VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've a movie in AVI format and separate .SRT subtitle file, how do I add the subtitle file to the video as I want both in one file like MKV
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AVI-Mux GUI, possibly VirtualDubMod (as you have a SRT-format subtitle file), I believe, though I probably wouldn't recommend using VirtualDubMod. Or, you could also remux all three streams (video, audio and subs) into an MKV.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Ai Haibara View Post
    AVI-Mux GUI, possibly VirtualDubMod (as you have a SRT-format subtitle file), I believe, though I probably wouldn't recommend using VirtualDubMod. Or, you could also remux all three streams (video, audio and subs) into an MKV.
    If I use MKVToolNix to remux the subtitle into video, the audio & video quality and bitrate will remain the same?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Simply run MKVMergeGui, part of MKVToolNix, and drag both the avi and srt file into the top window. Press "start muxing" and a few minutes later a mkv file, no re-encoding, no change in quality..
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  5. If I use MKVToolNix to remux the subtitle into video, the audio & video quality and bitrate will remain the same?
    yes, mkvtoolnix only switches the container, it doesn't change the audio/video/subtitle data itself.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!