VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm having a problem with output DAR from Vegas pro 13.0.

After recording a TS file, I used MeGUI converting it to MP4 because Vegas can't import TS.
    My problem is that I can't obtain the same output DAR after rendering with Vegas.

I'll show you the results and hope someone tell me what have gone wrong..

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.PNG
Views:	321
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	26013

Name:	2.PNG
Views:	190
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	26011

Name:	3.PNG
Views:	386
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	26012
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well I have never heard of that Vegas could not import a .ts file.

Well 720*576 is 5:4 but you clearly have not got your ouptut settings correct since your file is now NTSC rather than the PAL input.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If that is the case, and I still do not believe it, you would have been better to create your mp4 as 768*576 PAR 1:1 which is true 4:3 rather than force it through the DAR which might be fooling Vegas.
    Quote Quote  
  4. There are few (if any) export settings in Vegas that do not allow you to manually set the pixel and/or display aspect ratio. Try again
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Well 720*576 is 5:4 but you clearly have not got your ouptut settings correct since your file is now NTSC rather than the PAL input.
    It is?? 720x576 at 25fps seems pretty PAL to me.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    It is?? 720x576 at 25fps seems pretty PAL to me.
    Hehe, he's referring to the third picture in the OPs opening post which for some odd reason shows the output to be NTSC.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Is that just some MediaInfo oddity?

I guess I don't quite understand MediaInfo's definitions of "Standard". I just checked some PAL DVD video which I'd remuxed as MKV and expected to see "Standard: PAL". For all the episodes from season 6 up, that's what it displayed, but for the first five seasons it displays "Standard: Component". It's all interlaced 4:3 PAL DVD video though.

I tried a few short re-encodes without resizing or setting the correct display aspect ratio but MediaInfo seemed to always consider the output as PAL.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    you would have been better to create your mp4 as 768*576 PAR 1:1 which is true 4:3 rather than force it through the DAR which might be fooling Vegas.
    That was very helpful mate thanks
    Processed again with MeGUI (720x540) 1:1 and everything is ok.

wasn't sure about resize filters so I didn't use any, just resizing to 720x540 which gave the best results.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Not a good way of doing it for many reasons:

Quality at loss each stage, lossy intermediate formats

Wasted time

Becareful of interlaced scaling issues - you can't just resize vertically to 720x540 from interlaced 720x576

Also, any scaling causes quality loss

Best would be to import the native files in vegas . If it doesn't import , try re-wrapping it with tsmuxer, or putting it into a mpeg2 program stream (.mpg) with ffmpeg .

Even if you couldn't do this, you can change the aspect ratio interpretation in vegas. All 3 must be correct : The clip interpretation AR, the project settings AR, the export settings AR. You messed up one or more of them
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post

Best would be to import the native files in Vegas . If it doesn't import , try re-wrapping it with tsmuxer, or putting it into a mpeg2 program stream (.mpg) with ffmpeg .
    After re-muxing with tsMuxer, I was able to import it finally into Vegas.
    Thanks for help
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!