VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello guys and gals,
    im very new to this forum and english is not my primary language so bear with me please. I have a dvd9 of TV film Arabian Nights (2000) imdb.com and I really dont know, which settings i should choose for x264 encoding. Im using xvid4psp 5.10 and im very happy with it, but source of film is somewhat confusing. After i load DVD to this software, i have to hit "analyze" one more time, because 1st time the program wont analyze it successfuly, and then it shows this Interlace/Framerate:

Source type: Hybrid progressive interlaced
    Field order: Variable
    Deinterlace: Yadif
    Target type: Progressive
    In/output framerate: 25.000 fps

With these settings i can see, for example, on their faces blending, not periodical blending, but i see sharp, sharp, then minor blend and so on. I realy wish to make this movie perfect as possible, because i love it. Can anyone help me with this? I tried QTGMC instead Yadif and some other but i see those blends yet. Should i try change fps to 24 or play with field order? I desperately need your help for this one!

Thanx
    pJ

Edit: here is a sample with xvid4psp analyze (default settings for this video): attachment
    Last edited by cybero75; 27th Jun 2014 at 06:40. Reason: sample video
    Quote Quote  
  2. You may have a field blended PAL/NTSC transfer. Xvid4PSP will not be able to handle that. You'll need to use SRestore() in AviSynth. Extract (use Mpg2Cut2 or DgIndex) a short sample from a part of the movie that shows the problem you're seeing.

I've seen your encoded sample now. It's not a field blending issue. It looks to me like there's too little bitrate for the noisy video. And maybe a bad analog transfer without a line TBC. Still upload a sample of the source, not a re-encoded video.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi and thank you for reply,
    here is short cut of another scene, if you need longer samples, let me know, audio is muted

demuxed m2v from DGindex
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  4. and if you think SRestore helps, can i used it in CLI somehow? Xvid4psp has additional CLI cmd line:
    --crf 15.2 --preset veryslow --tune film --level 4.1 --ref 4 --psy-rd 1.00:0.05 --extra:

and for bitrate (Overall bit rate: 7 519 Kbps) i have used crf 15 and i like it, but those blends are movie-breaker. Bitrate is too high.
    Last edited by cybero75; 27th Jun 2014 at 08:15. Reason: added bitrate for mkv arabian nights dvd1
    Quote Quote  
  5. It's not field-blended so there's no real need for SRestore. IMDB seems to say it was shot on video. Somehow it was converted to PAL and maybe it's supposed to be interlaced.
    and if you think SRestore helps, can i used it in CLI somehow?
    Don't you open AviSynth scripts in XviD4PSP? The 5 versions accept AviSynth input. The 7 versions aren't worth a damn anyway.

And the next time someone asks for a sample, please provide one with more movement than just a woman flapping her gums.
    Last edited by manono; 27th Jun 2014 at 08:20.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Yes, it's hard to tell if there is field blending because there's so little motion in the clip. But I think I see some. It suspect this was shot at 30i and converted to 25i with blended fields. There's no great way to deal with this. I would just use a good double frame rate deinterlacer like QTGMC(). Or get the NTSC version of the movie.
    Quote Quote  
  7. manono and jagabo sorry about short sample, here is 21 sec. sample
    here

i know about avisynth editor, but im afraid to change anything manualy, here is copy/paste:
    Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\XviD4PSP 5\dlls\AviSynth\functions\AudioFunctions.avs")
    Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\XviD4PSP 5\dlls\AviSynth\functions\VideoFunctions.avs")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\XviD4PSP 5\apps\DGMPGDec\DGDecode.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\XviD4PSP 5\dlls\AviSynth\plugins\NicAudio.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\XviD4PSP 5\dlls\AviSynth\plugins\TIVTC.dll")
    Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\XviD4PSP 5\dlls\AviSynth\plugins\QTGMC.avs")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\XviD4PSP 5\dlls\AviSynth\plugins\mvtools2.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\XviD4PSP 5\dlls\AviSynth\plugins\RemoveGrainSSE2.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\XviD4PSP 5\dlls\AviSynth\plugins\RepairSSE2.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\XviD4PSP 5\dlls\AviSynth\plugins\mt_masktools-26.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\XviD4PSP 5\dlls\AviSynth\plugins\fft3dfilter.dll")
    #LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\XviD4PSP 5\dlls\AviSynth\plugins\VerticalCleaner.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\XviD4PSP 5\dlls\AviSynth\plugins\nnedi3.dll")
    #LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\XviD4PSP 5\dlls\AviSynth\plugins\EEDI3.dll")
    #LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\XviD4PSP 5\dlls\AviSynth\plugins\EEDI2.dll")
    LoadCPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\XviD4PSP 5\dlls\AviSynth\plugins\yadif.dll")
    #LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\XviD4PSP 5\dlls\AviSynth\plugins\TDeint.dll")
    #LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\XviD4PSP 5\dlls\AviSynth\plugins\AddGrainC.dll")

video = MPEG2Source("F:\Temp\Arabian Nights DVD9.index\Arabian Nights DVD9_T04.d2v", cpu=0, info=3)
    audio = NicAC3Source("F:\Temp\Arabian Nights DVD9.index\Arabian Nights DVD9_T04 T81 2_0ch 192Kbps DELAY 0ms.ac3")
    AudioDub(video, audio)

ConvertToYV12(interlaced = true)
    QTGMC(Preset="Slow", Sharpness=1.0, FPSDivisor=2)

###[FILTERING]###
    ###[FILTERING]###

Crop(14, 2, -10, -2)
    BlackmanResize(1024, 768)
    Trim(117718, 118016)

so what should i change / add in QTGMC line please?
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'd just get rid of the FPSDivisor=2 in QTGMC(). Make a 50p video -- unless you have some reason not to (player limitations, etc).
    Quote Quote  
  9. oki, thank u! i made a sample and it doesnt look bad, ill try that
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!