VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi.

I was looking one bluray player that can do the following:

01. Play all 2d and 3d movie files like m2ts, mkv(Even 3d side by side or top - bottom), bd-iso, ts e.t.c.
    02. Play FULL BLURAY MENU and not the lite that has many media players of one complete bluray movie rip into one bd-iso file
    03. All sounds like dts-hd, dts, truehd, ac3 and can downconvert it into simle stereo for a 3dtv or simple tv
    04. It has ethernet port so i can stream movie files e.t.c. from my windows7 laptop without dlna program

I believe the pioneer bdp-150 or bd-160 with a custom firmware it can play bd-iso or completely bluray ripped folder with menu.

I want to cost 200 dollars even it is used.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Okey. Discuss blu-ray player with iso support here.
    Last edited by Baldrick; 28th Jun 2014 at 03:41.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Even that media player doesn't support full bluray menu?

As it mentioning from the specs it support full bluray menu.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    No. That linked item supports full DVD menu, and "true BD navigation", which may not mean much beyond marketing. Note that it also ONLY supports up to BD Profile 2.0. That means NO 3D Blu-ray (which uses profile 5.0).
    For others checking in, that link refers to a general media player that purports to do blu-rays (and dvds) as well (with addition of bd/dvd drive). It is not a standard, "legit" settop BD player.

The Pioneer players mentioned earlier do not specifically play ISO files using original firmware, so buyer beware.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    And as i know all the dune smart series support FULL bluray menu but not 3d movies.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm sorry as I have the same question like on the first post.

I've created a folder contains bdmv folder and other folders for bluray player using MultiAVCHD.
    After that I burn that folder with ImgBurn at UDF 2.5 format as an image file (iso - 23 gig filesize)

Mount that image file within my computer via NeroImageDrive.
    TMT Player recognize it as a blueray disc, and play well with menu title/chapter/setup.

Now I want to buy a BD player which can play that iso file or maybe read/play the folder (that contains BDMV folder inside) created by MultiAVCHD - play with menu supported, but after looking around an electronic shops here, bring my external HDD (where I saved the iso file and also the folder contains BDMV folder) to test - I can't find any BD player which can play.

I don't have BD-writer, that's why I'm looking for the that kind of BD player.

Maybe anyone here has some suggestion ?
    Btw, the BD player that I've tested is Samsung BD-F5100 and Sony BDP-S1100

OR should I create a AVCHD folder format via MultiAVCHD ?
    but my m2ts file is mpeg2 with average 30 mbps and max 40 mbps, while as long as I know AVCHD only permit max 18mbps and should be in H264 ?

This is my first time making home movie HD video and first time also using MultiAVCHD ... so I'm not an expert at all .

Thank you in advanced.

regards.
    Quote Quote  
  7. @reko, in summary, you can spend $500 for a Blu Ray player that can play BR isos, but your best bet really is to get a burner.

Alternatively, if it's your own movie, do you really need BR navigation?
    Last edited by smrpix; 16th Oct 2014 at 14:18.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Also, you likely will, even if finding a BD player that plays ISOs (with menu) not find any that also play 3D. If it were possible, my money would have been on a high-end Oppo.

Looks to me like H'wood saw that ISOs were getting popular, decided those could only be from PIRATES (according to them, there is no such thing as a legit backup) and probably forced all (major?) BD player manufacturers to remove ISO capability from their firmware or risk losing their BD manufacturer's licensing. A look at the Oppo support site points in that direction.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  9. hi smrpix,

Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    @reko, in summary, you can spend $500 for a Blu Ray player that can play BR isos, but your best bet really is to get a burner.
    yeah, i realize this. Too bad the BRD writer price is too expensive for me .

Alternatively, if it's your own movie, do you really need BR navigation?
    well actually not really .

My situation is like this :
    I make a home movie of my Boss last child's wedding.
    The shot is in 4 "phase" each in different week/month : asking/proposal to the bride's parent - ceremony - buddhist blessing then finally the reception (party).

I've already make the DVD of it.
    But I like my boss very much as she and her family is soooo kind to me, so I'm making the HD version of the movie and author it via MultiAVCHD - then I want to buy them a standalone BR player + 500 gig external HD where I will put all the movies archive before (which still are in SD DVD format) of their family home movie I shot & edit since a few years ago. (as her son's wedding gift)

So I think it would be nice for them, if they can have a menu display and choose the movie they want to watch via BRD player that support iso file with full menu through USB .

Sorry... I write a story here .

Thank you for your advice, smrpix.

regards.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Again, it would be much cheaper to buy the burner, burn the disc, and give them the BDplayer+BD disc+HDD, rather than to keep as ISO and give them the SuperExtraBDplayer+ISO+HDD. If you don't have the money for a burner, how are you going to have the money for the SuperExtraBDplayer?

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    No. That linked item supports full DVD menu, and "true BD navigation", which may not mean much beyond marketing. Note that it also ONLY supports up to BD Profile 2.0. That means NO 3D Blu-ray (which uses profile 5.0).
    For others checking in, that link refers to a general media player that purports to do blu-rays (and dvds) as well (with addition of bd/dvd drive). It is not a standard, "legit" settop BD player.

The Pioneer players mentioned earlier do not specifically play ISO files using original firmware, so buyer beware.

Scott
    The 2d bluray movies what profile it use? 2 or 5?

And ok doesn't support 3d bluray movies with profile 5 but it support 3d mkv files.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    2D uses BD player profiles 1.0, 1.1 or 2.0
    3D uses BD player profile 5.0

3D mkv not = 3DBD, in features (particularly stream options, subs + navigation), nor in quality.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    I know that but i don't mind me the 3d movies.
    At worse case scenario simply rip only the m2ts and siff files of 3d movie with tsmuxer and that's it i have a fully uncomplressed 3d movie into one and only m2ts file.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Also, you likely will, even if finding a BD player that plays ISOs (with menu) not find any that also play 3D. If it were possible, my money would have been on a high-end Oppo.
    I realize this, Scott.

But my purpose is that to play iso which is only in 2D

A look at the Oppo support site points in that direction.
    In my country, we don't have Oppo BRD player yet in the market, but cellphone only.

Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Again, it would be much cheaper to buy the burner, burn the disc, and give them the BDplayer+BD disc+HDD, rather than to keep as ISO and give them the SuperExtraBDplayer+ISO+HDD.
    If I buy the BRD burner, the burner will be rarely used as it seems I won't do BRD burning often. The burner here in my country still around 150 USD, cheapest BDplayer is 80 USD and cheapest HDD is around 50 USD - total 280 USD.

If you don't have the money for a burner, how are you going to have the money for the SuperExtraBDplayer?
    Finally I found one Chinese BDplayer that read ISO (via USB) and they say it will play menu, the brand is Crystal BR-950. The price is 80 USD. The shop who sell this product is in the capital city of my country (Jakarta), while I live in another city far from Jakarta. So I'm ordering the player now to that shop. Still waiting the player to arrive. I hope what they say is true

Thank you very much for all your advice and suggestion, Scott.

regards.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!