VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi
    Have a Pinnacle Dazzle DVD Recorder DVC 101 that I capture my VHS to the computer and it works fine with the Pinnacle Instant DVD Recorder software.

But it is one thing I do not like and it is a nice very basic software so you easy can make a DVD disc or save it on the local harddrive.

But you can't recording 4 hour VHS cassette to the harddrive and edit that after. It only support up to 120 min because it want to burn it on a DVD.

I have try some software from this software section but I can't get it to work, most of the time it can't find Dazzle or when I find one that can find it it crash or just recording the video and not the sound because it can only find the video signal.

Is that any free capture program that can find the hardware and save the file on the local disk?

Pinnacle have software like Pinnacle Studio but no trial so I can't download to see if it works before I buy it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Both Vegas and Corel products have trial versions.

I hope you are not considering putting 4 hours on to one 4 gig dvd. The bit rate will be much too low. You program maxes at two hours simply because that is the lowest acceptable bitrate.

You can go lower but not at 720*576 PAL.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have try Vegas Pro but it can't find it, maybe going to try corel too if it can capture from USB.

No I just going to create a big file so it can easy split there I want to split it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    These programs should find it. Maybe you are not asking the right questions.

With these you have to set both the video and audio source. Your dazzle program is probably pre-configured so you do not have to concern yourself with such technicalities.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cazz View Post
    Hi
    Have a Pinnacle Dazzle DVD Recorder DVC 101 that I capture my VHS to the computer and it works fine with the Pinnacle Instant DVD Recorder software.

But it is one thing I do not like and it is a nice very basic software so you easy can make a DVD disc or save it on the local harddrive.

But you can't recording 4 hour VHS cassette to the harddrive and edit that after. It only support up to 120 min because it want to burn it on a DVD.

I have try some software from this software section but I can't get it to work, most of the time it can't find Dazzle or when I find one that can find it it crash or just recording the video and not the sound because it can only find the video signal.

Is that any free capture program that can find the hardware and save the file on the local disk?

Pinnacle have software like Pinnacle Studio but no trial so I can't download to see if it works before I buy it.
    Did you try Magix Video Easy HD yet? It has a free trial and appears to work with a lot of different capture devices. I tried it a couple of years ago with a my USB capture device (not a Dazzle), and it did work. As I recall, it was not difficult to use.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!