VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi i have a very weird and annoying issue with ripbot. I'm using ripbot to compress my blu rays to bd-9 everything thing goes ok for pass 1 and pass 2 but after pass 2 is finished the final step is for it to create a new mkv. Well ripbot doesn't do that for me. Its a brand new computer. I tried others like avchdcoder but. I love ripbot the best. Any help would be great. I used bdtoavchd before to rip to mkv with audio and video untouched. Now im using ripbot to make the mkvs to bd-9 with no audio touched.

The temps are residing on c drive at the moment. I tried saving the mkvs drives to see if ripbot will save them to them besides C drive and no luck. I been trying to figure this issue out with ripbot and im stumped. I never oncce ripbot do this on my old desktop.

The reason why I don't use avchdcoder is cause it comes up failed to convert the audio.
    Last edited by Wizard23; 2nd Jul 2014 at 13:24.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Edit the configuration file to save somewhere besides the default. Are you sure it's not creating the output file?

If so, uninstall and reinstall avisynth, ffdshow and Haali. Be sure to manually delete the Haali folder before you re-install; if it's corrupt a reinstall will also be corrupted. If Ripbot complains about a version (for ffdshow), use recommended version.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It saves the temp files but when pass 2 is finished it just stops nothing happens. OK i will do the steps you said. I use the same verison of those on bd rebuilder page. Bd rebuilder has no problems whats so ever. I tested it to this week and no problems or errors.
    Last edited by Wizard23; 1st Jul 2014 at 16:59.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What fritzi93 said. RipBot is very particular as to where it's files are stored. Besides, editing the RipBot264.ini file saves you from having to type in 'most' of your presets every time you encode. My PC uses a SSD, so I keep all large temps files off it. But I have several large HDDs for them. Not all have those options.

I've used RipBot for several years with no real problems on several PCs. Haven't tried it on W8 and don't plan to.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Uninstall ffdshow and Haali and reboot PC.

Install K-lite Mega and select custom select and choose FFDSHOW for all (audio + video).

Try and reply.

Never has problem using Ripbot+K-lite Mega.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok @fritzi93 thanks for the steps and they worked great Ii tested a mkv last night and it worked I sent the temp files onto one of my other storage drives and it created it. Thanks for your help. On my old desktop I never let ripbot use c as my temp so maybe that's why I had no issues before.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!