VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. Hi,
    I am new here!
    Well, here's my question .
    I am watching this video at
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLW_3ESsZIg
    Now, I want to convert only music clips from video to mp3 without converting or downloading the entire movie. Example
    The music clip starts at 20:10 and finishes at 21:11. The entire episode last 1:24:20. So, at some point I want only places where they have music in a movie. I hope I am being clear here?
    I use video2mp3.
    Is there a software that can do it?
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Just play the video and record the portion you want with Windows built-in audio recorder or something like CDWave.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks but here is the Windows built-in audio recorder? Where can i find it within my PC? is that Windows player?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Search for Sound Recorder from the start menu.
    Quote Quote  
  5. ok, I understand, but do I also need a microphone?
    Does CD wave also needs a microphone?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Bobcat! View Post
    ok, I understand, but do I also need a microphone?
    Does CD wave also needs a microphone?
    No
    No
    Quote Quote  
  7. ok, i tried but i don't have a sound mixer on my PC I have a brand new PC. I went to right click on volume-recording devices right clicked on screen show disabled devices, and I don't see stereo mixer there. what do i do now?
    Quote Quote  
  8. My stereo mix doesn't show at all
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sometimes double clicking the volume control in the notification area will give a mixer option.
    Quote Quote  
  10. This is not abut mixer, this is yet another application should be when going to volume-system sound, there should be microphone images and stereo mixer on which you click and it will record. Do you know what I am talking about?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Ok, can anyone explain to me how to record on sound recorder from pc, exactly, in windows 7, please
    Quote Quote  
  12. I am watching this video at
    Ok, I am reposting my original question.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLW_3ESsZIg
    Now, I want to convert only music clips from video to mp3 without converting or downloading the entire movie. Example
    The music clip starts at 20:10 and finishes at 21:11. The entire episode last 1:24:20. So, at some point I want only places where they have music in a movie. I hope I am being clear here?

Now I do not have a sound mixer on my PC, when I go to volume,recording devices, system sound, and right click on show disabled devices, I do not see a Sound mixer. Is that because I have a new computer, and microsoft doesn't provide that mixer because of copyright isues? if so, hat can I do?
    I use video2mp3.
    Is there a software that can do it?
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  13. Do you see a device called "what you hear"?

If I recall correctly the default sound drivers in windows doesn't install the sound mixer as a recording device. You may have to go to the sound device manufacturer's web set and install full drivers from there.
    Quote Quote  
  14. I am talking about this: STEREO MIX that's supposed to be on speakers icon right click on Recording Device. All I see is options for microphones, which I don't have. There also should have been Stereo Mix -IDT High Definition audio, which is not there. I clicked on show disabled devices, and it doesn't show. Now, My question is this, should it be there or not at all? My PC is 3 years old Dell.
    Also, is that because I do not have microphones when I go to audio recorder I get an audio recorder device cannot be found.
    Is there some way that I still be able to record music or not?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Sorry, I meant to say "the default sound drivers in windows don't install Stereo Mix as a recording device." Get full drivers from the sound device manufacturer. Probably Realtek.
    Quote Quote  
  16. ok, if i use microphones as a recording device will they do?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Yes, but a mic will give lower quality.
    Quote Quote  
  18. I am sorry for one more question, I plugged in headphones frommp3 player and my sound recorder started working, but the music file had no sound. Is that because I used little headphones from mp3 instead of microphone?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by Bobcat! View Post
    I am sorry for one more question, I plugged in headphones frommp3 player and my sound recorder started working, but the music file had no sound. Is that because I used little headphones from mp3 instead of microphone?
    You plugged headphones into the microphone jack on the computer? You can't really use regular headphones as a microphone. Are you talking about a headset with a microphone? Something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-Audio-326-Stereo-Headset/dp/B001S2RCXW/
    Quote Quote  
  20. i just want to know what i should use microphone or headset like? I heard that store doesn't sell microphones for PC they sell headphone and microiphoen build in
    http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-Audio-326-Stereo-Headset/dp/B001S2RCXW/
    Quote Quote  
  21. You might end up having to use a loopback cable:
    http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/man/tutorial_recording_computer_playback_on_windows.html

Here's a free sound recorder program (giveaway) available for the next 7 hours or so.
    It has some good reviews despite the stupid name and it apparently fixed someone's HP computer with the same problem.

http://giveaway.glarysoft.com/allsoundrecordervistav1.3%28rerun%29-835/

Good luck.
    Quote Quote  
  22. So, it sounds like there's no solution.
    Ok, if I buy headset with microphone will it do the job?
    Do you know whether VLC can do this job of recording music or any other well known software?
    I am not comfortable downloading software that has a questionable zip extension from unknown site. http://giveaway.glarysoft.com/allsoundrecordervistav1.3%28rerun%29-835/
    Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  23. Everything mentioned in this thread is possible. You can buy a microphone and use that to record audio from your speakers. It doesn't have to be a "computer microphone". You can use a loopback cable to route the line output of the sound card to a line input on the sound card. You can get full drivers for your sound device and record "stereo mix" or "what you hear". You can download the video, extract/compress the audio portion you want.
    Quote Quote  
  24. I don't know how to use that loopback cable. This sounds to complicated. Can VLC player do this job of recording?
    Quote Quote  
  25. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    the easiest way is to download the whole movie, demux the audio from the video, delete the video since you obviously don't want it, then load the audio into an audio editing app, like audacity or ocenaudio or any number of other apps and cut out the portion you want and then delete the original.

the way you are trying to do it now is half-assed to say the least and you're just wasting your time.
    Quote Quote  
  26. demux the audio from the video? How?
    This is the first time that I am attempting to do it.
    the way you are trying to do it now is half-assed to say the least? There's no need for such language. I came here to get help since I am a novice.
    I see that I came on a wrong site.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Here's the trim you wanted as an uncompressed PCM WAV file. I started a few seconds early and ended a few seconds late -- you can trim it as you desire. You won't be able to eliminate the voices and other noises.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  28. This came from KM player? I am sorry I cannot download file from unknown source, but thanks for help. I would rather do it myself, that's knowing exactly how to do it.
    Quote Quote  
  29. I downloaded the youtube video then trimmed it with Audacity.
    Quote Quote  
  30. And if the concern is downloading bandwidth, some apps allow you to download only the audio, so the filesize will usally be small compared to the video+audio
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!