I've been using multiAVCHD for quite some time now and I haven't had this problem before. I think I may have deleted something while running anti-malware or changed something when trying out different audio software.
multiAVCHD is no longer creating audio for some reason with any file I run through it and I cannot figure out why. Well, it IS creating an audio file because when I play it on VLC media player it shows there IS an audio file but no sound is produced. I've been using multiAVCHD for a couple years without problems and I didn't alter any of the settings in it that I know of. I've tested it on 2 computers and it's just this one that I'm having this problem with.
I'm running windows 7. I've uninstalled/reinstalled multiAVCHD, haali, avisynth, ffdshow in their proper order. I've run the multitest tool with no problems. As far as I can tell the settings on multiAVCHD are the same on my old computer that runs it fine. I've run the windows 7 filter tweaker with various settings without success.
The only thing that worked for me was extracting the audio files, converting it to .WAV, remuxing it as an .MKV and then running it through multiAVCHD. But I would rather figure out how to get the program running as it should be.
Would greatly appreciate any ideas on how to correct this!
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5
Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
Yes, thank you, I already know that I can convert the audio myself. The problem I'm trying to figure is why multiAVCHD is no longer doing this itself when it used to do it before without any problems. When I convert the same files using multiAVCHD on my old computer (that is really really slow), it processes it fine.
I have never used MediaInfo before. So I have it now and tried another file on both computers to get a fresh comparison. Neither one played audio after transcoding this time. So I then tried a completely different new file and it works on both PC's now. I guess I just have a bunch of audio files that do not work with multiAVCHD? Perhaps there is a more upto date tool for converting to Bluray now in regards to audio?
But as a newbie with MediaInfo; In comparison with the file that did not work and the file that did play the audio properly, the information detailed in the debug-10 mode was drastically different between the 2 files. The most noticeable difference was in the audio section; the file that would not play audio had a bunch of listings of audio delay. The first was 600,000. The next four were 10 minute delays but it says there was no difference in delay between audio and video. As this is my first time using MediaInfo I really do not know exactly what I'm looking at when it is telling me these delay times but as the video is only 20 minutes long these audio delay times seem pretty insane.
Thank you all for replying! You've lead me to new enlightenment!