VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,
    I have some blu-ray titles i want to edit using Video Mastering Works and i have to do some audio edits so i have to export the audio through the app as well.
    The apps is only offering DD and LPCM.

The original audio track is 7.1 DTS-HD.

The question is:
    Is it ok to export 7.1 LPCM instead of 7.1 DTS HD? will i be loosing something or gaining something?

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. LPCM is uncompressed, DTS HD is lossless compression .

So the file will become larger in filesize, but there will be no losses from lossy compression
    Quote Quote  
  3. So let's say that the DTS-HD audio track has a 3 giga bytes of size, how much the LPCM would be?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by danswano View Post
    So let's say that the DTS-HD audio track has a 3 giga bytes of size, how much the LPCM would be?
    Impossible to predict, because different audio content has different rates of compression

Try it and find out
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thank you for the info.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by danswano View Post
    So let's say that the DTS-HD audio track has a 3 giga bytes of size, how much the LPCM would be?
    That's not hard. DTS or DD or whatever will be uncompressed and become LPCM, which is CBR. So program length x no. of channels x no. of bits x sampling frequency / 8 = total size. A 100minute 7-ch 16bit 48KHz LPCM track would therefore be about 4GB, regardless of where it came from or what format it once was.
    For the nth time, with the possible exception of certain Intel processors, I don't have/ever owned anything whose name starts with "i".
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    U will only be able to decode dtscore 5.1 with vmw5.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!