    manono for scaling gameplay footage from 1024 to 1920 what Bilinear setting would you use?
    Settings?

BilinearResize(Width,Height)

But for upscaling as much as you're doing (why?), I'd use NNEDI3_RPOW2. You can still use BilinearResize within it if you like, but I didn't know you were upscaling by so much.
    Last edited by manono; 3rd Jul 2014 at 01:30.
    Quote Quote  
  23. But for upscaling as much as you're doing (why?), I'd use NNEDI3_RPOW2. You can still use BilinearResize within it if you like, but I didn't know you were upscaling by so much.
    My client sends me the videos at that resolution unfortunately, I do the voice over and upload them back to Youtube.

What NNEDI3_RPOW2 parameters do you suggest for this type of upscaling?
    Last edited by lonrot; 3rd Jul 2014 at 02:30.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by lonrot View Post
    What NNEDI3_RPOW2 parameters do you suggest for this type of upscaling?
    NNEDI3_RPOW2(rfactor=2,cshift="BilinearResize",fwi dth=1920,fheight=1080)

will work. You can substitute any resizer you like. You'll need the NNEDI3.dll. And it'll be slow. Make sure there's no space between the 'd' and 't' as in 'fwidth' above. Don't just copy and paste. Remove the space.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!