VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi:

Looking for an inexpensive solution to 'invert values' between camcorder and display.

I use the camcorder to record highly detailed work and it would be helpful to be able to toggle between normal view and an inverted view (everything that is light turns dark and vice versa).

Thanks for any suggestions,
    Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    When viewing it HOW? What kind of camera/player/display? Are you expecting a real-time solution?

For example:
    An AVISynth script can easily do this (using INVERT ()) , but is not real-time switchable. Same for Vdub. You can always use curves/levels presets also, even when there isn't a dedicated tool/plugin/filter.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Simple JVC everio camcorder, pointed to work on desk, connected to 32" display, can use HDMI or composite... I use the camera and display together as a 'digital magnifier', and to record the work, of course... It'll be helpful to see inverted values on the screen, without affecting the recording.

I guess I was hoping there would be a little box out there to plug in between the camera and monitor..

I'm looking at all the info you included, though, thank you... I'm hoping to avoid software solution if possible.

Thanks for your response,
    Scott
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Any hardware solutions to invert values from composite video coming from camcorder going to display? Only solution I've found so far is a $1000 mixer... I'd rather that be < $100 Basically I need a negative image on the screen without altering what is being recorded. thanks for any suggestions
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!